Good Kid Maad City is trash

Daps
Reppin
me
even if I disagree with that, gkmc has been compared to illmatic for its cohesiveness, you should stop talking like it's pathetic because gkmc is one of the most praised albums of these last years with mbdtf. are they overrated ? no, a lot of ppl think these albums are masterpiece, that's all lol.

never said GKMC is pathetic, just put up on a high pedestal that's all. it was a decent album at best. all these cohesive storytelling excuses are whats pathetic, like who really makes an album that isn't at ALL cohesive or has at least one story on it? Imagine Krit's debut album getting this kind of praise, you tellin me you wouldn't feel like :why:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I like kendrick but that album wasnt nearly as good as it was hyped up to be. I actually prefer section 80 to the album.

MINT

All Star
Daps

never said GKMC is pathetic, just put up on a high pedestal that's all. it was a decent album at best. all these cohesive storytelling excuses are whats pathetic, like who really makes an album that isn't at ALL cohesive or has at least one story on it? Imagine Krit's debut album getting this kind of praise, you tellin me you wouldn't feel like :why:

it's not a decent album at best if a lot of ppl think it's a masterpiece

I also think that it's a masterpiece... you are trying to act like your opinion was a fact, it's not. ppl put this album on a very high pedestal because they believe the album deserve the praise, experts beleive it, a lot of listers believe it, artists believe it, that's like that.

I think that illmatic is decent at best, it won't change the fact that it's widely considered as a masterpiece and tbh, I can't act like my opinion was a fact, that's ridiculous.

ps: A LOT OF albums aren't cohesive as fukk, imo LIG was far from cohesive, it was a collection of songs in my book, and its the same for 80 % of the albums released these last 5 years

MINT

All Star
Daps
from Anna, journalist from XXL

HipHopDX : "The West Coast Illmatic: good kid, m.A.A.d city & The Evolution of Hip Hop Storytelling"
Vibe : "Is Kendrick Lamar's 'Good Kid, M.A.A.d City' The Most Important Debut Since 'Illmatic'?"
Vibe : "Kendrick Lamar may save Dr Dre's Detox"
Billboard : Good Kid M.A.A.d. City is "the most breathtaking hip-hop debut since "The College Dropout."
MTV : - "Kendrick Lamar: 2012's Biggest Newcomer Snuck Up On Us"
- "GKMC proves that hip-hop doesn't have to go pop to be successful."
- "the rap rookie can go into the new year knowing he changed the game."
- "Kendrick's first shot will now be the standard by which all coming hip-hop debuts will be measured"
michigandaily : "GKMC weaves tales of sex, violence, friendship and death together to create a 21st-century West Coast masterpiece."
sabotagetimes : "Kendrick Lamar made us stop wanting Detox" "his album is art"
Guardian : "Good Kid, MAAD City is the most impressive hip-hop album in years"
Fsunews: "Kendrick Lamar achieves Classic Status on Good Kid M.A.A.D. City."
The Source : Prince Kendrick Lamar changed the game.
Lameuse : Kendrick Lamar is the new intergalactic star, in front of Psy (translated from French To English)
XXL : "There’s no denying Good Kid Maad City is setting a new Standard"
SabotageTimes : 2012 was the best year in Hip Hop History because of Kendrick Lamar and some other new artists.
Guardian : "Not since Kanye West's early shows has a major new MC balanced swagger and sensitivity with such aplomb."
Rollingstone: "The last thing hip-hop was expecting in 2012 was a record like Kendrick Lamar's debut: a mainstream triumph by a leftfield star, a classic album that built on narratives not punchlines or braggadocio, a cracked lens view of one of rap's sacred terrains, Compton, California."
volkskrant : "Kendrick Lamar is the king of the West Coast" (dutch Newspaper)
Washingtonpost: "This work surpasses classic and goes into masterpiece territory"
The source : "Kendrick Lamar is on the brink of becoming an international household name in Hip-Hop, so shows like last night are legendary..... And the legend's energy was definitely felt" (Talking about his concerts)

media_xl_1514230.jpg

Good Kid M.A.A.D. City earned one of the highest first-week album sales of 2012 from a male artist, along with the best-selling debut from a male artist of the year. The album generated 2.8 million streams through Spotify, becoming the second highest first week stream total of the year.
The album was also one of the most hyped albums of all time, all genre on the internet

End Year Lists & Awards (2012/2013)
cup1.gif
cup2.gif
cup3.gif

- Kendrick Lamar is the hottest MC in the game !

