erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands

:lupe:

what does this have to do with Ether being Nas's best song

Haha, ether is not Nas's best song, man :huhldup:
This has to do with tha fact that Jay couldn't have brought out the best out in him, because Nas already dropped the best ever album with Illmatic. Nas already was one of the all-time greats before the battle with Jay even started... :wtb:

MINT

All Star
Daps
listening to this album a second time in a row, how the fukk his metascore is only 91/100, it should have been 95 at the very least :what:

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
listening to this album a second time in a row, how the fukk his metascore is only 91/100, it should have been 95 at the very least :what:

Sh*t is beautiful man :to:. Can't believe the salty haters in here. Can't think of a better album in the last decade.
How intricate the story is told in a cohesive way through all the different styles of songs is :noah:
:dj2:

Kendrick :cape:

Daps
Reppin
me
Haha, ether is not Nas's best song, man :huhldup:
This has to do with tha fact that Jay couldn't have brought out the best out in him, because Nas already dropped the best ever album with Illmatic. Nas already was one of the all-time greats before the battle with Jay even started... :wtb:

as a Jay stan i can say Ether is the epitome of rap excellence. No Nas song will be remembered like that one in the next 20 years. Stillmatic is better than Illmatic imo. Both excellent albums nonetheless. And you right, he was already a great, still doesn't mean that the Jay-Z beef didn't bring out the best in him.

MINT

All Star
Daps
Sh*t is beautiful man :to:. Can't believe the salty haters in here. Can't think of a better album in the last decade.
How intricate the story is told in a cohesive way through all the different styles of songs is :noah:
:dj2:

Kendrick :cape:

and that's why the album is considered as a classic by the whole industry (artists, actors, producers, journalsits, listeners)

I can't compare Good Kid Maad City to anything else in rap music. The overall experience is so full that you have to reach outside of music to find something similar to compare it to.
You have to give the album your full attention and not doing something else while listening to it. It’s a fukking movie, his music is art and literally paints pictures.

the whole album, its complexity, the structure, the production, Kendrick seems to put alot of time and effort in the synch of the beats he picks, the whole album is a piece of art, I haven't heard an album that well thought out for a long time except for MBDTF (but kanye rapping isn't that impressive)

Kendrick is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g, Glad to see he is going to cement himself in the hall of fame, it's a shot at history :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
me
and that's why the album is considered as a classic by the whole industry (artists, actors, producers, journalsits, listeners)

I can't compare Good Kid Maad City to anything else in rap music. The overall experience is so full that you have to reach outside of music to find something similar to compare it to.
You have to give the album your full attention and not doing something else while listening to it. It’s a fukking movie, his music is art and literally paints pictures.

the whole album, its complexity, the structure, the production, Kendrick seems to put alot of time and effort in the synch of the beats he picks, the whole album is a piece of art, I haven't heard an album that well thought out for a long time except for MBDTF (but kanye rapping isn't that impressive)

Kendrick is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g, Glad to see he is going to cement himself in the hall of fame, it's a shot at history :ohlawd:

:gag:

Kendrick stans are really on another level, MBDTF production was A1! What beat on GKMC is fukkin w/ Power or So Appalled. No seriously

MINT

All Star
Daps

:gag:

Kendrick stans are really on another level, MBDTF production was A1! What beat on GKMC is fukkin w/ Power or So Appalled. No seriously

gkmc was compared to illmatic for 1 reason, produced by a lot of different producers, and it still one of the most cohesive production ever heard.

didn't like the beats from mbdtf, but I do understand why it's one of the most praised albums of this new decade with gkmc, the production was fantastic too.

