Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Canon

Veteran
Daps
This whole 'MTX issue', like most issues reported about Sony games, is wildly exaggerated and misrepresented lol.
I don't think the goal of this game is to get every single car

that's why they have special limited edition cars and what not. there always gonna be offering something new which will give players variety In how they play the game whole mastering there favorite cars.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You don’t”need” every one.

But when the content you already purchased is locked behind more money, then I think that’s unfair.
I think you can get most of the cars just playing the game but there's a few 4 million credit cars that would take alot of grinding to buy without spending money. The amount of cars is also misleading, 425 plus cars but alot of that number is just different variants of the same car.

The game is setup around micro transactions but not in the way people are saying. The problem isn't that you gotta spend money to acquire all the cars, it's the fact that they only make a handful of cars available for sale for a certain amount of time. So if you just happen to log in a see a car you've been waiting to go on sale, you might not have enough time to grind the credits before the car is gone for who knows how long. You might be tempted to pay for credits.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
seems “universally” accepted that FM6 was the best out of the 3 on xbox last gen (5-7)…I’m jumping back into FM5 cuz GT7 scratched that sim itch…one thing I really like about GT7 tho is acquiring the licenses…they’re legit teaching you how to race…I don’t recall that in FM5 granted I barely started it so maybe they do once you get more into the game

Absolutely. I'm glad I scooped up FM6 right before they delisted. It scratches the itch, but it's kind of repetitive until the Showcases open up. GT modes historically have been built around a mix of conventional cups and Showcase style events, but Forza makes them much more optional.

About licenses, I completely agree. I played GT4 in PCSX2 emulator for the licenses to learn the basics of racing. They pay off with building fundamentals. Forza will give you rewind and a million assists, which is cool and all for those who don't wanna get simulated, but you don't get anything to teach you how to race.

The only other things I miss are the more convetnial vehicles. But GT always had the path buttoned down so well. Licenses breaking into faster cars is one of the best building tools to get someone into more sim angled racing. Building the garage as you go. Forza is super guided in comparison.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
This whole 'MTX issue', like most issues reported about Sony games, is wildly exaggerated and misrepresented lol.

I'm copying this verbatim from an admin on resetera. This sounds bad.

To put this into context, they’ve just added a car to the Legends dealership that costs 18.5 million credits. It’s in there for a limited time (five cars remain in the dealership until ‘sold out’ - they have limited stock shared amongst all players worldwide - at which point they’re replaced with a different Legendary car).

The generally agreed upon fastest way to earn money at the moment is a ~4 minute race that, if repeated, gets you around 800k an hour.

So, to buy this limited time available Maclaren for 18.5 million you’d be grinding out the best-case race for 23 hours non-stop. Or, if you’re running out of time and don’t think you'll get chance to repeat one race over and over for 23 hours before the car ‘sells out’, you can simply drop $200 on topping up your virtual currency to buy it now!

Superb.

Ok, to add to the example, consider this…

The hard cap for in-game credits is 20 million. You cannot save more than 20 million. So if you do indeed miss this limited time 18.5 million car (because, you’re right, the game is new and most won’t have that much money) but then manage to save up you won’t be able to spend 90% of your credits while you wait for it to come round again. You’ll have to essentially sit on a full wallet in case it pops back up for a week, at which point you’ll be expected to empty out almost your entire savings for the one car.

Not to worry though, there’s no cap on how much real money currency you can buy.

Ignoring for a moment any ‘anti-consumer’ claims or issues with spending real money that people might have… it’s just a deeply unsatisfying system. As a fan, it feels bad. Why is there a cap on how much I can save? Especially when there are single cars that match that cap? It’s like it’s designed to make sure you’ll never quite have enough saved and have to either grind out races fast while the car is still available (and why are they limited time items?!) or, more realistically, buy some credits in a panic.

In many ways, they F2P'd this game. Sad thing is, most fun I've had with one in a while, didn't have to be this way

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

In many ways, they F2P'd this game. Sad thing is, most fun I've had with one in a while, didn't have to be this way

ya this is very nasty if true…and to implement these changes after folks bought the game smh :scusthov:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This game is incredibly fun. I just bought it yesterday and heard about the nerfed payouts... I'm not thrilled about it but so far I've been just completing menu items and get occasionally lucky with tickets so I have about 500k saved and avoid buying any cars, just spending on parts.

Scapes mode with the custom decals you can download from the internet is also incredibly fun to mess around with.

Great game at the core, hopefully they fix the payouts

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

You don't see the problem with your quoted example? The legendary car shop is full of vanity cars, none of those cars are actually competitive in online racing, let alone have any real utility in the game. You're only ever going to acquire those cars for collecting purposes. A rotating shop is definitely anti-consumer, but nothing we haven't seen before. And those cars can be acquired in the daily roulette too. I just checked it and I already had the C2 Corvette in the shop and I never purchased a car from that shop.

If you actually play the game, you would know that a competitive Gr.3/Gr.4 car is only 350-450k. And the cafe campaign, driving school, missions, daily roulette, etc, all give you tons of free cars and credits. If you fully mod the ZL1 you get from the campaign, you'll crush 95% of the content in the game, due to how you can take it to +900hp.