281x211.jpg

742101hottest.png

- Kendrick lamar win lyricist of the year BET awards 2012 (contestants : Jay-z, Nas, Kanye West, J. cole, Kendrick Lamar)
[youtube]1m4uLnbiw6g[/youtube]

- Rolling Stone ranks 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' as one of the 100 Greatest Debut Albums of All Time! The 100 Best Debut Albums of All Time: 'good kid, m.A.A.d city' | Rolling Stone

994895Rollings.png

- Complex also named good kid, m.A.A.d city one of the 25 classic albums of the last 10 years
- Complex crowned Kendrick Lamar "The Best Rapper Alive in 2013"
- VIBE ranked GKMC at #19 on their 'Greatest 50 Albums Since '93' , all genre

BBC: #1best album of 2012 (all genre)
Fact Magazine: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
Complex: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
New York Magazine: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
Vulture: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
Vibe: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
Pitchfork: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
LA Weekly #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
BET: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
LA Time: In the "best albums of 2012" (all genre)
NewYorkPress: In the "best albums of 2012" (all genre)
B2FD: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
The National Student: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
QGmagazine: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
michigandaily: #1 best album of 2012 (all genre)
Hip-hop DX: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Hip-hop DX (reader's choice): #1 best hip hop album of 2012
HipHopWired: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Spin: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Rollingout: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
XXL: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
XXL: #1 Kendrick Lamar is the best rapper of 2012.
TheVersed: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Rapradar: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Rapcities: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
frontpsych: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Jsonline: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
MIMO: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
undertheradarmag: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
basementthread: #1 best hip hop album of 2012
sabotagetimes : #1 best hip hop album of 2012
Complex: #1 best album cover of 2012
Hip-hop DX: #1 best Emcee of 2012
The Source: Kendrick Lamar is the rookie of the year
BET: #1 best lyricist of 2012

Spin : 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
Billboard : 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
MTV : 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
Time: 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
The Needle Drop: 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
GlobalGrind: 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
The Daily Californian: 2nd best album of 2012 (all genre)
Consequence of Sound: 3rd best album of 2012 (all genre)
PrettyMuchAmazing: 3rd best album of 2012 (all genre)
Rollingstone : 6th best album of 2012 (all genre)

Passionweist: Cartoons & Cereals is the best hip-hop song of 2012
rapgenious: Money Trees is the best hip-hop song of 2012
Complex: Cartoons & Cereals is the 2nd best song of 2012 (all genre)
Pitchfork: bytch don't kill my vibe is the 4th best song of 2012 (all genre)
Fact Magazine: Cartoons & Cereals is the 4th best song of 2012 (all genre)

Metacritic: GKMC received an average score of 91/100, which indicates "universal acclaim", based on 36 reviews
Metacritic: Among the 100 highest rated albums of all time (all genre) and Among the 25 highest rated albums of all time based on more than 25 critics.
521779meta.png

392073pitch.png

XXL rates albums from "S" (poor) to "XXL" (classic). Editors have initially awarded XXL status to only nine albums:

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill
The Blueprint by Jay-Z
Get Rich or Die Tryin' by 50 Cent
Be by Common
Late Registration by Kanye West
Hell Hath No Fury by Clipse
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West
Life Is Good by Nas
Good kid, m.A.A.d city by Kendrick Lamar

A later issue in December 2007 re-rated and retroactively rated some albums and gave XXLs to:

The Chronic by Dr. Dre
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) by Wu-Tang Clan
Illmatic by Nas
The Diary by Scarface
The Infamous by Mobb Deep
All Eyez on Me by 2Pac
Reasonable Doubt by Jay-Z
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory by 2Pac
Life After Death by The Notorious B.I.G.
2001 by Dr. Dre
The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
The Lost Tapes by Nas
The College Dropout by Kanye West

xxlgoodkidmaadcity.jpg

What the other artists said about Kendrick Lamar :

- Dido said that Money Trees was probably her favorite song of 2012.
- Nas called Good Kid Maad City "the best album of 2012", this album was what Hip Hop needed.
- Snoop Dogg, Game and Dr Dre the new King of The West Coast / hip hop
- Game called Kendrick "the Nas of the West Coast"
- A$ap Rocky called Kendrick "the Nas of our generation"
- Young Guru said that Good Kid M.A.A.D. City was absolutely a classic ! The album captured a moment in time.
- Mary J Blige called Good Kid M.A.A.D. a classic, just like The Chronic (Dr Dre)
- T.I. was impressed by how good Good Kid M.A.A.D. City was.
- Pharell called Kendrick this Era's Bob Dylan
- Lupe Fiasco said that Kendrick was going to be the next big thing.
- Drake Congratulated Kendrick for this incredible body of work.
- J Cole said that Kendrick killed the game with Good Kid M.A.A.D. City
- Bun B named Kendrick Lamar in his top 5 favorite rappers (February)
- Talib Kweli Congratulated the homie kendrick Lamar because he made an album full of classic bars.
- Game : "Its official like McDonald's bathroom tissue: Kendrick Lamar's album joins the ranks of "The Chronic" "Doggystyle" & "The Documentary" "
- Peter Rosenberg 'It is rare that an artist at this point in his career does a show like this."
- Chris Brown: "Kendrick is the best lyricist right now to me..., poetically and how he approaches his topics, he is very intelligent"
- Chris Brown: "Kendrick is a lyrical poet, he is killing EVERYBODY right now"
- Hopsin (freestyle) : "You ain't seen no body spittin' this hard from the West Coast since Kendrick Lamar"
- Ice Cube: "It's great, man. It's great for true artists who are not people who are chasing the charts or worried about who's on the Billboard [charts]. You can respect an artist like that. We are like painters; you either do it because you love it or you do it 'cause you're trying to get rich. I think people can see that, and they reward true talent. When true talent steps on the scene, it should be rewarded, whether it's deep music that grips your soul or it's just booty-shaking music. If you're a true original, you should be recognized and applauded to reap the benefits more than these one-hitter-quitters that you see."
- Andre 3000: ""@kendricklamar is this era’s Bob Dylan. Masterful story telling. Listen to it, it will elevate you. And just like that music has changed. … @kendricklamar Sick hooks, beats, perspective and zero MSG. Individuality always wins. Goodnight me too’s and blendinables.#OTHER "
- HOT97 - The Realness: Kendrick Lamar is the Truth
[youtube]jO_Yg7efWs0[/youtube]

MINT

All Star
Daps
oZK5F.gif

tumblr_m8yf91wT9t1rqsrn9o1_500.gif

Vmbsq.png

onIPe.png

xEQXU.png

tumblr_lz07yqwd0b1r5mn4vo1_500.jpg

Cudi-Grammy-Crop.jpg

#1 – Top 30 Best Albums of 2010 (Rolling Stone)
#1 – Top 50 Best Albums of 2010 (Pitchfork)
#1 – Top 25 Best Albums of 2010 (Slant Magazine)
#1 – Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Vibe Magazine)
#1 – Top 40 Best Albums of 2010 (Spin Magazine)
#1 – Top 10 Albums Best Albums of 2010 (Billboard)
#1 – Top 10 Albums of 2010 (Time Magazine)
#1 – Best Albums of 2010. Note: Winning by the largest margin in the poll’s history (Village Voice Pazz & Jop Critics Poll)
#1 – Top 25 Best Albums of 2010 (Complex Magazine)
#1 – Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Washington Post, Chris Richards)
#1 – Top 25 Best Albums of 2010 (The A.V. Club)
#1 – Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Entertainment Weekly)
#1 – Top 5 Best Albums of 2010 (USA Today, Steve Jones)
#1 – Top 40 Best Albums of 2010 (Metacritic)
#1 – Top 20 Best Albums of 2010 (MTV)
#1 - Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Los Angeles Times, Garrick Kennedy)
#1 - Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Los Angeles Times, Randall Roberts)
#1 - Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Now Magazine)
#1 - Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Telegraph, UK)
#1 - Top 10 Best Albums of 2010 (Washington Post, Allison Stewart)
#1 - Top 50 Best Albums of 2010 (Cokemachineglow.com)
#1 - Top 50 Best Albums of 2010 (Beats Per Minute)
#1 - Top 40 Best Albums of 2010 (Prefixmag)
#353 – Top 500 Greatest Albums of All Time (Rolling Stone, 2012)

tumblr_mav8j9AAVp1qkz2igo1_400.gif

oZK5F.gif

9mVY7.gif

we all know who is gonna end in the top 5 of the best albums iof this new decade in 2019 ;d let's all hail king yeezt and king kendrick

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think the album is good then thats your wack opinion

I just dont want anyone claim after 5 years that GKMC was a classic like its a fact

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
In 2013, you BUY an album with out sampling it first? I mean you have itunes, amazon and a whole host of other places where you could sample the whole album before making a purchase. The fact that you're complaining about wasting money on an album that's been out 6 months speaks to your lack of proper use of resources.

This is clearly a troll/shock thread. You're trying to get your red up and I can respect that but you're trying too hard breh.

I kept hearing about how good it was from y'all, never bothered to check it out. I was at target & saw it so I was like :yeshrug:

Y'all reaching for ways to call me a troll but just accept that this album was ass

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK

I just dont want anyone claim after 5 years that GKMC was a classic like its a fact

Do you niqqas realise that just because YOU don't like an album doesn't mean it's not classic or have the potential to be one.

Theres some albums I don't like but I can accept are classics due to how they were embraced and accepted as classic by a hip hop generation.

Childish ass niqqas crying just because people enjoy something they don't like :steviej:

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

But it is a classic:birdman:

Both personally and hip hop wise

GKMC put Kdot on the map

I havent met a nikka that hasnt recognized pphrases such as "Ya Bish" and "bytch dnt kill my vibe"

GKMC is a classic period..:birdman:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Do you niqqas realise that just because YOU don't like an album doesn't mean it's not classic or have the potential to be one.

Theres some albums I don't like but I can accept are classics due to how they were embraced and accepted as classic by a hip hop generation.

Childish ass niqqas crying just because people enjoy something they don't like :steviej:

If what he said is "crying" then what you're saying is "crying" because some people aren't on this albums dikk :mjpls: