"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
no I think they're scrubs cause they haven't played an offense worth talking about

you keep bringing up stats as if you're discrediting my point…all of this is happening against garbage ass quarterbacks

Okay so let's throw away the first game because it's against Seattle. Since week 1 we've played
- Geno Smith (benched once this year)
- Matthew Stafford
"In the seven games he has quarterbacked the Detroit Lions against Green Bay, Stafford is 1-6 with his only win coming last season in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

He has only completed 58.5 percent of his passes against Green Bay (179 of 306) for 2,131 yards while throwing 13 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He has been sacked 17 times by the Packers as well."
- Jake Cutler
"Jay Cutler has 17 interceptions and a 65.1 passer rating in nine career regular-season games against the Green Bay Packers and has lost six straight games to them."
- Christian Ponder (3rd string qb for the vikings)

What does bringing up stats do!? Do you honestly think we're not gonna win this division? We won last year with Matt Flynns because the rest of our division sucks. This is why packers fans get so distraught in the playoffs when we get smacked in the mouth. Y'all are like "omg what happened? this isn't us." NO. It is. Stop thinking you we need "little" tweaks. If we're not seattle what's the point of bringing up stats.

Put it this way, in the 2 games we didn't play division foes (not counting Seattle) it took A Rod theatrics to win the game. THAT'S our team. And THAT sucks.

I'm not gonna blame our cornerbacks getting injured on the reason the dolphins came back. Why? Because Miami mounted a comeback on the ground. I think Casey had one missed tackle and the rest of the plays were misdirections TARGETING our middle linebackers.

I would agree with this if our D wasnt doing good in other categories. Like last year for example,they were ass through the air but good against the run. Thats was it..That was our defense..Every other category including take aways were below average to horrible...No QB pressure,not many sacks,points,ect.

that isnt the case this year...

ive never ever big upped this D. Only times i did was in 2009 and 2010 and both those years they finished in the top 10...

Im not gonna argue with ya'll. I understand you guys are pessimistic about this D. As Packer fans,you have every right to. But just wait,watch and see. Trust me. :win:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I would agree with this if our D wasnt doing good in other categories. Like last year for example,they were ass through the air but good against the run. Thats was it..That was our defense..Every other category including take aways were below average to horrible...No QB pressure,not many sacks,points,ect.

that isnt the case this year...

ive never ever big upped this D. Only times i did was in 2009 and 2010 and both those years they finished in the top 10...

Im not gonna argue with ya'll. I understand you guys are pessimistic about this D. As Packer fans,you have every right to. But just wait,watch and see. Trust me. :win:

I'm just saying there is no reason to pat them on the back. They're doing what we expect them to do - beat on cutler and the gang. It's what they do against teams outside of the division that is the problem.

Hence why I'm like, calling them a top 10 defense is bit premature…we would be the 85 bears if all we did was play within out division for 16 games a season

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
top 10? what defense are you watching

Our secondary is the strength of the defense.

Tramon and Shields are a good duo.

Ha Ha has been impressive. Burnett is back to his 2012 self. They're getting turnovers too.

Hayward and House get their chances to start this week. I think Hayward would be an insane safety but the coaches won't explore that after putting Hyde at S.

Front 7 we have pass rushers but we can't stop the run and we have no MLB (Lattimore is an upgrade over Jones though and he's played well)

There's positives but if you can't stop the run and you're run hand continues to struggle then that's a formula for sitting at home in January

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else wanna question me on this D?

thought so :win:
It's greatly improved no question. Let's see how they play at the saints next week. The saints could legit win there division by losing all their road games and winning all their home ones. :heh: Cam played like shyt today and Brees will have those boys ready.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Anyone else wanna question me on this D?

thought so :win:

not ready to crown them yet but the effort is there and they dominated the line of scrimmage today

Brees and the Saints are going to be desperate at home though... the Superdome is a tough place to get a W at.. just as tough as Arrowhead or Seattle... it'd be HUGE to go in to the bye at 6-2 and then get healthy

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
not ready to crown them yet but the effort is there and they dominated the line of scrimmage today

Brees and the Saints are going to be desperate at home though... the Superdome is a tough place to get a W at.. just as tough as Arrowhead or Seattle... it'd be HUGE to go in to the bye at 6-2 and then get healthy
Ready to crown them what? They are a very good D and no one can disprove that up to this point. Our old D would have cam running and throwing on us

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ready to crown them what? They are a very good D and no one can disprove that up to this point. Our old D would have cam running and throwing on us

B we're just saying we want a full picture before we get overly optimistic

I'm impressed that this was done against someone outside of our division. The win quality was tremendous today.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
B we're just saying we want a full picture before we get overly optimistic

I'm impressed that this was done against someone outside of our division. The win quality was tremendous today.
And I'm letting y'all know there's more to a defense then rush yards allowed(even though they haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since the bears game)

This D had many stats in the top 10. That right there should tell u the story of this D. If they weren't, i wouldn't even be bigging them up like this.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And I'm letting y'all know there's more to a defense then rush yards allowed(even though they haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since the bears game)

This D had many stats in the top 10. That right there should tell u the story of this D. If they weren't, i wouldn't even be bigging them up like this.

In my case I'm not worried about stats per say because we all know what padding looks like

More concerned with the quality of win

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

RUSH defense is still a concern

I don't believe in Guion still

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
RUSH defense is still a concern

I don't believe in Guion still

they've been good since after the Bears game :manny:

This team started off slow on both ends. Now both ends are clicking. This the first time where if a team has the ball at the end of the game,im not nervous of our D fukking up. Plus the only true measure of a D is points allowed in which we are easily top ten there