𝙂𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙙𝙖 | Sofia Vergara - The life of Griselda Blanco

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
This shyt was underwhelming…feels like they just put some shyt together

I was saying I don’t like how scary and how timid they made her like she wasnt already a boss and cold blooded killer before she went to Miami

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing is these shows lean way too into American values, compare something like Gomorra to all these narco shows.

We like our stories safe and comfortable, with a good guy and a bad guy, and a worse guy. Woman, whatever. That's why all these shows depicting essentially Mexican and Latin stories come off so cheesy and fake, and edgeless

they insert American values into worlds that don't really share them. The idea of a Griselda where she she is one in a million mastermind queenpin, rather then one of a dozens and dozens of Colombians who ran wild in Miami in the 1980's, and two where she is squeamish about murders, that's laughable. She was known to be recklessly violent, and not follow the rules of Miami, and instead she was playing by Colombian rules, broad daylight executions.

and yes reframing all these stories of women queenpins as some kind of feminist narrative is also laughable. You can tell a woman's story without making it a story for "all women".

and all it ends up being like a Blow lite, which as good as it was, suffers from those same kind of storytelling conventions.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Makeup chopped her face up for this role and Wardrobe can't decide if her titties are gonna be huge or not.

RAW

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this. Where the fukk is Charles? Why they change the story around & making time jumps.this was mid
Last 4 episodes could've been centered around this. Could've played out key moments that was only mentioned in passing.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I feel like with her as the lead this shyt can't be good.

Am I wrong?
She does her thing you ve seen her do on Modern Family where ppl react to her and talks loud and possessed. There is no big introspective. The whole started out as a telenovela gone wrong.

Her husband didn't respect her and in a fit of rage, she kills him. She come to America and it's insulted daily by the miami gangsters, it may have been a revenue issue. But it seems they are insulted having to do business with a woman. That just makes her mader and madder.

Im watch the two episodes. She looks harder but I would say she looks ugly. I enjoyed it, but I'm sure the remaining six episodes is about the tragedy.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
This was okay. I'd give it a B-
The birthday episode tho holy shyt :russ:
51cefcbb-d808-4fd1-bfa3-1c37ca16f3ca_text.gif