Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown, sets Aug. 7 release from prison

96Blue

Superstar
Daps

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I don't know the full story, but it sounds like @Nigerianwonder is right.

He's right and I'm right... She was a minor that was pimped out, got fed up and got tired of this trick that tried to abuse her and she found a gun and shot him in self defense... The media points out she murdered someone but doesnt point out she's a fukking minor, they trafficked minors for illegal prostitution in 3rd world countries most places wouldn't care about the pimp or john getting killed...

I bet you if she was white she'd have the sympathy from the white public calling for her release anyways...:beli:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
He's right and I'm right... She was a minor that was pimped out, got fed up and got tired of this trick that tried to abuse her and she found a gun and shot him in self defense... The media points out she murdered someone but doesnt point out she's a fukking minor, they trafficked minors for illegal prostitution in 3rd world countries most places wouldn't care about the pimp or john getting killed...

I bet you if she was white she'd have the sympathy from the white public calling for her release anyways...:beli:

So i assume she got locked up because (on paper that is) she couldnt initially prove she killed dude under self defense?

I say this because prostitutes and pimps robbing tricks and the trick getting killed is a thing.

Im not saying this is the case here, Im just trying to understand the case.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So i assume she got locked up because (on paper that is) she couldnt initially prove she killed dude under self defense?

I say this because prostitutes and pimps robbing tricks and the trick getting killed is a thing.

Im not saying this is the case here, Im just trying to understand the case.

I honestly don't know all I know is that she ran away from home got caught up with some bad pimps they pimped the shyt outta her. one john was on some buffalo bill shyt, she killed him to escape and got caught. but under u.s, laws in certain areas your not supposed to put a child on trial as an adult... If she was a white female she'd be free. but hey...:beli: good thing she got clemancy because the laws never work out in certain people's favor...

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
The only people the coli hates more than white men are women. :wow:

this girl was 16 being pimped,raped, and beaten but she’s not innocent. She killed a 43 year old man that paid to have sex with her and showed her a bunch of guns before doing it and then attacked her.
Point is nobody saying she all the way innocent. The point was she did not deserve than life sentence. Yeah she killed that John but nikkas had to run in and say that shyt first and foremost before anything else.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
that's literally what she was.

It's cool and all, but, I'm not here for people continuing to make up what happened.

Her being "allegedly" a victim of sex traffic has nothing to do with her having solicited dude at Sonic's, shooting him from behind (she brought a gun with her) and making off with money and guns.

Life was harsh, though.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The system failed her many times before the night in question so I think she’s suffered enough, but the whole situation is murky.
Was the shooting victim a random John or did he know he was with a prisoner?
I think we should decriminalize sex work as this black market leads to a lot of things like this. Shorty had no business out there in the first place and the shooting victim should’ve been free to buy himself some ass off of a willing seller.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
It's about time. God is good. :blessed:

EDIT:

That does changes things quite a bit. I thought part of the story was she was attacked as well, prior to the shooting. Is that not true?
Absolutely nothing in the reporting mentions her being attacked.

Again, she was absolutely a 16 year girl. But, the idea he was reaching under a pillow or a gun is ridiculous.

She killed him in his sleep.

I'd be more sympathetic if she didn't rob him.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Not surprised by the first few comments:francis:

She was 16. She was a sex trafficking VICTIM.

VICTIM.

VICTIM!!!!!

Now, I’ll admit the way she went about this was murder. It was. But she should’ve been charged as a juvenile, sent to juvenile detention AND mandated therapy. No, she didn’t deserve life imprisonment. I’m glad she got clemency.

The only people the coli hates more than white men are women. :wow:

this girl was 16 being pimped,raped, and beaten but she’s not innocent. She killed a 43 year old man that paid to have sex with her and showed her a bunch of guns before doing it and then attacked her.

All I ask for is; where did you get all that information from?

Even the stuff about "Cut Throat" was never proven.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I honestly don't know all I know is that she ran away from home got caught up with some bad pimps they pimped the shyt outta her. one john was on some buffalo bill shyt, she killed him to escape and got caught. but under u.s, laws in certain areas your not supposed to put a child on trial as an adult... If she was a white female she'd be free. but hey...:beli: good thing she got clemancy because the laws never work out in certain people's favor...

Gotcha. Her name has pretty much been tarnished now. Wonder if they will cut a check. Im sure companies will be on her door trying to make a movie and book from this.
:francis: