Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
god I missed this game. :wow:

hard to believe folks got gold for some of these licenses…pushing myself to the max to get silver for some of them

question—but at some point can you switch cars when trying to acquire gold for these licenses
No. The licenses must be completed with the cars that are provided. I do recommend adjusting the assistance and TCS settings to help you out though. Sometimes the driving line helps, sometimes countersteering needs to be turned off, etc.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can someone tell me how to claim the free credits? I want the 911

just go to the cafe and claim your gift…you should see the red exclamation point or w/e that alerts you to it

*edit*

my bad not the cafe…the garage…and you’ll see a red #1

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. The licenses must be completed with the cars that are provided. I do recommend adjusting the assistance and TCS settings to help you out though. Sometimes the driving line helps, sometimes countersteering needs to be turned off, etc.

I don’t have any assistance on other than countersteering (weak) but I’ll try turning it off…I think most of problems lie in not attacking corners better…getting silver is easy ultimately but gold for some of the license requirements is hard af

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
god I missed this game. :wow:

hard to believe folks got gold for some of these licenses…pushing myself to the max to get silver for some of them

question—but at some point can you switch cars when trying to acquire gold for these licenses

Wonder about myself too cause how the fukk people got gold on most of them :wtf:

No, you cant switch cars for license challenges

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I don’t have any assistance on other than countersteering (weak) but I’ll try turning it off…I think most of problems lie in not attacking corners better…getting silver is easy ultimately but gold for some of the license requirements is hard af

Nothing makes me rage harder than being .001 short of passing gold :fire:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
let me know what test you’re doing so l can give you tips

The majority of tests I did without countersteering but s-10 needed it since that Porsche handles like it’s on ice

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Wonder about myself too cause how the fukk people got gold on most of them :wtf:

No, you cant switch cars for license challenges
Practice breh. I watched YouTube guides and also the demonstration to see how fast I needed to be coming out of turns, gauging the time I needed to be at at certain segments of the track to know if I’m ahead or behind or even use the demonstration ghost at a 0-0.3s lead to try to emulate and catch up with. Since the ghost is usually like seconds ahead of gold it gives you a slight margin of error to still get gold.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
What makes it more annoying too @papa surf is that even the driving line and breaking zone assistance can sabotage your lap time. There’s quite a few tracks where the breaking zone tells you to break when you need to go full throttle (s-4 & s-7 are two examples) plus there’s times where the driving line in/out of a turn is not optimal so it’s just a matter of getting a feel for the car and the track through trial and error.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What makes it more annoying too @papa surf is that even the driving line and breaking zone assistance can sabotage your lap time. There’s quite a few tracks where the breaking zone tells you to break when you need to go full throttle (s-4 & s-7 are two examples) plus there’s times where the driving line in/out of a turn is not optimal so it’s just a matter of getting a feel for the car and the track through trial and error.
In these types of games you have to commit to learning the track. The driving lines quickly become a hindrance.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In these types of games you have to commit to learning the track. The driving lines quickly become a hindrance.

it’s a gift and a curse…helps tremendously at times…useless at others…but ya ultimately you have to feel the track out for yourself

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Was literally a couple seconds from winning a race, I could see the cac waving the flag at the finish. Then someone bumped me at the last min and I spun out of control and ended up finishing 7th

We need a Forza rewind feature in this b1tch

:mjgrin:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
WTC 600 was kicking my ass this morning. Managed to tune down my BMW M3 and get a 2nd place trophy

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
it’s a gift and a curse…helps tremendously at times…useless at others…but ya ultimately you have to feel the track out for yourself
The way these games are set up does people a disservice. Most events are 2-5 laps where you start at the back and have to push to the front. That encourages bad driving just to get the win. Also, as iconic as the GT fictional tracks are, they don't really feel anything like a real race circuit, so it's harder to apply general knowledge from other tracks to get up to speed. I think the only games that nailed both of those were the Project CARS games (1 and 2, not 3). Race distances could be scaled and their fictional tracks were based on a real world counterpart that they weren't able to get the license for.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The way these games are set up does people a disservice. Most events are 2-5 laps where you start at the back and have to push to the front. That encourages bad driving just to get the win. Also, as iconic as the GT fictional tracks are, they don't really feel anything like a real race circuit, so it's harder to apply general knowledge from other tracks to get up to speed. I think the only games that nailed both of those were the Project CARS games (1 and 2, not 3). Race distances could be scaled and their fictional tracks were based on a real world counterpart that they weren't able to get the license for.

I have PC1 and 2…downloaded both games earlier today onto the PS5 coincidentally but I’d bought them a while back :yes: I’ll jump into PC1 whenever I finish this game