Google Stadia (Official Thread)

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
its like ps plus with a smaller library. free sub games, pro only discounts. tho i dont think its needed to play MP
Ok so there really isn't a reason to buy Pro then? PS Plus wasn't worth it imo but you needed it to play online.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Ok so there really isn't a reason to buy Pro then? PS Plus wasn't worth it imo but you needed it to play online.
i think you need pro to enable 4k and surround sound too. i could be thinking about another service.
if you dont care about that and the "free" games, nah i guess not

personally its my fav platform atm. it cost me less than $200 to get it up on every screen i use

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
here we go
Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base.

Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base

We now know about two distinct Google Stadia pricing plans: Stadia Pro and Stadia Base. But what are the differences between these two packages, and which one will offer the best gaming experience for you and your gaming needs?

Google Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base
We’ve known about the Google Stadia Pro pricing package for a while now, ever since the Stadia Connect event at the start of June, but we’ve now been given more information regarding the Stadia Base package as well. But in the battle of Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base, which is better for your gaming needs?

Stadia Pro Features
The Google Stadia Pro is the only premium pricing package for Google Stadia that we currently know about, and will be charged at a rate of $9.99 per month. The Stadia Pro pricing plan will give users the opportunity to play games in up to ultra high, 4K definition and with an impressive 5.1 surround sound.

Google Stadia players who purchase the Stadia Pro subscription will get the opportunity to access free to play games and titles every month, with the first being Destiny 2. In addition to this, Stadia Pro users will also get the chance to take advantage of exclusive discounts and promotional offers in the Google Stadia store.

Stadia Base Features
The Stadia Base package is the standard, no-subscription-required package offered to new Google Stadia users. Stadia Base will be completely free to use and will not require any monthly fees, and will enable its users to stream high definition games in up to 1080p, at 60FPS. The Stadia Base package will offer full stereo sound.

Unfortunately, Stadia Base users will not get the enjoy exclusive freebies and promotional offers that Pro users will, however, games can still be purchased as desired from the Stadia store.

Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base
There are a number of similarities and differences between the Stadia Pro and Stadia Base pricing packages.

Similarities Between Stadia Pro And Stadia Base
  • 60FPS Gameplay
  • Access to the Google Stadia Store
  • High quality game streaming services
Differences Between Stadia Pro And Stadia Base
  • Stadia Pro to be released in 2019 with the Google Stadia Founder’s Edition; Stadia Base offered with the main Google Stadia software release in 2020
  • Stadia Pro games available in up to ultra high 4K definition; Stadia Base games only offered up to 1080p
  • Stadia Pro offers its users with free games every month, and a number of promotional offers; Stadia base does not provide users with freebies or discounts
  • Stadia Pro features gameplay with full surround sound; Stadia Base games use high quality stereo sound

• Stadia Base is offered for free; Stadia Pro costs $9.99 per month
Which Is Right For Me: Stadia Pro VS Stadia Base
When it comes to deciding on whether the Google Stadia Pro or Google Stadia Base package is right for you, there are a number of factors that you should consider before making your choice.

When Do You Want To Play On Google Stadia?
If you want to play Google Stadia games sooner, then the Stadia Pro package—available through the preorder of the Google Stadia Founder’s Edition—is the best one for you. The Google Stadia Base package, by contrast, won’t be made available until 2020.

Your Internet Speeds And
Data Allowances?

If you have limited data allowances or internet speeds, then the Stadia Base might be the best package for you. One of the main benefits of Stadia Pro is the fact that it allows for ultra high definition gaming with exceptional sound systems, but if you don’t have much data—or if your internet isn’t super fast—then playing in ultra high 4K resolution probably isn’t the solution for you (so why waste your money).

How Many Games Do You Want?
If you only want a few games on your Google Stadia games database then the Stadia Base package might be good enough for your needs. However, if you are hoping to be able to play on a number of different Google Stadia games, then you might want to instead consider choosing the Stadia Pro plan for its monthly free games and promotional offers.

Regardless of the Google Stadia pricing plan that you choose, playing games on Google Stadia will be sure to revolutionize your gaming experience!

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
i think you need pro to enable 4k and surround sound too. i could be thinking about another service.
if you dont care about that and the "free" games, nah i guess not
Yeah you need it for that stuff which I think that should be standard but that's another conversation. Sorry to be asking so many questions. I plan on giving Stadia try now that Destiny 2 is free and if you pre-order Cyber Punk, uou get a free chromecast and controller(alteady have 2 chromecast). Thanks for answering my questions about Pro.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
December pro games

Google adding six Stadia Pro games for December 2020 - 9to5Google

• Into the Breach – One of the most pure and perfect tactics games ever.
  • Monster Jam Steel Titans – BIG TRUCKS SMASHING THINGS! Monster Jam Steel Titans brings you all the car-crushing offroad action your heart desires.
  • Everspace – Space combat action meets a roguelike soul. Fly, die, fly again, and triumph!
  • Secret Neighbor – Six friends, one fraud. The tense, atmospheric horror of Hello Neighbor gets bigger in this multiplayer game of suspicion and survival.
  • HITMAN 2 – More missions, more disguises, and more stealth-action challenges from the World of Assassination.
  • Kine – Adorable robots make music together in this delightful and challenging puzzle game.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I just signed up for stadia, am not seeing any option for a basic plan only pro? Im playing a game called Steam World Dig, it was free, was this game free only because i signed up for pro? how do i downgrade to basic?
Yea it was free for PRO. To downgrade you just let it expire,

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea it was free for PRO. To downgrade you just let it expire,

i went in and cancelled my pro subscription , am able to play the game still , is the game mine up until my sub ends only or does it stay in my account ? also am not seeing any option to actually buy if i wanted to

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
i went in and cancelled my pro subscription , am able to play the game still , is the game mine up until my sub ends only or does it stay in my account ? also am not seeing any option to actually buy if i wanted to
My understanding is that the game is free as long as you have Pro. So once your Pro sub ends, you won't have access to the game but if you ever resub, you'll get the access back. It'll probably let you buy once the sub ends.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
What happens to my "Claimed" games if I’m no longer a Stadia Pro subscriber?
If your subscription to Stadia Pro expires, you'll lose access to your "Claimed" games. If you reactivate your Stadia Pro subscription, you'll regain access to the games you previously claimed, and your saved game data will remain intact.

If you choose not to resubscribe to Stadia Pro, you'll have the option to purchase any games you previously claimed as a Stadia Pro subscriber. Your saved game data will remain intact.
Claiming free games with Stadia Pro - Stadia Help (google.com)

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:whoo: not going to lie so I've spent the last couple of days messing around with this service and am very impressed, i don't have a gaming laptop just a mid level laptop as far as specs are concerned I do have a pretty decent connection 500/500 and the two games I've played so far (steam world dig/ Trials Rising) have been flawless for me, i wish they had an online FPS type of game , i think i might keep my pro sub

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:whoo: not going to lie so I've spent the last couple of days messing around with this service and am very impressed, i don't have a gaming laptop just a mid level laptop as far as specs are concerned I do have a pretty decent connection 500/500 and the two games I've played so far (steam world dig/ Trials Rising) have been flawless for me, i wish they had an online FPS type of game , i think i might keep my pro sub
Yeah I tried the demo for Immortals Fenyx Rising and I was surprised. My only concern is how invested is Google on this? They abandon things way too easily. If could get a guarantee that they'll support it for at least 5 years(from today), I would go all in on it.