Google Chrome removes support for uBlock Origin, Adblock

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
well, it finally happened.. the latest Chrome update updates the browser to manifest v3, which removes support for adblockers like uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus

For several years now, Google has wanted to kill Chrome's current extension system in favor of a more limited one, creating more restrictions on filtering extensions that block ads and/or work to preserve the user's privacy. The new extension system, called "Manifest V3," technically hit the stable channel in January 2021, but Chrome still supports the older, more powerful system, Manifest V2. The first steps toward winding down Manifest V2 were supposed to start January 2023, but as 9to5Google first spotted, Google now says it delayed the mandatory switch to Manifest V3 and won't even have a new timeline for a V2 shutdown ready until March.

The old timeline started in January 2023, when beta versions of Chrome would start running "experiments" that disable Manifest V2. This would move to the stable version in June, with the Chrome Web Store banning Manifest V2 extensions in January 2024. The new timeline is that there is no timeline, and every step is now listed as "postponed" or "under review."

i'm looking for a solution to this, but for now, your best bet is to switch to Mozilla Firefox (www.firefox.com)

goddamn i am angry about this

:damn:

eat a dikk Google! eat a fat dikk!!! :ufdup:

Daps
1971px-Firefox_logo%2C_2019.svg.png

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Their downfall. They cancelled G-reader, sat on acquisitions for years like waze before implementing half its ideas onto Google maps a decade later. Nobody wants to look at ads. You can't install extensions on chrome mobile and they may ban AdBlock browsers in the play store. Google is beginning to think like a stubborn bureaucratic oil oligopoly. People may even go to Edge. fukk all these tech CEOs who don't have any bright ideas for future products other than to cow tow to wall street investors making their numbers look good

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I've been using opera for what seems like forever, even though it's a shell of its former browser greatness

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
You think Google would fall back considering Brave Browser or Firefox, let alone edge having ChatGPT support. Chrome doesn’t have a technical advantage anymore. All of them will be better options and that is for the people who are less technically advanced who can go to Chromium for a real customized experience.

Google is fukking up