Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
a game from over a decade ago than current gen racing games. yeesh, worse than I thought then.

If it's just Forza, FM6 is the great one of the generation. FM7 is Batman and Robin status. Tweeting about switching to FM7 is like vacationing in Cleveland. Just makes no sense when there's so much better out there.

I'd happily take GT4 over FM7, any time.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it's just Forza, FM6 is the great one of the generation. FM7 is Batman and Robin status. Tweeting about switching to FM7 is like vacationing in Cleveland. Just makes no sense when there's so much better out there.

I'd happily take GT4 over FM7, any time.

seems “universally” accepted that FM6 was the best out of the 3 on xbox last gen (5-7)…I’m jumping back into FM5 cuz GT7 scratched that sim itch…one thing I really like about GT7 tho is acquiring the licenses…they’re legit teaching you how to race…I don’t recall that in FM5 granted I barely started it so maybe they do once you get more into the game

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
seems “universally” accepted that FM6 was the best out of the 3 on xbox last gen (5-7)…I’m jumping back into FM5 cuz GT7 scratched that sim itch…one thing I really like about GT7 tho is acquiring the licenses…they’re legit teaching you how to race…I don’t recall that in FM5 granted I barely started it so maybe they do once you get more into the game
That's one of the big things Gran Turismo has always had over Forza. Gran Turismo tries (forces) you to learn some sort of racing technique. Forza puts you in a car and walks away. Very rarely do non arcade racing games try to make actual racers out of people. That's where the niche titles shyt the bed in on attracting larger audiences. They target people balls deep in sim racing and the learning curve and mind reset is big when coming from a Forza Horizon or a Need for Speed. Actually, NFS Pro Street and the two Shift titles could have set EA up to be a multiplatform sim giant due to name recognition but they dropped the ball.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's one of the big things Gran Turismo has always had over Forza. Gran Turismo tries (forces) you to learn some sort of racing technique. Forza puts you in a car and walks away. Very rarely do non arcade racing games try to make actual racers out of people. That's where the niche titles shyt the bed in on attracting larger audiences. They target people balls deep in sim racing and the learning curve and mind reset is big when coming from a Forza Horizon or a Need for Speed. Actually, NFS Pro Street and the two Shift titles could have set EA up to be a multiplatform sim giant due to name recognition but they dropped the ball.

ya I want to get assetto corsa competizione for PS5 at some point but from what I’ve seen, I don’t feel like I’m ready for that game as yet…I wanna play thru GT sport and 7 first before making my way to that game

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Naw somebody did the math. There’s 400 cars.

You can only earn/buy about 100 of them through the single player campaign.

After that it’s all online races and events to get the rest.

The economy is clearly built in a way to extract more money out of people.

It’s basically structured like a $70 FTP game:francis:
:yeshrug:this aint pokemon

do I need every single car?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:What a bunch of crybabies. I can’t speak on the update but I got plenty of money by just playing the game and they throw cars at you left and right.

they just wanna hate the king

This whole 'MTX issue', like most issues reported about Sony games, is wildly exaggerated and misrepresented lol.