Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Suzuka in Super Formula cars is sick on the daily races this week. Lower lobbies must be absolute carnage but I've seen some genuinely CLEAN racing over the last few nights. Dunno what got into everyone :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
:mjtf: I can’t even come close to beating intermediate Sophy on Alsace. Guess I need to learn how to drift because they are hitting each corner perfectly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gran Turismo 7 is getting 120hz + VRR support, new layouts, physics improvements and 5 cars on March 30th + Super Formula 2023 cars coming in April

Physics changes:

Machine translation but it's easy to see what they mean:

- 5 new cars (already announced)
- Nurburgring Endurance layouts
- A few new events
- 2 new extra menus
- Adjusted times for Missions, Licenses and Circuit Experiences to reflect the physics changes
- 120hz + VRR support (It's unclear, but I'm guessing it won't be a 120FPS mode and just unlocked performance for the regular mode)

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Gran Turismo 7 is getting 120hz + VRR support, new layouts, physics improvements and 5 cars on March 30th + Super Formula 2023 cars coming in April

Physics changes:

Machine translation but it's easy to see what they mean:

- 5 new cars (already announced)
- Nurburgring Endurance layouts
- A few new events
- 2 new extra menus
- Adjusted times for Missions, Licenses and Circuit Experiences to reflect the physics changes
- 120hz + VRR support (It's unclear, but I'm guessing it won't be a 120FPS mode and just unlocked performance for the regular mode)

The physics stuff is a big deal, and they're also improving Dual Sense feedback.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

• Framerate Mode at 120hz / VRR OFF - 1260p and pretty much locked 120FPS
  • Resolution Mode at 120hz / VRR OFF - 1440p and also 120FPS for a majority of the time, but can have more drops
  • Framerate Mode at 120hz / VRR ON - 1440p, same performance as Resolution Mode with VRR OFF
  • Resolution Mode at 120hz / VRR ON - 2160p 70-120FPS, mostly in the 80-90 range when in races
  • VRR has to be turned on/off from the PS5 settings menu, no option in-game
  • Outside of resolution the modes all retain the same settings, except for grass draw distance which is slighly lower on Framerate Mode
  • GT7 antialiasing doesn't do the best job with lower resolutions

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I think I might be on a come-up - usually get bumped up to DR A because of a Daily Race on a favourite circuit and end up going straight back down again the week after.

Got pushed up to A last week - figured I was just picking up Nurburgring Sprint quicker than others and I'd drop off... but it's a week later, I've won a Daily Race against As around Spa, competitive in others and I've just got third in a Nation's Cup race around Grand Valley Highway surrounded by As.

I don't know if it's the PSVR2 or what (I have been playing a LOT because it's so fun :pachaha: so could just be minutes) but something has me driving better.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I think I might be on a come-up - usually get bumped up to DR A because of a Daily Race on a favourite circuit and end up going straight back down again the week after.

Got pushed up to A last week - figured I was just picking up Nurburgring Sprint quicker than others and I'd drop off... but it's a week later, I've won a Daily Race against As around Spa, competitive in others and I've just got third in a Nation's Cup race around Grand Valley Highway surrounded by As.

I don't know if it's the PSVR2 or what (I have been playing a LOT because it's so fun :pachaha: so could just be minutes) but something has me driving better.

I'm pretty sure it's making me faster too. I managed to gold all the licenses/missions, and I've gone back to try some circuit experiences that were giving me problems. Gold after a few warm ups now. :yeshrug:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

• Framerate Mode at 120hz / VRR OFF - 1260p and pretty much locked 120FPS
  • Resolution Mode at 120hz / VRR OFF - 1440p and also 120FPS for a majority of the time, but can have more drops
  • Framerate Mode at 120hz / VRR ON - 1440p, same performance as Resolution Mode with VRR OFF
  • Resolution Mode at 120hz / VRR ON - 2160p 70-120FPS, mostly in the 80-90 range when in races
  • VRR has to be turned on/off from the PS5 settings menu, no option in-game
  • Outside of resolution the modes all retain the same settings, except for grass draw distance which is slighly lower on Framerate Mode
  • GT7 antialiasing doesn't do the best job with lower resolutions

PS5 Pro will take those stats and bump them up marginally.
I said at the start of this gen that 4K 120p with ray tracing was NOT going to be the standard out here and a few people wanted to argue that it would be.
We're STILL struggling to see 4K 120p.
None of this matters THAT much to me. Those stats are more for the digital foundry nerds with the cyberpunk augmented eyeballs.
I've been very pleased with 4K 60p and feel that should be the bare minimum for all games.
I'd rather the extra horse power go to more interactive environments in our games instead of chasing the carrot of ray tracing and 120 fps.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
PS5 Pro will take those stats and bump them up marginally.
I said at the start of this gen that 4K 120p with ray tracing was NOT going to be the standard out here and a few people wanted to argue that it would be.
We're STILL struggling to see 4K 120p.
None of this matters THAT much to me. Those stats are more for the digital foundry nerds with the cyberpunk augmented eyeballs.
I've been very pleased with 4K 60p and feel that should be the bare minimum for all games.
I'd rather the extra horse power go to more interactive environments in our games instead of chasing the carrot of ray tracing and 120 fps.

Thats why im pro-pro consoles :yeshrug: