Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Is this game suitable for someone whos not a car nerd but just appreciates nice cars and good graphics?

I already know id get bodied online but I just remember GT2 career mode being like crack back in the days
Yes and no. Tuning is a major component of the game as you’ll find cars with their stock settings to be lacking by every metric so you’re going to have to learn a bit if you’re going to want a powerful and fun car (RE: suspension, transmission and differential). The game is forgiving to assist you but yes, the player base is competitive (even toxic at times)

The story mode is relegated to a small section dealing “menu books” that provide some of the history behind various manufacturers and progression through this is locked behind completing various races (access to other parts of the game are unlocked as you progress further through the menu books). After you complete a specific manufacturer (say, Ferrari) the game lets you draw a card out of three where each card is a car from that manufacturer.

i think the game is more user friendly than games of the past with the various driving assists and descriptions on how parts work available to you.

Based on you’re comment, if you’re cool with just playing against AI, you’re going to be fine. There was a recent patch that addressed an issue with the economy being complete shyt leaving many to think that PD was trying to push people towards MTX. Now you can be swimming in millions with a little bit of grinding. If you want to access any multiplayer elements, then be prepared to lose a few races and learn from them.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Is this game suitable for someone whos not a car nerd but just appreciates nice cars and good graphics?

I already know id get bodied online but I just remember GT2 career mode being like crack back in the days

I used to be really into cars when i was a teenager. I had a Type R Integra and a Mach 1 Mustang that I put a lot of money into. I dont really keep up with it anymore and don’t really care about driving in general, that much, i got a boring ass car now.

I kinda like this game because i feel like the highlight a lot of cars i knew about growing up rather than the newest stuff on the road. Also the challenges and races are overall just fun and it feels good to play especially with the dualsense. I was kinda nervous initially about this game cause i remember it being more hardcore then it actually is. I’ve been having a lot of fun with it

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
It’s a good ass game that’s why. Now that you can actually make money without spending real cash is dope too.

:francis: I spent real cash.

I wasn’t starting out with some fwd pos and I’m glad I didn’t. I chose an Fc rx7 for a starter car and quickly realized how important downforce is this time around, as I spun out on an oval track.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Those Circuit Experience Gold times for the Nordschleife are... ambitious. :patrice:

Had a quick bash at the first sector last night - I consider myself pretty good at the Nordschleife... spent hours there on any game that has it and have driven it myself a couple of times - apparently I've still gotta find about 0.3s somewhere! :sadcam:

Edit: Sector 1 was a bytch, but breezed through 2-7... 8 takes a bit of finessing, I'm 0.010 off... best bit of the track IMHO - glad it's got a stiff requirement... you KNOW when you get this bit right and it feels so damn good.

Last edited:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Bruh this final race in the story mode is ridiculously difficult, Im on the 5th of 5 races and in the previous 4 I was able to get top 5 3 times and top 10 once. On this final race I cannot get within the top 15:dwillhuh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I’m on vacation and couldn’t bring my console :beli:

Watching the 787B in action. Can’t wait for Hagerty to drop it. Tired of racing against it in the game :mjcry: