GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Senate agrees to 3wk CR; CHIP funded for 6yrs; Feb8 showdown over DACA

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
nope, im glad the democrats protected DACA

oh wait :mjlol: no im fukkin not
I’m telling y’all, when you start picking and choosing civil/social things that you want to support based on how it directly affects you, with no regard how it affects a large group of other folks, you start getting more and more excluding in your personal ideals/policies, until you just don’t give a fukk about anything outside your bubble. These are citizens who came here when they were little fukking kids, and being told, go back where you came from, even though you have never really have been where you came from. I get that you and so many other people can’t put yourselves in that mind frame to care, and might never care, but these are, for all intents and purposes, American citizens being ripped from the only life 5hey know and being told to kick rocks. Have you no shame?

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
I’m telling y’all, when you start picking and choosing civil/social things that you want to support based on how it directly affects you, with no regard how it affects a large group of other folks, you start getting more and more excluding in your personal ideals/policies, until you just don’t give a fukk about anything outside your bubble. These are citizens who came here when they were little fukking kids, and being told, go back where you came from, even though you have never really have been where you came from. I get that you and so many other people can’t put yourselves in that mind frame to care, and might never care, but these are, for all intents and purposes, American citizens being ripped from the only life 5hey know and being told to kick rocks. Have you no shame?

@the cac mamba position on DACA is same as the alt-right and white supremacists.

Even your average Republican support a deal on DACA.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
There are many issues that are worth a government shutdown .

DACA ain't one of them.

That ain't my fight.
100% correct but the shutdown isn't over DACA...

It's all about positioning for November and the Dems just scored massive points...

Rethugs currently control the WH and both legislative branches yet still allowed the government to be shutdown...

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dont have a problem with daca recipients, dont support shutting the gov down over them. im not sorry for that

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
dont have a problem with daca recipients, dont support shutting the gov down over them. im not sorry for that
Saying this means, pretty much, you don’t give a fukk if they stay or go. That sounds harsh, but it’s the truth. Dems have tried to negotiate, in good faith, as the minority party, 4 times, and Trump/GOP has kicked it down the road every time. The protections run out in 2 months, they are currently being sent back every day, and this right here is the ONLY negotiation strongpoint that the Dems have to protect them. Midterms are too late, protections run out by then. I know, it is inconvenient to have a govt shutdown, but 1 or 2 weeks of inconvenience is a pretty good trade off for these folks lives as they know them.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
the shutdown is not over DACA though
That is important, too. The shutdown is due to Trump/Repubs not being able to govern, bottom line. There are enough red state Dems that this should have been a lay up. Trump has fukked up turtle sooo fukking bad, at every turn. DACA and CHIP should have been done months ago. This is like your high school group final, you got 4 extensions, the paper is due tomorrow, everybody else did thier part, you decide you can bullshyt your way through it (Trump), you have exhausted all of your excuses, cried wolf too many times, your group partners refuse to do your part of the assignment, all you know is that your graduation party is tomorrow and if this assignment is not handed in, you don’t graduate. fukk it, summer school it is.
Trump will not only give in to DACA and CHIP, but will also take the majority blame for this shutdown no matter what, and the repubs are gonna pay for being so complicit at midterms, and you can’t tell me nothing

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Did the GOP once help Obama in the 8 years he was in office? So why should the Dems help a President who has no agenda and knows nothing and don’t have any positions on anything and who routinely lies? Get the fukk out of here :camby:
Because adults prefer their elected officials to behave like adults and not children. Tit for tat does nothing for the US government in moving it forward

Last edited:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
It's not whether you have a problem with them or not. It's whether you care about their lives or not. Obviously, you don't. I don't agree with a government shutdown but I support the move of temporarily causing inconveniences to protect thousands of people who's lives depend on it. This had to happen now because those people have limited time before they are completely displace They are being sent to countries they don't know and having to start completely over... In some cases, they are sent to dangerous countries that they are strangers to. That is not right

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Because adults prefer their elected to behave like adults and not children. Tit for tat does nothing for the US government in moving it forward
At the same time, moving forward with this govt with no concessions On the things that the majority of it’s citizen support, and trusting that the R’s and fukkface will come to the table in good faith when they have cried wolf 4 times already is not the solution, either. Something had to break, so it could get addressed.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
At the same time, moving forward with this govt with no concessions On the things that the majority of it’s citizen support, and trusting that the R’s and fukkface will come to the table in good faith when they have cried wolf 4 times already is not the solution, either. Something had to break, so it could get addressed.
Of course, I agree with you. I think the Dems have played their part as the "grown-up party" while the Repubs have continued to be the same chaos party they were under Obama