Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown, sets Aug. 7 release from prison

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
She murdered a man who had nothing to do with sex with holding her against her will, a man she went on the stroll and found to get money.
this is wrong.

She will only kill again and set reform for black sentencing back, and I think that is the reason she is getting ful clemency. They know she will set the movement for prison reform and sentencing back.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I think she may have served the right amount of time as a minor and the aggravated assault/robbery/murder

51 years is very long, but for an adult it may have been more understable

If everything we read about the case is true (excluding him attacking her as it does not seem to have happened), I think 15-20 is a fair amount of time although she was getting pimped out at a young age

Edit* seems as if she wasn’t even being pimped out

I think she should have served more time if this was purely aggravated robbery

Last edited:

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Im getting tha strange feeling tht tha reason so many coli nikkas wanna see her rot for life is because they identify as tricks and see themselves in that cac pedo.:mjlol:

This must be what Tariq was talking about when he spoke of hyphenated negroes.:troll:

'That coulda been me':ohhh: 'Yea she deserves to die and i hope she burns in hell!':pacspit:

Tricks staying on trick code. :wow:

killacal

Banned
Daps
The trick was a cac so I have no mercy for him.
That being said, we filling the system up too much and I know exactly who kept pumping shorty's story back into the mainstream to get her out.
We in a tiered system and being on tier 2 has its' benefits....even though tier 1 women tell tier 2 women that tier 3 men are oppressing them, so make sure to keep feet on neck.
I'm not mad she's out. I don't advocate for anybody black being in there outside of rapist-molesters, kid murderers/abusers, and white scammers/junkies.
I will also say there are young brehs who got railroaded much worse who ended up suiciding because they're not cute girls with backing.
I suggest y'all read the case files...and the parts about her running away from the adoptive family. Something up with the whole shyt...Including this mysterious Cut-Throat character that ended up dead.
:patrice:
She wrote out an entire alias personality profile for herself and is pretty much a typical high IQ criminal judging by the case files...then again, that could be cac-valuation rearing its' head again.
:mjpls:
Most likely the case... they write all types of shyt in reports to essentially influence the judge :francis:
My homie got his crib kicked in over weed in Georgia

Police video cams showed them claiming to smell heavy crack mixing residue from the hallway :mjlol:

Just to have an excuse to go in hot and be justified after:yeshrug:

These pigs think they're a racist version of dexter :scust:fukking psychopaths :mjlol:

killacal

Banned
Daps
Im getting tha strange feeling tht tha reason so many coli nikkas wanna see her rot for life is because they identify as tricks and see themselves in that cac pedo.:mjlol:

This must be what Tariq was talking about when he spoke of hyphenated negroes.:troll:

'That coulda been me':ohhh: 'Yea she deserves to die and i hope she burns in hell!':pacspit:

Tricks staying on trick code. :wow:
Trump levels of pandering

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Gov. Bill Haslam grants full clemency to Cyntoia Brown, sets Aug. 7 release from prison
Adam Tamburin and Anita Wadhwani, Nashville TennesseanPublished 11:03 a.m. CT Jan. 7, 2019 | Updated 11:20 a.m. CT Jan. 7, 2019

Cyntoia Brown has been granted clemency by Governor Bill Haslam Michael Schwab, Nashville Tennessean

TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE
Gov. Bill Haslam ordered an early release for Cyntoia Brown, a Tennessee woman and alleged sex trafficking victim serving a life sentence in prison for killing a man when she was 16.

Haslam granted Brown a full commutation to parole on Monday. Brown will be eligible for release Aug. 7 on time served and will stay on parole for 10 years.

“Cyntoia Brown committed, by her own admission, a horrific crime at the age of 16," Haslam said in a statement. "Yet, imposing a life sentence on a juvenile that would require her to serve at least 51 years before even being eligible for parole consideration is too harsh, especially in light of the extraordinary steps Ms. Brown has taken to rebuild her life.

"Transformation should be accompanied by hope. So, I am commuting Ms. Brown’s sentence, subject to certain conditions.”

Brown will be required to participate in regular counseling sessions and to perform at least 50 hours of community service, including working with at-risk youth. She also will be required to get a job.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Cyntoia Brown appears for first clemency hearing
Fullscreen

636626899305726328-NAS-Cyntoia-clemency-hearing-422.jpg

Buy Photo

convicted of first-degree murder in 2006. She was given a life sentence. Had Haslam declined to intervene, Brown would not have been eligible for parole until she was 69.

The state parole board, which considered Brown's case earlier this year, gave the governor a split recommendation, with some recommending early release and some recommending she stay in prison.

Lawyers for Brown applauded the governor's decision.

"This is truly a joyful moment — for Cyntoia and for all of us who have worked to help her," the statement from Charles Bone and J.Houston Gordon, Brown's lead attorneys.

"The governor's decision is proof that our justice system works and it marks the beginning" of a new chapter for Cyntoia.

In recent years, celebrities have highlighted her case, fueling intense interest and a renewed legal fight to get her out of prison.

Activists, lawmakers and celebrities, including Rihanna and Kim Kardashian West, have cited Brown's case as an illustration of a broken justice system. Brown was a victim herself, they said, and didn't deserve her punishment.

Her impending release sets the stage for her to join their ranks.

