"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I guess that's why they play the game.

Boykins benched and Guion benched will be permanent changes

Still doesn't make sense to me to NOT have a respectable replacement. I'm tired of TT always doing this. Always. Always. Always.

We need a Howard Green type pickup off the street like in 2010 for the D-Line... a fat run stuffer who can be a little mobile

And Boykin being demoted is good too. Adams will make plays and looks way more fluid

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Anyone come at us with injuries excuse or refs excuse needs to :camby:

Ur not gonna win when u go up 21-3 and then get out scored 31-3 the rest of the game. Ugly win, our Defense fukking sucks, our O-line sucks and Capers gotta go

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
What an ugly game. That first quarter was all types of shyt. Why in the hell do we always seem to start slow? Our defense was shyt early, but credit to Capers, adjustments were made, and they finished the game pretty strong. The thing that worries me, is when we blitz, we hardly ever get to the QB. That's just begging for the other team to make a big play. We HAVE to fix that going forward. It's mandatory.

Jordy Nelson. How good is Jordy Nelson? Seriously. He had a couple drops, one that would've been a big first down, but he makes some ridiculous catches. Bailed out bad throws by Rodgers a couple of times. Loved what I saw outta Davante Adams. Think he might've taken Boykin's spot as the #3. He had some big catches for us in the TD drive before the half, and a big 3rd down catch in the 3rd. Play him. Rodgers looked a bit off, and the Jets completely neutralized our running game. Yards were very hard to come by for Lacy.

Nice to get a win, no matter how ugly it was. It's nice to see we can come back from a 21-3 deficit, but we need to NOT go down 21-3 in the first place. Unfortunate to have the refs blow that timeout call, but it's not like he had the time to turn and see who was calling the timeout. I guess they err on the side of caution in that situation. Imagine Geno throws a pick, or something bad happens, and they weren't given the TO? Tough break for sure. I feel for Jets fans. I know I'd be pissed if it happened to us. BUT, they got the first, and kept moving down the field. What can you do?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
We need a Howard Green type pickup off the street like in 2010 for the D-Line... a fat run stuffer who can be a little mobile

And Boykin being demoted is good too. Adams will make plays and looks way more fluid

WORD!

We def need that howard green plug.

And you noticed that once boykins got demoted, ARod threw to Adams immediately on the screen. Then Adams had that huge catch and run that led to our first TD. He's here to stay. I like boykins, but we need BIG PLAYS

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
The thing that worries me, is when we blitz, we hardly ever get to the QB. That's just begging for the other team to make a big play. We HAVE to fix that going forward. It's mandatory.

That is totally on the front 7 being inactive pre snap. If you noticed in the first half, Hawk and Lattimore were standing 5 yards off the ball ALL THE TIME. Literally the only time they got up to the line was when they were blitzing. Well duh now it's ineffective. You have to show different fronts. You have to move. You have to confuse the protection. When we don't do that, we suck.

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sherrod gotta be the worst tackle in the game :wow: Right off the gate he was gettin is ass drove back and turned around. Can't believe we wasted a first on that soft ass muthafukka.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Sherrod gotta be the worst tackle in the game :wow: Right off the gate he was gettin is ass drove back and turned around. Can't believe we wasted a first on that soft ass muthafukka.

He's not as bad as Newhouse. But with Sherrod we have to remember today was his first NFL start. He basically has a different body and is much stronger but his technique needs work.

Rodgers also holds the ball too damn long :damn: Sherrod and Bakhtiari can't hold up for 10 secs like that

Also, I just caught this :sas2:

Damn Chuck :to:

Only On Camera

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sherrod plays like the ground is wet cement
He's not as bad as Newhouse. But with Sherrod we have to remember today was his first NFL start. He basically has a different body and is much stronger but his technique needs work.

Rodgers also holds the ball too damn long :damn: Sherrod and Bakhtiari can't hold up for 10 secs like that

Also, I just caught this :sas2:

Damn Chuck :to:

I miss seeing him play so much.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
DeadIndolentFlee.gif

i can't see Hawk making this play, Kuechly is a beast

Stafford is going to eat with the dump offs over the middle to control the clock and eventually the game

Pettigrew is going to go off

Last edited:

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
you know you suck when you're defense helps you win the turnover battle and you still lose

Can't pin this loss on the defense... they had almost zero help from the offense

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
We. Are. Not. A. Good. Football. Team. PERIOD.

Nothing else really needs to be said. I said it when we let the Jets get out to that quick lead, but it's very evident now. Defense played it's ass off for no damn reason. Offense should be ashamed. lol @ scoring 7 points. Who do we think we are? Just ugly. Looked like we were running the same 3-5 plays over and over again. I think maybe it's time for McCarthy to give up the play calling duties. He never seems to have any feel for how the game is going. I know Rodgers is at fault at times too, for checking into stupid plays (the Safety, for example), but I've seen NOTHING creative out of the offense so far this year. Pretty disappointing to say the least.