Good Kid Maad City is trash

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If you don't like that Kendrick album then that sucks for you. Cuz I sure would like to see what people consider a great to classic album if this aint it.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only tracks I like from the album is Money Trees, Good Kid, Maad City, Compton and Swimming Pool

The rest of the album is meh

The beats and the hooks were :trash:

If you really think this was a better debut than Documentary then kill yoself

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the era of microwave culture i can appreciate an artists coming out with a full length album that actually runs down like an album not a bunch of random songs together, the storytelling is good & he did something unique, which is damn near impossible in this day and age. Can't recall a rap album that was a telling a story the duration of the entire album & doing it well, not to mention filling the much needed void of repping the average kid in the hood, not the minority like the sociopaths, pimps & dealers etc we've been accustomed to.

Having said all that, something is off about Kendrick, GKMC seems to tick all the boxes of becoming a great album without actually being one, it offers a vapid experience to me as a listener, i have no desire to listen to it again, it's like a movie with a great director, producer & screenplay that should've been brilliant but it just doesn't work because of the actors execution. K dot is simply not that dude.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
:scusthov: the fukk nikkas callin this a classic for?

These beats are :trash:
Only one I fukk with is the first part of art of peer pressure

& wassup with this nikka singing :why:

Who told this nikka he could sing :why:

Did nobody in the studio have the balls to tell him he sounds fukking stupid trying to sing? :why:

"Promise that you will.. Sing.. About me" that shyt hurts my ears :why:

This album didnt know what it wanted to do

Backseat freestyle is stupid, even given the concept of this stupid ass story he wove through the album

"Ohh yea I'm just a normal regular ass nikka & I had a family member get shot. Boo hoo, I needa get out the hood" :comeon:

Y'all were dikk riding this album so hard that I went out & copped it & I want a refund :why:

In 2013, you BUY an album with out sampling it first? I mean you have itunes, amazon and a whole host of other places where you could sample the whole album before making a purchase. The fact that you're complaining about wasting money on an album that's been out 6 months speaks to your lack of proper use of resources.

This is clearly a troll/shock thread. You're trying to get your red up and I can respect that but you're trying too hard breh.

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
Kendrick's pops said:
Where's my mothafukking domino's at :mindblown:

Screen-Shot-2013-01-02-at-6.47.54-PM-e1357170556192.png

Also, Sherane don't agree with the OP:
F9D4736A505579DC6F203A4DB9B2D535.png

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
You're right. I'm pissed I spent money because my dumb ass fell for the hype. Not one track on this shyt is a classic or memorable. Name one song from this album you honestly think you're gonna bump in 10 years

When I heard, for example, regulate by warren G I knew I was listening to a west coast classic, nothing on this album gave me that feeling

truth.com

Daps
Reppin
me
If you don't like that Kendrick album then that sucks for you. Cuz I sure would like to see what people consider a great to classic album if this aint it.

B.I.G - Life After Death
Fif - Get Rich or Die Trying
Dre - Chronic 2001
Kanye - Late Registration
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Common - Be

just giving a few examples. really don't see what makes GKMC a classic. nikkas have written stories before, better ones too. over better beats. with less annoying voices.

him pronouncing his words that start with a vowel with an 'h' is corny
"ya bish" corny
repeating "beeeeatch" over & over on Backseat Freestyle - corny
that crying voice on M.A.A.D City - corny
& OP already addressed his god awful singing :scusthov: