GoT S7E4 Leak/Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I hear what you both are saying but i dunno man...plotwise for me it was just too neat of a bow tied. I mean had we been clued in earlier that the CoF had travelled to dragonstone or something like that, I could've probably have ridden with it. but i was just turned off at the fact it just appeared out of nowhere. very hollywood-esque, same way with bronn jumping to save jaime at the end of the day. just alot of hollywood clichés creeping into the show that never used to be there before.

BUT

i am open to being wrong about this and changing my mind
I hear you and I haven't watched the episode so I might find it corny too when I see it lol.

But just looking at it on paper, it feels right that there should be evidence left behind of the long night....and the place in all of westerns it seems that it would most make sense to see evidence would be in a dragonglass mine - a spot where probably the children and the first men were working overtime to arm themselves.

I do agree with you overall about cliche plot devices creeping into the show and the battles, so I def see what you're saying.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jamie is one of the top paid actors on the show and is one of the 5 "untouchable characters" - in quotes cuz that doesn't mean these five will hold hands and celebrate humanity's victory together in the last episode - in the series. you really thought THAT was where jamie dies? of course something or someone was gonna save him
:gucci: where did I say I thought that was where Jaime was gonna die? i don't need you to explain the dynamics of the show, i've been watching it as long as you and nothing in the post you quoted relates to it...i just had a problem with how he got out of that situation...bronn jumping bodyguard style to save him at the last second was clichéd and hollywood as hell

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The cave scene was cool. And it was needed. It was important for Jon to demonstrate how minuscule this "Game of Thrones" thing is when they have a threat more important on the horizon that will send them all straight to hell if they don't start thinking together instead of apart.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:gucci: where did I say I thought that was where Jaime was gonna die? i don't need you to explain the dynamics of the show, i've been watching it as long as you and nothing in the post you quoted relates to it...i just had a problem with how he got out of that situation...bronn jumping bodyguard style to save him at the last second was clichéd and hollywood as hell
i feel like everything they could've done would've been cliche tho, him escaping that situation (hell, him being in that situation - playing hero 1 on 1 with a dragon :what:) is cliche in and of itself...so i guess that's why i'm not having an issue with it :manny:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
One thing that the Lannisters fukked up with, they showed their hands too quickly. Now everyone knows about their huge arrow shooters, it won't come as a surprise.

Should have waited till they could line up about 10 of them bytches and hit them by surprise. Now they can just plan on it being there

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i feel like everything they could've done would've been cliche tho, him escaping that situation (hell, him being in that situation - playing hero 1 on 1 with a dragon :what:) is cliche in and of itself...so i guess that's why i'm not having an issue with it :manny:
:ehh: i guess...maybe its just different expectations I have of the situations is where the disconnect is between us cos like you said, you felt the CoF cave thing fell within GoT lore storytelling whereas I didn't cos i thought the way it happened was too hollywood...and you bought up a valid point that you can nitpick everything out of that scene and see it as being 'cliché' but I felt Jaime going rambo and doing the 1 on 1 with Drogon fell within Jaime's personality of what Id expect him to do...so I guess we should just agree to disagree on what worked and what didn't :manny: basically you like the cave scene for a reason that's different to why I hate it

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that the Lannisters fukked up with, they showed their hands too quickly. Now everyone knows about their huge arrow shooters, it won't come as a surprise.

Should have waited till they could line up about 10 of them bytches and hit them by surprise. Now they can just plan on it being there
well if a dragon is flying at you out of the blue and is lighting up your whole crew and bodying them with the quickness...would you just be like "nah nah the feng suey isn't right...fucc it, we'll bring out the dragon killing machine another time when we got our weight up propa :jawalrus:" ? :dahell: lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
:ehh: i guess...maybe its just different expectations I have of the situations is where the disconnect is between us cos like you said, you felt the CoF cave thing fell within GoT lore storytelling whereas I didn't cos i thought the way it happened was too hollywood...and you bought up a valid point that you can nitpick everything out of that scene and see it as being 'cliché' but I felt Jaime going rambo and doing the 1 on 1 with Drogon fell within Jaime's personality of what Id expect him to do...so I guess we should just agree to disagree on what worked and what didn't :manny: basically you like the cave scene for a reason that's different to why I hate it
yea, i'm honestly just rolling with shyt now. they decided they only wanted 13 episodes for the last two seasons so nuanced scenes and conversations are out, we're traveling at warp speed, and a whole bunch of convenient/"hollywood" events/actions are gonna take place. i really think a full 20 episodes or even a season 9 would allow the show to continue to be more complex, but it is what it is so now im just interested in seeing what the end result is.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps

Jamie and them would have all died if dude didn't shoot it down (almost died anyway being dumb), so there was really no choice in the matter at that point

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
well if a dragon is flying at you out of the blue and is lighting up your whole crew and bodying them with the quickness...would you just be like "nah nah the feng suey isn't right...fucc it, we'll bring out the dragon killing machine another time when we got our weight up propa :jawalrus:" ? :dahell: lol
:mjlol:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea, i'm honestly just rolling with shyt now. they decided they only wanted 13 episodes for the last two seasons so nuanced scenes and conversations are out, we're traveling at warp speed, and a whole bunch of convenient/"hollywood" events/actions are gonna take place. i really think a full 20 episodes or even a season 9 would allow the show to continue to be more complex, but it is what it is so now im just interested in seeing what the end result is.
i feel you 100% on not having a problem with the speed and time travelling in the show. I'm so tired of not knowing how this story ends idgaf anymore :russ: