Good Times animated reboot ordered by Netflix

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
He’ll probably make it like another Cleveland Show :camby:
That would be a trash show.
Carl Jones is the guy behind Season 1 and 2 of Boondocks, the Black Dynamite Cartoon and The Last OG
Yeah Carl Jones isn't he like a 5 percenter or something that's why I think Huey was reading "How To Eat To Live." in one episode.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looking at some of the other names involved, they might prove us wrong.

Carl Jones, Steph Curry, and Jeron Smith's names are all attached, with Carl Jones taking the lead. He produced the Boondocks, Black Dynamite, and The Last OG.

I hope so breh....I just don't trust netflix or any of these streaming platforms when it comes to creating "black shows".

Modsbanme

Banned
Daps
Hopefully carl jones, step curry and eric payton have some actual control over the image and story and don't just let anything fly.

Cause the show is held dear and a lot of black folks heart. They ain't gonna be cool with folks b*stardizing the show on some new black or new white folks shyt.
Let’s be real here, the original show was awful. Singing about temporary layoffs as good times. A son who couldn’t read or write.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I hope so breh....I just don't trust netflix or any of these streaming platforms when it comes to creating "black shows".

I hear you breh. Sometimes when browsing Netflix, I get nostalgic thinking back walking through Hollywood Video or Blockbuster video and their urban sections. Films like Vampiyaz. Netflix has no shortage of cheap throwaway, forgettable content. Hopefully they don't give Good Times the same treatment.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Id rather see that than all these upper class shows

Lena Waithe be on bullshyt but that's why I liked the Chi

I just want a black show or any show of that matter no matter the race that dealt with real issues outside of drugs, sex and violence with 25 stereotypes and pandering to interracial couples and :wrist: folks. Like that is the only issues in the world (dope, sex, gay sex, tranny sex, having sex with white folks and killing people over dumb shyt).

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WHY?
Lets not kid ourselves on the most impactful (i.e. mainstream) black sitcoms of the 80s and 90s being Cosby and Fresh Prince

I don't think its just that. Its the balance even those shows and the real world and other black shows dealt with on a multitude of issues. Even shows today won't even touch on the issues they touched on back in the day. Thats why you can watch them old shows from then and the 70s and be like damn that shyt is still an issue today.

Shows now a days just aren't willing to deal with those issues and why they don't seem authentic. As much as these streaming shows and cable talk about they are touching hard hitting shyt they really ain't. They using big budgets often time to just stuff the script with either more sex and nudity, more violence and or more profanity. Cause the stories often times aren't even good.