Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I'm really excited for this weekly challenge thing. Pretty decent payout, and will break up the monotony of grind sessions.

I got black out last night and still golded the National B Master license. Woke up and did the same for Natl A. Haven't come across any nearly as hard as that Mercedes one at Nurburgring... but I'm sure they're coming.

Snow tracks feel exactly like dirt ones imo.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah, snow feels just like dirt but somehow I prefer it... might just be the visual in VR - it looks dope at night.

Agree about challenges - they were a bit easy, but mixes up the grind a bit.

Only done the first couple of new license tests so far - the gold thresholds seemed a bit stiffer than the original ones but maybe I was just having a bad night :lupe:

No VR improvement is definitely a bit of a disappointment. Competed in a 20 lap league race round Maggiore on Saturday and had absolutely zero idea what anyone else was doing apart from people within sight by the end... it's not enough to make me put down the VR but it IS really annoying not even to know the split to the next car or when people are pitting if you can't physically see them go in.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Yeah, snow feels just like dirt but somehow I prefer it... might just be the visual in VR - it looks dope at night.

Agree about challenges - they were a bit easy, but mixes up the grind a bit.

Only done the first couple of new license tests so far - the gold thresholds seemed a bit stiffer than the original ones but maybe I was just having a bad night :lupe:

No VR improvement is definitely a bit of a disappointment. Competed in a 20 lap league race round Maggiore on Saturday and had absolutely zero idea what anyone else was doing apart from people within sight by the end... it's not enough to make me put down the VR but it IS really annoying not even to know the split to the next car or when people are pitting if you can't physically see them go in.

My biggest complaint with VR is the lack of ability to adjust the view for each cockpit. For some cars you're placed right on top of the wheel, and you have to basically look behind you to see a side mirror. Makes no sense lol. Luckily, someone discovered that you can manually adjust it by looking down while holding Options button, but it still annoying to do.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to get the right monitor to see the difference. Ive been stuck trying to get the a class license at the 9th course. I keep getting silver when im trying to get gold

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
My biggest complaint with VR is the lack of ability to adjust the view for each cockpit. For some cars you're placed right on top of the wheel, and you have to basically look behind you to see a side mirror. Makes no sense lol. Luckily, someone discovered that you can manually adjust it by looking down while holding Options button, but it still annoying to do.

Yeah, the sweet spot is a bit different for each car... the Genesis X is perfect, I can just hit go when I'm sat comfortably, but there aren't many like that.

For the 911 GR3 I use a lot it always puts me too low down (looking directly into the steering wheel rather than over it), so I make sure I'm sitting lower in my seat when it puts me into VR view, then when I sit up I'm in the right position. Some car I was using last week was the opposite and I was nearly killing myself raising myself up on my hands before each race so I could drop lower once it started :pachaha:

It's annoying as shyt, but I've got pretty used to it now... curse myself so bad when I forget to adjust at the right moment and have to do a race feeling like I'm a toddler that stole his Dad's car.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I skipped through some of SuperGT's playthrough last night and as soon as I saw the final test was Senna's McLaren around Suzuka I cleared all my Saturday plans. :whew:

Just a shame there won't be a Prost I can run off into the sand at T1.

The final test was the only one that gave me any type of trouble. It took well over 300 miles before I got gold. Eventually conceded and put TCS on 1... just too hard to get the throttle right on controller.

My advice: slow and steady through the S section after turn 1, and abuse the apexes on the final chicane.

One thing that made me feel better was watching Jimmy Broadbent struggle just as much as I did.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
The final test was the only one that gave me any type of trouble. It took well over 300 miles before I got gold. Eventually conceded and put TCS on 1... just too hard to get the throttle right on controller.

My advice: slow and steady through the S section after turn 1, and abuse the apexes on the final chicane.

One thing that made me feel better was watching Jimmy Broadbent struggle just as much as I did.
Hah, yeah I watched a little bit of Jimmy - definitely made me feel better about spending WAY TOO LONG on one of the early cornering tests