GTA 6 will be set in Vice City and will feature a Latina protagonist according to current and former Rockstar employees.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Agree to disagree, I don't care to argue the topic, as it's beyond meaningless. Point of my first post was not to be drawing conclusions from speculation, especially when the speculation directed towards the actual development of the title was a mere two sentences, one of which is a longstanding and unconfirmed rumor.

I do see the point you are getting at, and I would be inclined to agree, I just currently don't feel like flushing anything out on this.

I agree, bro. Glad we were able to discuss without coming at each other crazy. I definitely see what you're saying too. Just a difference of opinion is all.

Hopefully, we ain't waiting until midgen-ish for release or footage lol

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
I agree, bro. Glad we were able to discuss without coming at each other crazy. I definitely see what you're saying too. Just a difference of opinion is all.

Hopefully, we ain't waiting until midgen-ish for release or footage lol
I actually agree with everything you were saying, I most likely didn't express myself properly as I don't think we would find much disagreement, outside my bias towards the writer. But yeah, it's looking like midgen-ish for anything important. And we might be looking at a release cycle similar to GTA V, which is a pain but I just opt for the PC release when it comes to Rockstar, at least at this point. But I do trust them to put out a solid title, whether their writing department has been made too "woke" or not.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I still remember when they previewed San Andreas… wow… were CACs mad as fukk. The Amazon pre-orders review section was fukking chaos. CACs were already asking for mods to make the character’s skin white. Threatening to boycott Rock Star. :mjpls:

These used the term “affirmative action” which has now evolved into “woke”. :mjlol:

yo …. yo ….. yo ……

San Andreas was one of those games or events that changed a generation in so many ways

but I only will focus on what you said as far as people being mad at CJ being the first black American character for GTA … I’ll never forget it must’ve been 02’ or 03’ on allhip-hop.com the absolute GOAT form and me being naïve thinking 99% of all the thousands of posters on there were reflection of me but that first thread about this new GTA San Andreas and the rumor of it being a black protagonist with a urban feel to it and then reading posters being disappointed, upset & angry …. it really open my eyes to this Internet shyt

as an old nikka … The irony of the result after the game was released is nothing more than prophetic
the fact that it goes down as da greatest game of all time

solidifies da infamous Paul Mooney statement

E1wfdb-WEAI3KSQ
everybody wanna be

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I actually agree with everything you were saying, I most likely didn't express myself properly as I don't think we would find much disagreement, outside my bias towards the writer. But yeah, it's looking like midgen-ish for anything important. And we might be looking at a release cycle similar to GTA V, which is a pain but I just opt for the PC release when it comes to Rockstar, at least at this point. But I do trust them to put out a solid title, whether their writing department has been made too "woke" or not.

Probably not tbh and I don't even care for Jason like that tbh lol

Yeah, if 2024-ish is release. But they made GTA V somehow work on old ass last gen systems somehow so I got faith and tbh, I'm in the same boat with the faith. They have yet to disappoint when they're actually developing; I don't hold the GTA trilogy remake against them, especially after the patches.

I need to start building my PC. Seems like the perfect platform for GTA between the single player mods for gameplay and graphics or the multiplayer shyt like the RP.

Hopefully they hook PC fam up on release instead of tryna double dip, but yk how that goes. Only thing I'm hoping is that this time SP gets some kind of updates like IV did. MS or Sony don't have to fund that shyt this time. At least put the cars and clothing options in

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
yo …. yo ….. yo ……

San Andreas was one of those games or events that changed a generation in so many ways

but I only will focus on what you said as far as people being mad at CJ being the first black American character for GTA … I’ll never forget it must’ve been 02’ or 03’ on allhip-hop.com the absolute GOAT form and me being naïve thinking 99% of all the thousands of posters on there were reflection of me but that first thread about this new GTA San Andreas and the rumor of it being a black protagonist with a urban feel to it and then reading posters being disappointed, upset & angry …. it really open my eyes to this Internet shyt

as an old nikka … The irony of the result after the game was released is nothing more than prophetic
the fact that it goes down as da greatest game of all time

solidifies da infamous Paul Mooney statement
Yup. I posted on the IC during that time and I was extremely naive too. I knew racism existed but I didn’t know how deep the sickness was. It was post 9/11 so there was a honeymoon period of racial harmony. Man, did that wake my ass up.

Even the so called liberal forums like IGN had a very heavy :mjpls: to playing as CJ.

“I don’t want this game to become all ‘gangsta’ and ‘Urban’. Rockstar is just trying to become hip now.”

You’d almost think that the previous game at the time ‘Vice City’ wasn’t based on Scarface, the ultimate gangster movie. :gucci:

shyt really opened up my eyes. Playing as aliens, elves, blue hedgehogs, mythical creatures is fine. But having to play as a black man takes you too much out of your comfort zone? :scust:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Probably not tbh and I don't even care for Jason like that tbh lol

Yeah, if 2024-ish is release. But they made GTA V somehow work on old ass last gen systems somehow so I got faith and tbh, I'm in the same boat with the faith. They have yet to disappoint when they're actually developing; I don't hold the GTA trilogy remake against them, especially after the patches.

I need to start building my PC. Seems like the perfect platform for GTA between the single player mods for gameplay and graphics or the multiplayer shyt like the RP.

Hopefully they hook PC fam up on release instead of tryna double dip, but yk how that goes. Only thing I'm hoping is that this time SP gets some kind of updates like IV did. MS or Sony don't have to fund that shyt this time. At least put the cars and clothing options in
I expect the PC to be delayed, but to be honest, if they target 50-60fps @ 4k on the consoles, I might just stick to the console release unless something significant happens on the modding side of things for the PC, as you put it.

On PC building, prices are coming down fast, but I would wait for the next major releases on PC parts, which should be out before the end of this year or Q2 of next year at the very latest, these are expected to be significant performance increases and I don't expect the prices to be outrageous, especially since the mining phase has simmered down, at least for now.

Loken

All Star
Daps
they had a rumor a while back about having a male an female protagonist saying one would be a cop or FIB an the other was in the drug game an that they would be related :manny:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I expect the PC to be delayed, but to be honest, if they target 50-60fps @ 4k on the consoles, I might just stick to the console release unless something significant happens on the modding side of things for the PC, as you put it.

On PC building, prices are coming down fast, but I would wait for the next major releases on PC parts, which should be out before the end of this year or Q2 of next year at the very latest, these are expected to be significant performance increases and I don't expect the prices to be outrageous, especially since the mining phase has simmered down, at least for now.

If they pull off 50-60fps 4k on XBSX and PS5, Rockstar solidified themselves as top in game tech with naughty dog and the coalition after. I'm in the minority with being more than okay with their games at 30fps and sticking to the weighty movement. If they can do that with actual decent raytracing and more interiors than V, I'll be happy lol.

If those rtx 40 prices are right, imma just grab one ASAP as motivation to build the PC tbh