Matter of fact, the most OP car in the game is only 1 million, and you'll easily make that money doing the campaign (I personally had over 3m when I finished the cafe campaign):

Let's be real here. There's a very legitimate and fundamental issue here that is being exaggerated by console warriors and bad faith. That issue is: cars should not cost more in real world money, than they did in the previous game. But no one is talking about why this is the case, while also conveniently leaving out the numerous ways the game hands out free cars and credits to you (I have gotten a few Gr. 3, Gr. 4 and Gr.X cars from the daily workout roulette). This is all entirely optional too, and not pay to win at all.

The reason why cars are more expensive now, is that instead of purchasing them directly for $2-$5, you need to buy credits to then purchase cars. The reason for this is because customization and maintenance is back in GT7, and credits can also be used to customize, modify or maintain your car.

People complaining about always online/DRM are full of shyt too. The last GT game, GT Sport, was always online too. The reason for this is because GT is a competitive game, and they're looking to mitigate against hackers / cheaters to keep the game competitive. Everyone saw how hacking ruined the competitive space in Warzone / COD.

Again, there's a real issue here but its being wildly exaggerated and misrepresented. As for pay outs being adjusted in single player races, there was a race which people were abusing that gave you 97k every 3 minutes. You tell me if that's reasonable or not lol. And no one is mentioning how they increased the payouts in one of the tournaments lol.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You don't see the problem with your quoted example? The legendary car shop is full of vanity cars, none of those cars are actually competitive in online racing, let alone have any real utility in the game. You're only ever going to acquire those cars for collecting purposes. A rotating shop is definitely anti-consumer, but nothing we haven't seen before. And those cars can be acquired in the daily roulette too. I just checked it and I already had the C2 Corvette in the shop and I never purchased a car from that shop.

If you actually play the game, you would know that a competitive Gr.3/Gr.4 car is only 350-450k. And the cafe campaign, driving school, missions, daily roulette, etc, all give you tons of free cars and credits. If you fully mod the ZL1 you get from the campaign, you'll crush 95% of the content in the game, due to how you can take it to +900hp.

Matter of fact, the most OP car in the game is only 1 million, and you'll easily make that money doing the campaign (I personally had over 3m when I finished the cafe campaign):

Let's be real here. There's a very legitimate and fundamental issue here that is being exaggerated by console warriors and bad faith. That issue is: cars should not cost more in real world money, than they did in the previous game. But no one is talking about why this is the case, while also conveniently leaving out the numerous ways the game hands out free cars and credits to you (I have gotten a few Gr. 3, Gr. 4 and Gr.X cars from the daily workout roulette). This is all entirely optional too, and not pay to win at all.

The reason why cars are more expensive now, is that instead of purchasing them directly for $2-$5, you need to buy credits to then purchase cars. The reason for this is because customization and maintenance is back in GT7, and credits can also be used to customize, modify or maintain your car.

People complaining about always online/DRM are full of shyt too. The last GT game, GT Sport, was always online too. The reason for this is because GT is a competitive game, and they're looking to mitigate against hackers / cheaters to keep the game competitive. Everyone saw how hacking ruined the competitive space in Warzone / COD.

Again, there's a real issue here but its being wildly exaggerated and misrepresented. As for pay outs being adjusted in single player races, there was a race people were abusing that gave you 97k every 3 minutes. You tell me if that's reasonable or not lol.

Exactly, that’s what I’m saying. The gaming community can be spoiled babies sometimes. It’s like people get more joy from bytching and nitpicking the issues these games have than enjoying the good that they offer.

It’s either the game is an all time great or it gets picked apart to the point it seems like it’s a terrible game. I see this too much with games now, like people are mad they can’t just buy all the cars in a GT game,
They are complaining you have to grind to afford good cars
And they are mad that the game gives you an out invade you don’t want to grind?

Yes always online sucks, yes micro transactions suck but these are small baby issues being blown out of proportion by people. Who suck at the game imo.

This is GT. You are supposed to only focus on the cars you like and them tune them to be monsters. If you want a game that gives you all the cars for minimal effort then go play forza

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Exactly, that’s what I’m saying. The gaming community can be spoiled babies sometimes. It’s like people get more joy from bytching and nitpicking the issues these games have than enjoying the good that they offer.

It’s either the game is an all time great or it gets picked apart to the point it seems like it’s a terrible game. I see this too much with games now, like people are mad they can’t just buy all the cars in a GT game,
They are complaining you have to grind to afford good cars
And they are mad that the game gives you an out invade you don’t want to grind?

Yes always online sucks, yes micro transactions suck but these are small baby issues being blown out of proportion by people. Who suck at the game imo.

This is GT. You are supposed to only focus on the cars you like and them tune them to be monsters. If you want a game that gives you all the cars for minimal effort then go play forza

at this point im expecting a new narrative whenever Sony drops. they tried to say Horizon had issues and that was complete exaggeration too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It got an 9 from Edge @breakfuss

Beyond its technical excellence, then, Gran Truism 7 feels deeply, idiosyncratically personal in a way first party games rarely do. It is strange and sometimes restrictive, resolutely uncool, and in its earnest celebration of car culture, occasionally even a little overbearing. But this is a racing sim with real soul, realised with genuine passion and no little eccentricity. Twenty five years on, Gran Turismo has never felt more vital.'

Last edited: