Grown-ish Official Thread

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
It’s funny to compare both shows. Growish cast seems like kids compared to a different world. Other than the one Spanish girl who is like 30 in real life:hubie:
Yeah but Grown-ish has realer subject matter. Just like Black-Ish does compared to the Cosby Show.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Why does it seem like Yara character is the least interesting on the show now.
Thats what happen when you lock down the star of your show in a relationship. Like season 5 of fresh prince, season 6 of two and a half men :francis: (Still was funny AF tho)

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
Thats what happen when you lock down the star of your show in a relationship. Like season 5 of fresh prince, season 6 of two and a half men :francis: (Still was funny AF tho)
:patrice: I kinda like the relationship angle more than I would if she was out thotting like Issa on Insecure but maybe that's just me :manny:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah but Grown-ish has realer subject matter. Just like Black-Ish does compared to the Cosby Show.
I think Different World had much better subject matter, Grown-ish seems like they keep wanting to address serious topics but not be too bold with it. At some point the show is going to have to address Nomi's fake oppression and real entitlement.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
I think Different World had much better subject matter, Grown-ish seems like they keep wanting to address serious topics but not be too bold with it. At some point the show is going to have to address Nomi's fake oppression and real entitlement.
I remember that one episode on a different world when the cacs spray painted the word ****** on Dwayne Wayne's car and they had the fight so I'll give you that episode but overall I think Grown-ish covers more real topics on a weekly basis.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I remember that one episode on a different world when the cacs spray painted the word ****** on Dwayne Wayne's car and they had the fight so I'll give you that episode but overall I think Grown-ish covers more real topics on a weekly basis.
Different World dealt with
Racism
Rape
Teen pregnancy/abortion
Aids
Poverty
Apartheid
Gang violence
Domestic violence

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Daps
A Different World is MILLLESSSSS better than Grown-ish. To compare the two is ridiculous.

Having said that, Grown-ish has its own lane. The only thing is that all the side characters are MUCH better and more interesting than Zoey is
Do you think the Cosby Show is better than Black-ish?