Good Times animated reboot ordered by Netflix

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Shows now a days just aren't willing to deal with those issue and why they don't seem authentic. As much as these streaming shows and cable talk about they are touching hard hitting shyt they really ain't. They using big budgets often time to just stuff the script with either more such and nudity, more violence and or more profanity. Cause the stories often times aren't even good.

What about Carmichael show?

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
the show will probably have a season or two. i don't see it being around for the long term. netflix needs more black shows on the network. i like the show "Roc"

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
We really bringing back a show about black poverty in the 2020 :francis:

would it be possible for two working, healthy, married parents to even live in the projects now? I know it's 3 kids but I figure if both are making above minimum wage (which they should with their work experience regardless of education) they should at least have a 2 bedroom apt.

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
I hear you breh. Sometimes when browsing Netflix, I get nostalgic thinking back walking through Hollywood Video or Blockbuster video and their urban sections. Films like Vampiyaz. Netflix has no shortage of cheap throwaway, forgettable content. Hopefully they don't give Good Times the same treatment.
Please tell what was so about Good Times. The show was the worse stereotype of life ever. Mother of the family praying to a fukking painting for a break. A father who tried but with his nagging defeatist wife holding him back. A son who couldn’t read or write. A neighbor who took in a battered and abused child was good times? FOH

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
would it be possible for two working, healthy, married parents to even live in the projects now? I know it's 3 kids but I figure if both are making above minimum wage (which they should with their work experience regardless of education) they should at least have a 2 bedroom apt.
Could be. Moving up with no savings or major oresviois debt and no credit is hard. I could see it still

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
WHY?
Lets not kid ourselves on the most impactful (i.e. mainstream) black sitcoms of the 80s and 90s being Cosby and Fresh Prince. And I don't think there has been bigger black star off a sitcom than Will Smith.
I'm tired of seeing bourgeois nikkas on tv