During her time in prison, Brown completed her GED and got a college degree from Lipscomb University. Her allies say she hopes to apply her education by supporting social justice issues through her own nonprofit.

DOCUMENT
PAGES
TEXT

Zoom

Gov-Bill-Haslam-grants-executive-clemency-to-p1-normal.gif

Gov-Bill-Haslam-grants-executive-clemency-to-p2-normal.gif

«
Page 2 of 2
»
pixel.gif

DOCUMENT
PAGES
TEXT

Zoom

Cyntoia-Brown-Commutation-p1-normal.gif

Cyntoia-Brown-Commutation-p2-normal.gif

«
Page 1 of 2
»
pixel.gif

The Cyntoia Brown story
AUGUST 2004
Nashville real estate agent Johnny Allen is found naked with a gunshot wound to the back of his head in his Mossdale Drive home. Brown, 16, told police he picked her up at a Sonic Drive-in. Brown said she was a teen prostitute and shot Allen, 43, because she thought he was reaching for a gun under his bed.

AUGUST 2006
A jury convicts Brown of first-degree murder and robbery.

OCTOBER 2006
Brown is sentenced to life with the possibility of parole. State officials said the law dictated that she serve at least 51 years before becoming eligible for release. Prosecutors pushed for more time because of aggravated robbery and other factors in the crime.

MARCH 2011
PBS documentary "Me Facing Life: Cyntoia's Story" airs nationally, bringing new attention to Brown's case.

JUNE 2012
U.S. Supreme Court rules that mandatory life without parole sentences for juveniles violate Eighth Amendment prohibitions against cruel and unusual punishment.

NOVEMBER 2012
Defense attorneys push for new trial and introduce new evidence about Brown suffering fetal alcohol syndrome.

NOVEMBER 2017
Superstar musician Rihanna again brings attention to Brown's case with the #FREECYNTOIABROWN Instagram post.

MAY 2018
The state board of parole gives Gov. Bill Haslam a split recommendation on Brown's application for clemency.

Two members vote to recommend that the governor grant clemency, allowing for her release from prison. Two vote to recommend that Haslam deny her clemency bid, meaning she would continue to serve a life sentence. Two others recommend the governor reduce Brown's sentence so she could be released after 25 years.

The split recommendations are not binding — the governor can handle the case however he chooses.

JUNE 2018
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals hears argument on whether Brown's life sentence is constitutional. During the hearing, Brown's lawyers said state sentencing laws conflicted, making it unclear if Brown would be required to serve 51 years or life without parole. The panel of judges agreed Tennessee's sentencing laws were confusing and contradictory.

JULY 2018
Haslam receives a copy of parole board's report, which is thousands of pages long. His legal team begins its review of the case.

AUGUST 2018
The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals asks Tennessee's Supreme Court to clarify Tennessee's seemingly contradicting sentencing laws.

DECEMBER 2018
The Tennessee Supreme Court issues a unanimous decision that says defendants convicted of first-degree murder on or after July 1, 1995, and sentenced to life in prison become eligible for release after serving a minimum of 51 years in prison. Their answer will inform the deliberations at the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Haslam says his team is still considering Brown's clemency petition. He expects to announce a decision before leaving office in January.

Cyntoia Brown clemency: Gov. Bill Haslam announces decision

Be happy with bread crumbs, brehs....:francis:

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Says the c00n with the white girl as his avi

Shes not white dumbass.... second, I actually have helped kids and their families file appeals to unjust sentencing, and have gotten many kids released in the state of the Texas. You dont know what its like to see a kid truly commit to reforming his life on a crime that is minor in comparison to what she did when you read the case file, present all that they have accomplished, letters of recommendation from everyone from psychologists and his teachers, coaches and people that came into contact with him all so that kid can get thrown into prison ANYWAY by a Judge who didnt even see a person when he came into court. Thats what I live, all so I can get called a c00n by an internet activist that hasn't done shyt for anybody. Eat a dikk and die in this life and the next one.

Last edited:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
It turns out the the deceased was an army veteran who was selling real estate to make ends meet. Anyway, it appears she had ran away from home and got hooked up with a thug, and sold some ass to support him, although she denies she was ever a prostitute. So she met this 43 year-old man in a Sonic-in parking lot, who still had his whole life ahead of him too. So he wined and dined her, and took her to his place. Some where during this encounter, he gave her $150 dollars for sex. I wonder who asked for money.

It looks like she couldn't stand the thought of the deceased going back to his normal life, with a career and probably a military pension for life, after spending all that money on her. Meanwhile she had to go back to what she had to go back to. So she did what I guess most losers do when you treat them too good. Which is rob them as though they owed you something. But she went and killed this man, while he was chilling on the bed with his hands underneath his head. I'm not sure if he even got the ass. She should have been tried as an adult.

Even if this man was wrong, if you think he deserved this, something that was introduced to him probably as soon as he finished boot camp, then kill every other veteran who did this before, and let these skanks support you during war.

Last edited:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
fashion-for-50-year-old-man-2017-beautiful-cyntoia-brown-the-teen-victim-of-trafficking-who-murdered-a-man-of-fashion-for-50-year-old-man-2017-630x380.jpg

anyone see what I see in this older photo.
Here's a better one.

cyntoia-brown-the-teen-victim-of-sex-trafficking-who-murdered-a-man-together-with-terrific-hair-concept.jpg