Good Kid Maad City is trash

MINT

All Star
Daps
it deserves every bit of praise

it's the most complex, complete and structured album I have heard these last 5 years with mbdtf
and you know why some songs like backseat freestyle are often analyzed by music schools ? it's His ability to seamlessly transition between different rhythmic levels, from quadruplets, to quintuplets, to sextuplets, to double-quadruplets, is on a level WE have never seen before. we've seen these rhythms before, most predominantly in Busta Rhymes circa the “Genesis” album, Outkast’s albums circa “Aquemini”, and Eminem post-2001 until Relapse. But we’ve never seen anyone able to put it all together at once like Kendrick and move from one to the next almost effortlessly

the album is a masterpiece and I'm not even a kendrick stan. I'm glad to see this album having a huge impact

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
it deserves every bit of praise

it's the most complex, complete and structured album I have heard these last 5 years with mbdtf
and you know why some songs like backseat freestyle are often analyzed by music schools ? it's His ability to seamlessly transition between different rhythmic levels, from quadruplets, to quintuplets, to sextuplets, to double-quadruplets, is on a level WE have never seen before. we've seen these rhythms before, most predominantly in Busta Rhymes circa the “Genesis” album, Outkast’s albums circa “Aquemini”, and Eminem post-2001 until Relapse. But we’ve never seen anyone able to put it all together at once like Kendrick and move from one to the next almost effortlessly

the album is a masterpiece and I'm not even a kendrick stan. I'm glad to see this album having a huge impact

This is the first time someting worthwile came out of Drake's mouth! :heh:

MINT

All Star
Daps
a classic in my book and no doubut it will be considered as a classic in a few years (its already like that doe)

one of the most complete, complex and structured album we have heard these last years, everything is on point, it looks like kendrick understands hip hop

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands

:scusthov:

bytch Don't Kill My Vibe
Sing About Me I'm Dying Of Thirst
The Recipe
Money Trees
Good Kid

beats are all good in my book. The rest: cheeks

So, you like just about half the beats on the album! Pretty good batting average :manny:
Plus, 'Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst' is a 12 minute track!

MINT

All Star
Daps
the beats are all perfect, the production is cohesive, something we haven't seen for a long time

it looks like people are mad because their favorite rappers ain't eatin and because kendrick released an album praised as fukk.

Props to kendrick coz he made the new bar :salute:

MINT

All Star
Daps

5 out of 17, sounds about right :mjpls:

that's your opinion, if you don't like it then you don't like it, it's still one of the most complex, structured and complete albums we have heard these last years and it will be remembered for that :manny:

I'm not a kendrick stan and I personally think that this album is ahead of its time :blessed: , I'm probably going to buy it

MINT

All Star
Daps

there is this kind of thread for illmatic, the chronic, marshall mathers lp, there is this kind of thread for basically every classic or future classic :jawalrus:
As some people said in the comment, the album was prboably too deep for the author and for you, it took me 2 weeks to fully understand the complexity of this masterpiece, out of this world !