With that said, mbdtf and gkmc are cemented for the top 5 for a lot of "best albums of this new decade (2010-2013) so far, I would say that 1) mbdtf and 2) gkmc (according to the acclaim and the conscensus)

Daps
Reppin
me
gkmc was compared to illmatic for 1 reason, produced by a lot of different producers, and it still one of the most cohesive production ever heard.

didn't like the beats from mbdtf, but I do understand why it's one of the most praised albums of this new decade with gkmc, the production was fantastic too
:merchant:

can't believe nikkas are really comparing GKMC to Illmatic....

can't believe nikkas are really comparing GKMC production to MBDTF....

it's nikkas like y'all that make Ye run up stage & throw tantrums at award shows :lolbron:

care to elaborate on this 'cohesive production' statement? certainly not some impossible feat, hell even Rick Ross last album had great cohesion production wise

Kanye's swag level on so Appalled :noah:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia

B.I.G - Life After Death
Fif - Get Rich or Die Trying
Dre - Chronic 2001
Kanye - Late Registration
Madvillain - Madvillainy
Common - Be

just giving a few examples. really don't see what makes GKMC a classic. nikkas have written stories before, better ones too. over better beats. with less annoying voices.

him pronouncing his words that start with a vowel with an 'h' is corny
"ya bish" corny
repeating "beeeeatch" over & over on Backseat Freestyle - corny
that crying voice on M.A.A.D City - corny
& OP already addressed his god awful singing :scusthov:

All great albums no doubt. But that doesn't mean GKMC is not a great album either. But I realize we all have different opinions so if that's how u feel then I aint mad at you.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
In the era of microwave culture i can appreciate an artists coming out with a full length album that actually runs down like an album not a bunch of random songs together, the storytelling is good & he did something unique, which is damn near impossible in this day and age. Can't recall a rap album that was a telling a story the duration of the entire album & doing it well, not to mention filling the much needed void of repping the average kid in the hood, not the minority like the sociopaths, pimps & dealers etc we've been accustomed to.

Having said all that, something is off about Kendrick, GKMC seems to tick all the boxes of becoming a great album without actually being one, it offers a vapid experience to me as a listener, i have no desire to listen to it again, it's like a movie with a great director, producer & screenplay that should've been brilliant but it just doesn't work because of the actors execution. K dot is simply not that dude.

Good Post.
:lupe:

MINT

All Star
Daps

:merchant:

can't believe nikkas are really comparing GKMC to Illmatic....

can't believe nikkas are really comparing GKMC production to MBDTF....

it's nikkas like y'all that make Ye run up stage & throw tantrums at award shows :lolbron:

care to elaborate on this 'cohesive production' statement? certainly not some impossible feat, hell even Rick Ross last album had great cohesion production wise

Kanye's swag level on so Appalled :noah:

even if I disagree with that, gkmc has been compared to illmatic for its cohesiveness, you should stop talking like it's pathetic because gkmc is one of the most praised albums of these last years with mbdtf. are they overrated ? no, a lot of ppl think these albums are masterpiece, that's all lol. And kendrick also managed to obtain a pac-stan worthy stanbase quick as ****.

GKMC has been placed on the pedistal & theres nothing really u can do about it, you don't like it ? it's cool, that's your opinion, don't act like it was a fact because I don't like Jay-Z but my opinion won't change the history, he dropped amazing albums according to a conscensus and he had an impact on the game.

We all have different opinions, but at the end of the day, it is what it is, some albums are praised for legitimate reasons, people love them, ppl feel conencted to them and ppl talk about criteria when they review it, that's all =p

I personally LOVE gkmc, but if you hate it, it's cool for you, Listen to the albums that you like but it won't change anything, some ppl didn't like grodt, mbdtf, tmmlp, stillmatic, stankonia, etc but at the end of the day, these albums had an impact, they are praised and you can't really do anything about that.
GKMC still has to pass the time test but the praise won't stop

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands

as a Jay stan i can say Ether is the epitome of rap excellence. No Nas song will be remembered like that one in the next 20 years. Stillmatic is better than Illmatic imo. Both excellent albums nonetheless. And you right, he was already a great, still doesn't mean that the Jay-Z beef didn't bring out the best in him.

I can respect that :smugfavre: