Gov. to send the National Guard to help secure NYC subways

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It’s an election year.

There's a problem when a person can get arrested 17 times and be released. We can't blame this on republicans either, because democrats control NYS politics with an iron first.
And this is the problem

The Republican Party has become so batshyt crazy that there ARE no adults in the room, at least not in NY.

Just a bunch of performative charlatans who are constantly trying to convince the working and middle class that the reason they're not rich is because of rich people until of course those working class and middle class lift themselves above their current stations....then...uh oh! Surprise! You're the problem now and you should be punished!

GOP - You broke because of YOU... and the government

DEMS - You're broke because of rich people and we're in this together UNTIL you get paid, then you're the problem too... unless if course, you break us off a piece via donations or taxation.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It's not, I'm on the trains everyday.

And ANOTHER MTA conductor was assaulted after Hochul made her announcement

And someone got stabbed in Bronx last night.

Just like @tremonthustler1 said, they need to be put in the outer boroughs because that's where majority of the f*ckery is happening at
They should and hopefully they will. I have a feeling that the same woman/organization quoted in op article as being opposed to the deployment will issue a statement about "over policing of minority neighborhoods".
While many of the residents and commuters will welcome the additional security.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
It's not, I'm on the trains everyday.

And ANOTHER MTA conductor was assaulted after Hochul made her announcement

And someone got stabbed in Bronx last night.

Just like @tremonthustler1 said, they need to be put in the outer boroughs because that's where majority of the f*ckery is happening at
I get it but once again this isn't anything groundbreaking that calls for the deployment of the NG. I have several family members working for the MTA so they keep me looped in with the daily fukkery that goes on. Those incidents u cited from the BX is just the BX being the BX unfortunately. Failure to recognize the timing of this announcement aligning with the ramp-up of congestion pricing is naive. This is the same bullshyt Trump was touting when suggesting the NG should be sent to Chicago. While it looks good at a surface level, it isn't going to solve the problem.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
It’s an election year.

There's a problem when a person can get arrested 17 times and be released. We can't blame this on republicans either, because democrats control NYS politics with an iron first.
This is the root of the issue that deploying the NG will not fix. It used to be if you were caught with a ratchet, you were looking at close to 3 years. Nowadays u released asap.

Last edited:

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Im not in NY but is it mostly repeated offenders doing the crime on the subway? Or mentally ill?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The crime issue in the Subway while problematic isn’t this bad to warrant this and overall crime definitely isn’t.
I feel like this is some right leaning ideology. That crime in NYC is bad because it's a liberal city when we have some of the lowest crime of any big city

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Im not in NY but is it mostly repeated offenders doing the crime on the subway? Or mentally ill?
A lot of the people that get arrested in the subway have multiple priors, active warrants or both.

In fact, it actually boggles my mind when people with warrants hop the turnstile.

You are literally giving the police a reason to stop you and once you resist, oh look at this, wanted for assault or on the run for some previous charge.

Daps
*breathes the ganja smoke in deep*

See what y'all sheeple don't realize and recognize

Is that we're seeing a dry run for the coming Trump Autocracy.

If the most liberal city in the world is welcoming troops to "keep them safe"...

2 weeks later everyone is gonna have barcodes on their foreheads and sent out into the fields...

It was foretold

7142832.jpg
I mean.....this does feel like a media/LE push to make America seem like a catastrophic failure and that the only way to "save" us is with Law & Order and Our Dear Leader Drumpf.

Notice how we talking about everything BUT a former president with 91 felony counts to his name. If this was Clinton or Obama....that would be the only story 24/7 nonstop.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I mean.....this does feel like a media/LE push to make America seem like a catastrophic failure and that the only way to "save" us is with Law & Order and Our Dear Leader Drumpf.

Notice how we talking about everything BUT a former president with 91 felony counts to his name. If this was Clinton or Obama....that would be the only story 24/7 nonstop.

I'm only halfway joking.

In DC, a relative handful of youth is kicking up major dust with murders, car jackings, and ransacking CVSs. I'm very much surprised that something hasn't been don here.

I remember them boys out in force at Waterfront. I wouldn't be surprised if "crime emergencies" calls for soldiers in the biggest cities.

Where do most Dems live again?

hmmmm

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Ehh..

I remember the 'random' bag checks that the NYPD was doing at stations after London got bombed

They couldn't keep it up. I think TSA stepped in at one point

The line was slow in Soundview (Bronx) off all places. I just walked to the next stop 🙄