GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: Senate agrees to 3wk CR; CHIP funded for 6yrs; Feb8 showdown over DACA

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Right Wing Republicans and Trump Are flip flopping.

They want to protect the dreamers one day then the next use chip as leverage to get rid of it.
They didn’t care about funding CHIP prior to this if we remember correctly.
Campaigning on providing a wall then offered a bipartisan agreement with your impossible wall then doesn’t accept

Democrats seem to have them in a corner. You republicans said you care about it so put up or shut up.

Last edited:

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The point about just needing 51 votes is funny cuz we've seen this same threshold get talked about all throughout last year and now suddenly they need 60 and no one says shyt.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I kind of get this, but at the same time I think people have some moral responsibility to try to keep horrible people out of office.

If, say, Hitler was running vs a generic politician that you don't care that much for, I can't advocate staying home unless you really think the other person is just as bad.
I didn't stay home...I just didn't vote Hitler. I voted the third guy while telling people "hey... That's Hitler vote anyone but him"

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Democrats will not face the blame of this, if they counter attacks well.

This is the consequence of being constantly antagonistic. Trump, due to lack of goodwill, will suffer the brunt of any criticism because people simply don't like him outside of his minority of hardcore supporters.

Democrats should remember this.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Mans called Haiti and other African nations shytholes and said he only wanted people from white countries (that have a higher standard of living than ours) and you got these confused ass c00ns still tap dancing to the anti immigration songs that the GOP is playing

KILL YOURSELVES
:hhh: @ the idea that’s ones stance on issues should depend in any way on the character and/or motives of other supporters.
#lowerlearning

By this logic if nazis supported single payer you’d be against single payer...
Completely fallacious.

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Chuck wanted to make a deal with Trump. How ever, he said he was told to make a deal with Turtle face.

But turtle face said to Chuck to make a deal with Orange face.

What the hell do the GOP want??:mindblown:
To play silly games with people's lives and trying to sell the country on a tax plan in which the billionaires will benefit from that plan and everybody else will end up suffering because of that plan, especially black folks.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I didn't stay home...I just didn't vote Hitler. I voted the third guy while telling people "hey... That's Hitler vote anyone but him"

Yeah but then you end up with a situation where Hitler wins because the non-Hitler vote was split. :francis:

I get that the two-party system sucks but in some situations you have to be pragmatic. Look at what happened in 2000. If Ralph Nader voters in Florida had voted for Gore instead, then Bush would've never been president and there probably would never have been a war in Iraq, and many people who are dead would probably still be alive.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Yeah but then you end up with a situation where Hitler wins because the non-Hitler vote was split. :francis:

I get that the two-party system sucks but in some situations you have to be pragmatic. Look at what happened in 2000. If Ralph Nader voters in Florida had voted for Gore instead, then Bush would've never been president and there probably would never have been a war in Iraq, and many people who are dead would probably still be alive.
Gore and Bush were practically the same though, gotta vote your conscious :troll:

Daps
Nah, the problem is Republicans. Could have passed CHIP separately, chose to keep health care funding from kids to try and attach it to this CR and get it forced through. Canceled DACA with the argument that they wanted a legislative fix, then shut down any possible legislative fixes.

This "both sides" shyt is either from knowing trolls or the very, very stupid.