H-Hour(Spiritual successor to Socom) PS4/PC (New gameplay video)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont give a fukk what u claim u had. If you rocked with an xbox from the jump? PS2 didnt even have online yet. Xbox had online on lock. Rainbow 6 and especially black arrow? :whew:
Another league bruh, sorry if you missed out. And Halo never even heard of socom. You liked ps2 better, where mediocrity is king.
:camby:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I dont give a fukk what u claim u had. If you rocked with an xbox from the jump? PS2 didnt even have online yet. Xbox had online on lock. Rainbow 6 and especially black arrow? :whew:
Another league bruh, sorry if you missed out. And Halo never even heard of socom. You liked ps2 better, where mediocrity is king.
I just KNEW this idiot was in here telling tales, so I had to see the "ignored content" for myself. You are aware, that PS2 Online pre-dated Xbox Live right? You are aware, that Socom Online play pre-dated Xbox Live right? You are aware, what the word "pre-dated" means right?

See, that's the wonderful thing about actually owning both consoles, is you remember stuff like this. For instance, I actually had both systems. I am a Day One Xbox Live member (you know what that means right?), and my OG Gamertag was the same as my OG name on Socom. Considering Socom came out BEFORE Xbox Live launched, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the implications of that statement.

Funny that you mention one Tom Clancy game, when the first game that got burn on Xbox Live was actually Ghost Recon (but since you were obviously late to the party, I don't expect you to remember that). And speaking of Halo, I'm sure you know that it wasn't Live Compatible right? Being that it was a Launch Title, and Xbox Live didn't come out til a year after launch. The only way to get online with that game was to "trick" it by using software on a computer. That's one of the biggest reasons why Halo 2 was so anticipated: Xbox Live play.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just KNEW this idiot was in here telling tales, so I had to see the "ignored content" for myself. You are aware, that PS2 Online pre-dated Xbox Live right? You are aware, that Socom Online play pre-dated Xbox Live right? You are aware, what the word "pre-dated" means right?

See, that's the wonderful thing about actually owning both consoles, is you remember stuff like this. For instance, I actually had both systems. I am a Day One Xbox Live member (you know what that means right?), and my OG Gamertag was the same as my OG name on Socom. Considering Socom came out BEFORE Xbox Live launched, it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the implications of that statement.

Funny that you mention one Tom Clancy game, when the first game that got burn on Xbox Live was actually Ghost Recon (but since you were obviously late to the party, I don't expect you to remember that). And speaking of Halo, I'm sure you know that it wasn't Live Compatible right? Being that it was a Launch Title, and Xbox Live didn't come out til a year after launch. The only way to get online with that game was to "trick" it by using software on a computer. That's one of the biggest reasons why Halo 2 was so anticipated: Xbox Live play.
You are aware, that you done got this nikka started right??

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I just ignored his post. I don't even know why he brought his bias opinion into this topic.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You got him on the ropes... hit him with those dates to provide a knockout blow.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It isn't about the graphics when it comes to Socom. You must of never played the shyt..lmao.
I played OG Socom....but that doesn't matter and I'm no graphics whore.....but the screenshot looks like ass. Gotta hold these dudes to higher standards. They have an opportunity to create something from the ground up. Hell the graphics don't have to be the highlight of the game, but I demand that they be better than whats in that screenshot.

And speaking of Halo, I'm sure you know that it wasn't Live Compatible right? Being that it was a Launch Title, and Xbox Live didn't come out til a year after launch. The only way to get online with that game was to "trick" it by using software on a computer. That's one of the biggest reasons why Halo 2 was so anticipated: Xbox Live play.
Yep, the software was Xbconnect if I remember correctly. Me and my boys used to use that shyt all the time. We all had bootleg Xboxes that I'd modded. So we hooked up and played Halo via Xbconnect. That software would trick any game into thinking it was a multiplayer game as long as the game had co-op on it. I'd pretty much host a semi-bootleg Halo server but using the Xbox and my PC and we'd wildout with other people who were online playing the same way. There were a BUNCH of people online playing that way too which surprised us because we always thought the pickings would be slim. I think what happened is, non-modded console users started to hop on Xbconnect as well. Live came out a while after the Xbox dropped. What people forget though is that it was not as reliable as it is now. There were a bunch of host connects and various other issues when Live first came into existence. Until they got the kinks worked out though we had Xbconnect.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played OG Socom....but that doesn't matter and I'm no graphics whore.....but the screenshot looks like ass. Gotta hold these dudes to higher standards. They have an opportunity to create something from the ground up. Hell the graphics don't have to be the highlight of the game, but I demand that they be better than whats in that screenshot..
Yea it says pre-alpha screenshot for a reason.

• Dap
Reactions: Uri

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I played OG Socom....but that doesn't matter and I'm no graphics whore.....but the screenshot looks like ass. Gotta hold these dudes to higher standards. They have an opportunity to create something from the ground up. Hell the graphics don't have to be the highlight of the game, but I demand that they be better than whats in that screenshot.

Yep, the software was Xbconnect if I remember correctly. Me and my boys used to use that shyt all the time. We all had bootleg Xboxes that I'd modded. So we hooked up and played Halo via Xbconnect. That software would trick any game into thinking it was a multiplayer game as long as the game had co-op on it. I'd pretty much host a semi-bootleg Halo server but using the Xbox and my PC and we'd wildout with other people who were online playing the same way. There were a BUNCH of people online playing that way too which surprised us because we always thought the pickings would be slim. I think what happened is, non-modded console users started to hop on Xbconnect as well. Live came out a while after the Xbox dropped. What people forget though is that it was not as reliable as it is now. There were a bunch of host connects and various other issues when Live first came into existence. Until they got the kinks worked out though we had Xbconnect.
Eh... If there was no XBL, then most games wouldn't have system link features tho :patrice:
I too used XB Connect so we could play Halo online.. shyt was mad fun, the lag wasn't even bad or noticeable most of the time. But when it did, it acted differently than it does on XBL. Like I recall people moving normally, but they would flicker :manny:
Did your father take your mother out on a pre-date before he hit that :stylin:
You got him on the ropes... hit him with those dates to provide a knockout blow.
:popcorn:

I'm just wondering if his shemotional ass will apologize afterwards. Or will he do what 100% of the dudes do in this situation :lolbron:
Yeah I just ignored his post. I don't even know why he brought his bias opinion into this topic.
Bias opinion :wtf:
Xbox is and has always been known for its shooters. During the PS2 era, we had it on lock so bad, sony fanboys would claim thats all Xbox had.
So when they finally got a decent shooter of there own? Well, same as how they hype up Killzone today, that was the sony game to stan. No bias, I'm just a historian :umad:
Now, the campaign as I stated, best campaign in any shooter I ever played. But you calling me bias?
I also said Uncharted was my favorite series this gen... how does a biased person say these things
Maybe, just maybe you are proving the point I made by your behavior today :ohhh:
Im not biased kid, I just played better. Sorry if that offends you, but I'm not gonna apologize for it...

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Maybe I'm missing it....but I don't see Pre Alpha on the screenshot. Regardless, the screenshot looks like ass.
You are correct sir, but you have to realize. This is a PS4/PC game as of right now.
So "Stans" of sony (the guy you was replying to) will tell you how wonderful it is, looks, plays.
Even if it looks and plays like shyt (Driveclub comes to mind)
Just nod in agreement with these dudes, or you might ruin there weekend :manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I thought Sony Stans always said they don't like SHOOTERS??? :what:
Last gen they said that, then this gen sony does what sony does (copy and overdue it)
So this gen they had 2 socoms, 3 resistance games, 2 Killzone games, Mag, 3 uncharted games, I could name a few more but I think I made my point.

So now 3cepts are like "What, we love shooters" :laff:

PS2 had Socom and uh.... :patrice: