Good Kid Maad City is trash

Daps
Reppin
me
that's your opinion, if you don't like it then you don't like it, it's still one of the most complex, structured and complete albums we have heard these last years and it will be remembered for that :manny:

I'm not a kendrick stan and I personally think that this album is ahead of its time :blessed: , I'm probably going to buy it

his voice, instrumentals & hooks can't save this 'complex' story you feeding me. even if it is complex. i even read the lyrics to most his songs because i really thought i was buggin the way the media was treating this album. turns out i wasn't buggin :birdman:

ahead of it's time? i can't call it but i disagree. In time I don't think cats will be rating it the way they do now

MINT

All Star
Daps

his voice, instrumentals & hooks can't save this 'complex' story you feeding me. even if it is complex. i even read the lyrics to most his songs because i really thought i was buggin the way the media was treating this album. turns out i wasn't buggin :birdman:

ahead of it's time? i can't call it but i disagree. In time I don't think cats will be rating it the way they do now

its subjective... I personally LOVE his voice and some of the hooks are fantastic in my book
and it has nothing to do with the media, amateur reviews praised him when the album leaked and it's also the best rated albums by users on a lot of sites.

what about nas ? does he sux because I don't like his voice and chorus ? lol. subjectivity but some things aren't subjective in Music and when you review an album, you have to talk about criteria.

what is happening now is exactly what happened to TMMLP, RD, The Chronic etc, some ppl are using the "overrated" poor argument, they just don't agree with the fact that kendrick is praised by a majority. In conclusion, the word overrated doesn't mean anything.

Daps
Reppin
me
its subjective... I personally LOVE his voice.
and it has nothing to do with the media, amateur reviews praised him when the album leaked.

what about nas ? does he sux because I don't like his voice and chorus ? lol. subjectivity but some things aren't subjective in Music and when you review an album, you have to talk about criteria.

to each his own breh. i find his voice annoying & he seems to like making himself sound weird for whatever reason.

& no nas sucks because it took jay-z to bring out the best in him :shaq:

Daps
Reppin
me
what is happening now is exactly what happened to TMMLP, RD, The Chronic etc, some ppl are using the "overrated" poor argument, they just don't agree with the fact that kendrick is praised by a majority. In conclusion, the word overrated doesn't mean anything.

The Marshall Mathers LP & Reasonable Doubt? I love all those albums & don't think GKMC even comes close. And the word overrate means to overpraise, or magnify

MINT

All Star
Daps

The Marshall Mathers LP & Reasonable Doubt? I love all those albums & don't think GKMC even comes close. And the word overrate means to overpraise, or magnify

and A LOT of people think that gkmc is closer than you think. deal with it man lol

you're a bigger troll than the poor artist from your avy.

every classic is considered as overrated by people who don't like them, he word overrated doesn't mean anything, it's mean that some people don't deal with the fact that an album is praised by a majority.

Kanye fans say that Eminem is overrated, Eminem fans say that wayne and kanye are overrated, biggie fans call tupac en overrated mc, pac fans think that biggie is overrated, jay-z fans think that nas is overrated.

that word doesn't mean anything lololol

MINT

All Star
Daps
listening to gkmc right now, damn, so brilliant, I now understand why it's praised as an instant classic, so beautiful :whew:

Daps
Reppin
me
and A LOT of people think that gkmc is more closer than you think. deal with it man lol

you're a bigger troll than the poor artist from your avy.

every classic is considered as overrated by people who don't like them, he word overrated doesn't mean anything, it's mean that some people don't deal with the fact that an album is praised by a majority.

Kanye fans say that Eminem is overrated, Eminem fans say that wayne and kanye are overrated, biggie fans call tupac en overrated mc, pac fans think that biggie is overrated, jay-z fans think that nas is overrated.

that word doesn't mean anything lololol

"dealing with it" is what got us here in the first place. If it's wack, nikkas are afraid to say it's wack. We need to stop praising mediocre shyt like it's timeless & life changing.

i'm really not trolling. i think the time his album came out has alot to do with it. hip hop excellence has been on the decline & the fans are desperately looking for a savior. me included. :whoa: don't take me as a hater while i type these words, i'm only being honest because I see better in kendrick than this album.

and nikka, is the word overrated in the dictionary? then it does have meaning, stop saying that or rephrase yourself :birdman:

MINT

All Star
Daps

"dealing with it" is what got us here in the first place. If it's wack, nikkas are afraid to say it's wack. We need to stop praising mediocre shyt like it's timeless & life changing.

i'm really not trolling. i think the time his album came out has alot to do with it. hip hop excellence has been on the decline & the fans are desperately looking for a savior. me included. :whoa: don't take me as a hater while i type these words, i'm only being honest because I see better in kendrick than this album.

and nikka, is the word overrated in the dictionary? then it does have meaning, stop saying that or rephrase yourself :birdman:

it's not mediocre, that's not objective LOL.

you don't deal with the fact that this album is praised by the whole industry ( listeners in general, artists, actors, producers, journalists,)
The time this album came out has nothing to do with that, the album is already on a lot of "greatest albums of all time, all genre" lists.

There will be haters like there are a lot of nas, eminem, jay and pac haters, but it's like that, we finally have an album extremely well received ( and I agree, I personbally think that it's a masterpiece and I'm not a big fan of the dude) that is having a huge impact and influencing artists right now ( YG wants to release bad kid maad city, other artists said they wanted to step their game up etc)

Kendrick :blessed:

well if you ask me, kendrick won't be able to top this album, I just don't see how its possible but that's my opinion because for me, it's a real masterpiece and that means that I completely agree with the praise he is getting right now. kendrick is an anomaly, when I listen to this album, it makes me forget Tupac, Nas and the other legends

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands

to each his own breh. i find his voice annoying & he seems to like making himself sound weird for whatever reason.

& no nas sucks because it took jay-z to bring out the best in him :shaq:

Have you not heard of Illmatic? Jay was still rapping like the Fu-Schnickens back in 1994....