GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Senate agrees to 3wk CR; CHIP funded for 6yrs; Feb8 showdown over DACA

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
fukk both parties on GP really, but we all know whos at fault...:beli: don't be obtuse...
GOP are at fault for following Dumb Donald off a cliff once again. This was all his plan, if you didn't realize. Rescind DACA out of nowhere and then dangle restoring it as leverage to build the wall and the other white nationalist measures they're pushing for to try to change the inevitable demographic shift of the country. Repubs know once the white population drops below the 65% range they'll never win another national election, so all this is basically their last hurrah to try to stop/delay that, or just destroy the country in the process. They had a bipartisan bill on his desk days ago, you'll recall. Trump thought he could bully a few more white nationalist measures in there so he refused to sign that bill, offered no guidance to even his own party, and they had no backup plan. And here we are.

So GOP trusted Twitter Stalin that this con would work. It's the type of "deals" he's been making all his life. Come out the gate with something super outlandish, then reverse course and tease something you know the other side would really like (remember the amicable "we have to do DACA first" meeting last week? All for show), then flip again. This is supposed to make the side you're negotiating with anxious and more likely to accept a future deal, and by the time you reach a "compromise" both sides will feel like there was a good back and forth but in actuality you'll have given up much less. shytty salesman tactics 101. Works great on marks and simpletons (type that were convinced to vote for Trump)

Glad the Dems didn't go for it. Mexico paying for the wall, same idea btw.

Last edited:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
I swear that the biggest problem in our country is congress as a collective whole.

Voting party lines is what is fukking up the country... happens way to much...

People on the left blame the Republicans because they control the House, Senate, and White House, but people are also ignorant and can't comprehend simple math that you need 60 votes to pass in the Senate and there are 51 Republicans

People on the right blame the Democrats because they are "unwilling" to comply with their demands...

Both sides wanted a shutdown so they can blame each other
The truth is that both are equally responsible and should forfeit their salaries for a year when a shutdown happens... they don't care, they still get paid regardless :manny:

I swear to god we need term limits on these fukking leeches... all of them!

*pause rant*

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I swear that the biggest problem in our country is congress as a collective whole.

People on the left blame the Republicans because they control the House, Senate, and White House, but people are also ignorant and can't comprehend simple math that you need 60 votes to pass in the Senate and there are 51 Republicans

People on the right blame the Democrats because they are "unwilling" to comply with their demands...

The truth is that both are equally responsible and should forfeit their salaries for a year when a shutdown happens... they don't care, they still get paid regardless :manny:

*pause rant*
Breh, Republicans kinda escalated this hyperpartisan bullshyt we are seeing now. both Parties can’t even work on simple legislation.They cockblocked obama like crazy.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen anyone square up in congress :ohhh: Them muthafukkas insult each other on national tv and talk shyt about each other To other congress members. Paul Ryan and Matt gaetz would’ve got a two piece by now if I was in the house:demonic:

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Breh, Republicans kinda escalated this hyperpartisan bullshyt we are seeing now. both Parties can’t even work on simple legislation.They cockblocked obama like crazy.

I’m surprised we haven’t seen anyone square up in congress :ohhh: Them muthafukkas insult each other on national tv and talk shyt about each other To other congress members. Paul Ryan and Matt gaetz would’ve got a two piece by now if I was in the house:demonic:

I swear to god I would be swinging on everyone if I was in congress...

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

*pause rant*
:beli: both sides, you guys

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang

*pause rant*

Maybe I am oversimplifying here buts Its gerrymandering.

Gerrymandering voting districts, its like u are artificially creating a voting base to keep incumbents in at the local representative level and in the house of representstives.

I have never seen something thst has been so divisive in creating and preserving political polarization and political tribalism. What gerrymandering does is create a climate in which elected political representatives only speak to their base and refuse to compromise

The Citizens United Decision also put this into hyper drive by pumping millions into this artificially created political polarization through partisan propaganda advertisement.

In Vieth v. Jubelirer, the u.s. supreme court (the conservative wing with kennedy) ruled that the constitution provided no guidance for the court to guide the congress regarding gerrymandering questions. They said its a non justiciable issue.

The gave congress free reign to continue partisan resdistricting.

Anything short of a law or amendment guiding redistricting, this is going to continue.

The better question is how one will redistrict fairly. I have no idea. Its an inherently flawed concept.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

*pause rant*

:ehh: term limits indeed....don't know how it's possible or how many would vote for that though