Gran Turismo 7 + VR2 | PS4/PS5 | 3/4/2022

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

It's the quality of the games that will make or break PlayStation VR2 - and launch titles supplied in the review period did not quite convince. Gran Turismo 7 was made available to journalists and public alike at the headset's launch - and it's a game-changer. In this video, John breaks down how good the VR upgrade is, and how Sony achieved it, with head-to-head comparisons with the standard 'flat' version of the game.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Thank god for GT7. With all the VR racing games out, this is still talked about like the flagship one.

PSVR is going to be as big as DEVS make it. They have the ability to make these games high quality. But if all they gonna do is port quest games, they aren’t going anywhere.

But I have faith in them. At least Sony games will be off the chain

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Thank god for GT7. With all the VR racing games out, this is still talked about like the flagship one.

PSVR is going to be as big as DEVS make it. They have the ability to make these games high quality. But if all they gonna do is port quest games, they aren’t going anywhere.

But I have faith in them. At least Sony games will be off the chain

its true
right now its only horizon and gran turismo 7
everything else i can get the same experience on my quest

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Crazy. Just a week or so ago I was saying how I never really cared for this series.
Maybe I was young and caught up in Need For Speed Underground to appreciate it back then...or maybe the game did just suck.
In any case, I've really been enjoying GT7 for short gaming sessions.
It's built in a way that I can hop on for 30 minutes and do several races without feeling like 30 minutes wasn't enough time to do anything meaningful.
It's fun enough to play for hours or minutes at a time. I still can't stand the menu system...but the fun of the races outweighs that gripe by far.
I'm excited to try it out in VR. I'd like to get a steering wheel for it but in the past, I haven't been able to get a stable enough place to put the steering wheel. I'm not about to build out a full rig around a steering wheel so realistically it would be on some sort of small fold out coffee table deal from walmart and at that point, the wheel would be nudging the table making it awkward...flying games on the other hand are more doable in that way. Is there an Ace Combat game coming out for PSVR2?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crazy. Just a week or so ago I was saying how I never really cared for this series.
Maybe I was young and caught up in Need For Speed Underground to appreciate it back then...or maybe the game did just suck.
In any case, I've really been enjoying GT7 for short gaming sessions.
It's built in a way that I can hop on for 30 minutes and do several races without feeling like 30 minutes wasn't enough time to do anything meaningful.
It's fun enough to play for hours or minutes at a time. I still can't stand the menu system...but the fun of the races outweighs that gripe by far.
I'm excited to try it out in VR. I'd like to get a steering wheel for it but in the past, I haven't been able to get a stable enough place to put the steering wheel. I'm not about to build out a full rig around a steering wheel so realistically it would be on some sort of small fold out coffee table deal from walmart and at that point, the wheel would be nudging the table making it awkward...flying games on the other hand are more doable in that way. Is there an Ace Combat game coming out for PSVR2?

Ace combat 7 was on PSVR so it might get an upgrade or AC8 might launch with it

Project Wingman is also releasing on PSVR2, has very high ratings on Steam

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
My Sport Mode driver rating is creeping up - once I got used to everything, I'm definitely faster and so much better at racing cleanly. Just being able to properly see the extents of your car in proper perspective makes such a difference.

Been driving my own car on the Nordschleife with zero on screen display stuff so it's just like being on a tourist day. Got it round in just under 8 mins last night. Did a run today to show my girlfriend what I'll try to drive like when we go for real - more like 8.40 and pretty fukking clean.

I love this thing so much.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
My Sport Mode driver rating is creeping up - once I got used to everything, I'm definitely faster and so much better at racing cleanly. Just being able to properly see the extents of your car in proper perspective makes such a difference.

Been driving my own car on the Nordschleife with zero on screen display stuff so it's just like being on a tourist day. Got it round in just under 8 mins last night. Did a run today to show my girlfriend what I'll try to drive like when we go for real - more like 8.40 and pretty fukking clean.

I love this thing so much.

Alright, you guys convinced me. Should be receiving my own headset by end of day Tuesday :mjgrin:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
gran turismo 7 is a great game just playing the regular way. I'm really enjoying it after copping it on sale about a month ago.

from what I've seen of it on PSVR2, the immersion looks next level amazing. VR is not something I'm interested in, but this game itself seems to be a system seller for the headset.