Google Chrome removes support for uBlock Origin, Adblock

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Does Brave have a lot of addons? I want to use a few. Especially some privacy opt outs and video speed controller.

Brave is based off chromium so I think you should be able to use most chrome addons

I use Safari and ad block works great

should I use Brave brehs :lupe:

It's really good . Negates needing adblock or ublock

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Google ads are fukkin insufferable. Seriously if your business is built to run on ad revenue itā€™s doomed to fail.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Their downfall. They cancelled G-reader, sat on acquisitions for years like waze before implementing half its ideas onto Google maps a decade later. Nobody wants to look at ads. You can't install extensions on chrome mobile and they may ban AdBlock browsers in the play store. Google is beginning to think like a stubborn bureaucratic oil oligopoly. People may even go to Edge. fukk all these tech CEOs who don't have any bright ideas for future products other than to cow tow to wall street investors making their numbers look good
if you have Android, try Firefox for Android. uBlock Origin is available for Firefox Mobile... its fukkin dope

alternatively, set up a PiHole

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Brave still safe?
Brave is based on Chromium/Chrome. i don't know if Chromium updated to manifest v3 yet or not, but if they do it's only a matter of time before its removed from brave as well. same for Vivaldi, Edge, Opera, etc.

LMAO pretty much every browser except firefox is based on chrome

it sucks honestly

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

y'all been put on game already :ufdup:
I tried to tell 'em, breh :wow:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Don't use Chrome. :yeshrug:

I'm on Firefox most of the time because I primarily use Linux, and Chrome on Linux is :trash: anyway.
:usure:

you think so? i think Chrome runs great on Linux

which distro of linux are you using? this laptop runs RHEL 9.1 but my main laptop runs ubuntu.. all dual boot with w10 of course:whoo:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Does Brave have a lot of addons? I want to use a few. Especially some privacy opt outs and video speed controller.

Brave supports most extensions from the Chrome Web Store. That means ā€œBrave extensionsā€ or ā€œBrave add-onsā€ are exactly the same as Chrome extensions, and can be downloaded from the same place.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Advertisers consistently ruin EVERY ASPECT OF ENTERTAINMENT :snoop: there really needs to be a way to stop this

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
well, it finally happened.. the latest Chrome update updates the browser to manifest v3, which removes support for adblockers like uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus

i'm looking for a solution to this, but for now, your best bet is to switch to Mozilla Firefox (www.firefox.com)

goddamn i am angry about this

:damn:

eat a dikk Google! eat a fat dikk!!! :ufdup:
brave browser