Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I have PC 1 and 2…downloaded both games earlier today onto the PS5 coincidentally but I’d bought them a while back :yes:
I didn't play PC1 a lot, but PC2 doesn't really hold your hand. There's no real progression system other than moving between car classes in the career. It'll be a culture shock going from GT to PC. There's inconsistencies between how the cars behave sometimes. Not sure if it's the default setups or what, but some cars are just nightmares on some tracks. And tire temperature is hugely important.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Wonder about myself too cause how the fukk people got gold on most of them :wtf:

No, you cant switch cars for license challenges
Remember: the quickest way through most corners is to flatten it out as much as possible. You want the widest possible attack angle so you can cut through he corner as straight as possible and get onto the throttle as quick as possible.

And being fast is more about how quickly you can get on the gas than it is how late you can brake.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Was literally a couple seconds from winning a race, I could see the cac waving the flag at the finish. Then someone bumped me at the last min and I spun out of control and ended up finishing 7th

We need a Forza rewind feature in this b1tch

:mjgrin:
:wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don’t have any assistance on other than countersteering (weak) but I’ll try turning it off…I think most of problems lie in not attacking corners better…getting silver is easy ultimately but gold for some of the license requirements is hard af
You gotta break early and in a straight line, halfway through the turn you should be hitting the throttle. That's how the demonstration ghost is able to gain massive speed out of every corner.

You can also offset the ghost by 0.2 seconds.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You gotta break early and in a straight line, halfway through the turn you should be hitting the throttle. That's how the demonstration ghost is able to gain massive speed out of every corner.

You can also offset the ghost by 0.2 seconds.

I’m gonna start looking at the demonstration and “race” against the ghost…I know “racing” against my previous ghosts is helpful

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…in the meantime maybe PS5 will get 1440p support (*fingers crossed*)

OT but it turns out the 1440p monitor I have downgrades 4k to 1440p quality…I thought I’d be forced to play the game at 1080…thankfully that’s not the case

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I’m gonna start looking at the demonstration and “race” against the ghost…I know “racing” against my previous ghosts is helpful
Also note that sometimes braking and hitting the throttle hurts your time in turns. It can benefit you to just lightly tap the brakes and coast through a turn and floor it once you have your straight line set up.

On turns that lead into long straights the exit speed is more important than the entry speed.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have PC1 and 2…downloaded both games earlier today onto the PS5 coincidentally but I’d bought them a while back :yes: I’ll jump into PC1 whenever I finish this game

I didn't play PC1 a lot, but PC2 doesn't really hold your hand. There's no real progression system other than moving between car classes in the career. It'll be a culture shock going from GT to PC. There's inconsistencies between how the cars behave sometimes. Not sure if it's the default setups or what, but some cars are just nightmares on some tracks. And tire temperature is hugely important.

man I’m pissed that neither of these games are working with my wheel/wheelbase…I just wanted to try it out quickly…the fanatec website claims they are compatible but my shyt is not being recognized at all…looks like a good game too…I refuse to play it with a controller tho…this fukking sucks smh

*edit*

my last hope is to try updating the firmware

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
put my back and arms into sweating it out and going gold for IB-3 :banderas:

this isn’t the proper technique but for the turns on this particular track I downshift in the middle of the turn after braking…you’re usually supposed to do it before or after a turn but I wasn’t getting my best times that way

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
put my back and arms into sweating it out and going gold for IB-3 :banderas:

this isn’t the proper technique but for the turns on this particular track I downshift in the middle of the turn after braking…you’re usually supposed to do it before or after a turn but I wasn’t getting my best times that way
Sometimes you have to downshift mid corner to get the car to rotate a bit more. You might have been carrying too much speed into the turn.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
damn they even made off-road racing a fun learning experience :leon:
The rally tests were bugged after 1.06 where you would get comfort soft tires instead of dirt tires so getting gold was damn near impossible.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
think I’m gonna fukk around and go all gold for this international B license…got gold on the first 6 so far…if I succeed then I gotta revisit the other stages and turn some of those silvers to gold :yes:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
think I’m gonna fukk around and go all gold for this international B license…got gold on the first 6 so far…if I succeed then I gotta revisit the other stages and turn some of those silvers to gold :yes:

spoke too soon…IB-7 is tough…got silver but I’m have to pull off a miracle to go gold