Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown, sets Aug. 7 release from prison

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its amazing what the power of social media and celebrity can accomplish.
:mjlol:

I'm not a supporter simply because she's not Innocent. However I am okay with her sentence being commuted. 57 yrs was too long.
agreed

it was an overcharge, especially given her age. but from what i read, she was guilty as fukk :dead: she murdered the dude to rob him and shot him in the head

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
So i assume she got locked up because (on paper that is) she couldnt initially prove she killed dude under self defense?

I say this because prostitutes and pimps robbing tricks and the trick getting killed is a thing.

Im not saying this is the case here, Im just trying to understand the case.
...and because this is a reality and is a possibility for this case, I don't know what the celebration is all about
a pedo got killed by a prostitute and went to prison, what the problem is?

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
a black women getting free on a murder charge is the only time these nikkas wanna be on some "we need to see from both sides" shyt

and I say nikkas as in "brehs" here.

that's what the general story they stated was...:dwillhuh: Why the fukk does people never read the general story during the trial themselves then come on the coli asking US was we there on some smart ass remark:dahell: Was you there nikka???

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
...and because this is a reality and is a possibility for this case, I don't know what the celebration is all about
a pedo got killed by a prostitute and went to prison, what the problem is?

Im too ignorant to speak on what is what with the story but most of the responses seem to have nothing to do with what it appears she was locked up for. Stuff like this is why black folks continue to get screwed by the law because we clearly lack knowledge of what is used to get us caught up.

We think we on trail for one thing but get cound guilty of something else. In a case of proving murder vs it being self defense, the court of law will argue her being under age and a prostitute is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
that's what the general story they stated was...:dwillhuh: Why the fukk does people never read the general story during the trial themselves then come on the coli asking US was we there on some smart ass remark:dahell: Was you there nikka???
That’s obviously her side of the story you stupid motherfukker. I was wondering why you were relaying it as if it were fact. If the prosecution felt like her version was true then she wouldn’t have been charged. With overly emotional bytchass.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
All I ask for is; where did you get all that information from?

Even the stuff about "Cut Throat" was never proven.

I watched the documentary and read tons of articles on her. These are things she said, I guess what she says doesn’t count? Why?

All I’m asking is why do you want her to serve a life sentence? You’re acting like she just went to jail shes been in there for 15 years and will be on parole until like 2030.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That’s obviously her side of the story you stupid motherfukker. I was wondering why you were relaying it as if it were fact. If the prosecution felt like her version was true then she wouldn’t have been charged. With overly emotional bytchass.

SHE WAS STILL CHARGED WITH MURDER YOU fukkING SPECIAL OLYMPICS GOLD MEDAL RETARD.... :scustnasty1:

You acting like the prosecutors was gonna just let her go since she's a minor plus a minority and she killed a white john???
:mjlol: That only happens to white victims of sex trafficking... you keep forgetting she's a minor... what part of that do YOU not understand...:camby:

So your telling the coli it's ok for minors to be pimped out and trafficked in the wake of R.Kelly Allegations???:sitdown: Your cool with that???:jbhmm:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I watched the documentary and read tons of articles on her. These are things she said, I guess what she says doesn’t count? Why?

All I’m asking is why do you want her to serve a life sentence? You’re acting like she just went to jail shes been in there for 15 years and will be on parole until like 2030.
My very first words in this thread is "It's cool."

My position just on the criminal justice system is her sentence was what it was prolly because Christian Tennessee saw she was a prostitute. Her situation should've come into consideration during the sentencing.

And no, in terms of her and her defense looking to create a case for clemency, her saying it does not matter especially when it couldn't be proven in court.

Why did she have a gun with her? Why did she leave with the man's things?

Again, I do not think she should've got life and had to wait til she was 50 something for parole.

I'm sorry, you've got to give me more than "a documentary" and "she said so" after the fact of a trial.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its amazing what the power of social media and celebrity can accomplish.
:mjlol:

I'm not a supporter simply because she's not Innocent. However I am okay with her sentence being commuted. 57 yrs was too long.
Same. She did 15 joints anyway. It's not like she's walking away scot-free. :yeshrug: Good for her, I guess.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's right and I'm right... She was a minor that was pimped out, got fed up and got tired of this trick that tried to abuse her and she found a gun and shot him in self defense... The media points out she murdered someone but doesnt point out she's a fukking minor, they trafficked minors for illegal prostitution in 3rd world countries most places wouldn't care about the pimp or john getting killed...

I bet you if she was white she'd have the sympathy from the white public calling for her release anyways...:beli:

I know she was a minor but did you read the story? The pimp was the abuser. There is no proof the trick knew that and from what I read there was no ongoing relationship with the trick. Trick may have just bought p*ssy on the wrong night. She didn't shoot him in self defense as it was proved in the trial she shot him while he was sleeping. And after she killed him she decided to rob him. She is a victim but she is also a sociopath.

The coli loves to brag about buying p*ssy. This could have been any of yall fate. I don't condone tricking or prostituting.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We releasing murderers now because of social media :yeshrug:

Not sure how I feel about this.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
SHE WAS STILL CHARGED WITH MURDER YOU fukkING SPECIAL OLYMPICS GOLD MEDAL RETARD.... :scustnasty1:

You acting like the prosecutors was gonna just let her go since she's a minor plus a minority and she killed a white john???
:mjlol: That only happens to white victims of sex trafficking... you keep forgetting she's a minor... what part of that do YOU not understand...:camby:

So your telling the coli it's ok for minors to be pimped out and trafficked in the wake of R.Kelly Allegations???:sitdown: Your cool with that???:jbhmm:
You need to count to 10 and calm your little ass down. You’ve confused yourself.

I quoted you because you posted a version of events that would seem to absolve her of any crime. You said that she killed a guy in self defense because he was abusing her. That’s not a crime. I asked how do you know that that version of the story is true because I’ve seen other posters say that she killed dude in the process of robbing him. If the version of the story you posted is true then she was wrongly convicted and should’ve gotten a full pardon and been exonerated of the charges.