Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I've noticed something very strange now that I've started online play.

I've done a few 'A' Daily Races, which said DR/SR wouldn't be affected. After 10 or so, I've won about half, got 9 podiums and see that now I've gone from E/B to D/A. Despite EXCLUSIVELY doing daily race A.... how does that happen?

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I've noticed something very strange now that I've started online play.

I've done a few 'A' Daily Races, which said DR/SR wouldn't be affected. After 10 or so, I've won about half, got 9 podiums and see that now I've gone from E/B to D/A. Despite EXCLUSIVELY doing daily race A.... how does that happen?

Not entirely sure but I do know that if you don't play for a while your DR starts to drop - maybe only competing in unranked races does the same?

Some easy DR in Race B this week if you can avoid chaos - I finally lost my A+ last week but I'm nearly back over the line again tonight thanks to people wrecking themselves all over that race. :pachaha:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Not entirely sure but I do know that if you don't play for a while your DR starts to drop - maybe only competing in unranked races does the same?

Some easy DR in Race B this week if you can avoid chaos - I finally lost my A+ last week but I'm nearly back over the line again tonight thanks to people wrecking themselves all over that race. :pachaha:

Well, I've only gone up from E to D, and from B to A. Makes no sense, really, but oh well.

True, I've noticed that people are very wreckless ... Especially those in the bottom half of the field. If you can manage to keep it on the track, you're practically guaranteed a win. I'm assuming that's only true for DRs in the E's and D's but my experience has been that drivers constantly miss braking points, go off track or spin, giving me the few seconds needed to breeze past.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Okay after asking around, apparently after you complete 5 races, your rank always will go from E to D. Then you start collecting points.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I still really enjoy this game and play a few races every time I fire up the PS5. Randomly buying a used car and building it up and painting it fun as fukk.

I've given up on the racecars because the payouts are too trash, but aside from some mild fomo with unlockable cars, this game remains a lot of fun

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Okay after asking around, apparently after you complete 5 races, your rank always will go from E to D. Then you start collecting points.

That makes sense.

I can't remember being lower than a B so it must have put me through D and C pretty easily too. Just stay outta trouble and I'll be seeing you in a Lobby soon :salute:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I still really enjoy this game and play a few races every time I fire up the PS5. Randomly buying a used car and building it up and painting it fun as fukk.

I've given up on the racecars because the payouts are too trash, but aside from some mild fomo with unlockable cars, this game remains a lot of fun

Yeah, I'm at the point where I'll either do a grind race @ Tokyo for an ez 825k credits, or do a couple online races until I get the daily marathon bonus.

Occasionally I'll earn enough to cop a car in the legendary shop, but some are 20 million so fukk that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
is anyone else on here having trouble finishing the S-license trial at laguna seca? that shyt has been giving me hell since I bought this game. I can't get my S-license :sadcam:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is anyone else on here having trouble finishing the S-license trial at laguna seca? that shyt has been giving me hell since I bought this game. I can't get my S-license :sadcam:

I need to go back and play this game. Haven't played this game for a long time.

No, haven't tried the S-License trail at Laguna Seca...

Are you playing in VR or on the screen?

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I need to go back and play this game. Haven't played this game for a long time.

No, haven't tried the S-License trail at Laguna Seca...

Are you playing in VR or on the screen?

Licenses are hell, but doable. Keep grinding and you'll get it.

I've golded all licenses, missions, and circuit experiences except for Nurburing, which has like 20 sections so... i'm really in no rush to do it.

Trying my hand at the championships on sport mode, and first race managed to come in 2nd after a disaster of a qualifying session had me starting 14th. As long as you keep it on track, you are guaranteed a podium, because everyone outside the top 3 are terrible at DR level D. I lost a bit of focus at the end, just barely getting two tyres off track, and the game hit me with a full second penalty, which solidified my runner up position.

One thing I didn't realize was the higher your DR, the more points you're able to get in these races. It was still cool to see that my 12 points placed me in the top 20 in North Carolina.