Google Stadia (Official Thread)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I tried the demo for Immortals Fenyx Rising and I was surprised. My only concern is how invested is Google on this? They abandon things way too easily. If could get a guarantee that they'll support it for at least 5 years(from today), I would go all in on it.

Same here , i think maybe because its not attached to any major hardware (outside of the stadia controls) it might stick around for a while even if they decide to abandon it to a certain extent

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:ohhh: just played this for a few minutes, it dope, does it have any online TDM type of modes? or is a story modeo only?
Its has team based pvp with the following modes:

• Clash: basically team deathmatch

• Control: a form of territories, where the more zones you have control of, the more points your team earns for every kill you get (ie, does your team have 2 zones captured? 1 kill = 2 points towards your teams score. 1 zone captured? 1 kill = just 1 point).

• Surpemacy: dead players drop ‘crests’ which you can pick up for points. Teammates also drop crests, and picking them up is denying the enemy team a chance to earn that point. For you CoD players out there, it’s Kill Confirmed.

• Countdown: one team is on offense, the other on defense. The team on offense tries to take control of one area and plant a bomb, while the defensive team tries to stop them. After every round, teams switch sides & roles (offense/defense). You don’t continuously respawn in this gametype, it’s akin to elimination...dead teammates can be revived, but your team has a limited number of collective revives that can be used. This resets each round.
Source: hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/6y87ux/ultimate_beginners_guide_to_destiny_2_pvp/

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i was in bed last night playing this shyt on my tablet

Cyberpunk 2077 shines on next-gen consoles and Stadia, but older hardware struggles

It may be hard to believe, but the Google Stadia version of Cyberpunk 2077 may be the best way to play for most players right now. Unless you have a 20 or 30 Series Nvidia GPU or comparable AMD card or you were lucky enough to get a PS5 or Xbox Series X / S, this game will not be performing anywhere close to how it was designed to. That means going the cloud gaming route is a surprisingly viable option if you’re concerned about performance and you also want the added benefits Stadia provides, like playing across multiple devices and not having to download the game or any subsequent updates to get right to playing.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just joined the club...curious to see how it runs cyberpunk even tho I have it for PS5...I bought the cyberpunk deal which is supposed to come with the $100 kit for free...so I can look at it as buying the game twice or buying the kit for only $60 plus I get the pro subscription free for a month I believe :ehh:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i havent played it but i heard cyberpunk has been running smoothly on stadia?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i havent played it but i heard cyberpunk has been running smoothly on stadia?

ya...after some poking around it seems to run better on stadia than on PS5...and definitely better than the last gen shyt...it’s arguable whether it runs better than the XSX...some have said the XSX runs better...some said stadia wins it...some have said they run about the same

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Just tried out the free trial for Stadia. It runs like Netflix for gaming. It's impressive. Never played PUBG or Sniper Elite tried them both. Graphics were decent, a little fuzzy but no input lag.

This blows my mind. It eliminates the need for hardware and storage space. I'm just wondering if GamePass Ultimate can offer the same experience.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Just tried out the free trial for Stadia. It runs like Netflix for gaming. It's impressive. Never played PUBG or Sniper Elite tried them both. Graphics were decent, a little fuzzy but no input lag.

This blows my mind. It eliminates the need for hardware and storage space. I'm just wondering if GamePass Ultimate can offer the same experience.
I dont understand game pass...all that content and streaming not even available for either of ms own platforms. they still got us housekeeping eating up disk space

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I dont understand game pass...all that content and streaming not even available for either of ms own platforms. they still got us housekeeping eating up disk space
MS is working on XCloud which is going to be their streaming platform. I believe the goal is to integrate that with Gamepass which if they can do will be game changing. Stadia is nice but they need the titles and hopefully a subscription based model.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Game pass gets some good games though.
A lot of games I wouldn't buy but would like to try such as GreedFall, Starbound, SteamFrost, Two-Point Hospital. I've been playing the shyt out of Fallout 76. Plus cross play with older gens/PC

The storage does suck, but Game Pass is a really good deal.