Golden Globes 2016

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Lord have mercy. Just gets better with age

I can see why though. Like I get when Kanye is mad about the Grammys. I personally don't care, but for him it's validation the way Taraji was acting today. People care about the art man. When they feel like someone is robbing someone else there will be disagreements. It's like telling people to not care if JJ Watt somehow beats Cam Newton for MVP this year. There's nothing wrong with discussion as long as it doesn't turn nasty. I always prefer people who think about why things are the way they are :manny:. The Coli's problem is people are always on this cac this and that angle. Sometimes things are just much simpler. You cannot tell people what to relate to.
Say word

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
So in The Booth lingo, are you calling amy schumer an industry plant? :troll:
:ohhh:...........:sas2:maybe.

But seriously I'm not mad at this Amy shyt at all. But she is clearly part of the Megan trainer/Lena Durham agenda that is being pushed:yeshrug:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All the CLASSIC movie clips of Denzel WashinGOATon storied career, tho:wow:

...and, he brought his Nubian family up on stage: BLACKEXCELLENCE:myman:

Also, props to Mr. Robot for winning best Drama:banderas:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I can see why though. Like I get when Kanye is mad about the Grammys. I personally don't care, but for him it's validation the way Taraji was acting today. People care about the art man. When they feel like someone is robbing someone else there will be disagreements. It's like telling people to not care if JJ Watt somehow beats Cam Newton for MVP this year. There's nothing wrong with discussion as long as it doesn't turn nasty. I always prefer people who think about why things are the way they are :manny:. The Coli's problem is people are always on this cac this and that angle. Sometimes things are just much simpler. You cannot tell people what to relate to.

That's the thing that bothers me the most.

I, like you, don't mind the debate. I tend to just read, dap here and there, and only contribute if I've got something to add.

Problem is, most of the time it doesn't take long for shyt to turn into race and gender bashing.

So it goes from: ":russ: @ The Martian being called a comedy" to ":scust: @ this pale faced caclet sucking dikks to get places. Women ain't funny :camby:"

And I'm just sitting here like " :francis: It was all good just a page ago" :lolbron:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the thing that bothers me the most.

I, like you, don't mind the debate. I tend to just read, dap here and there, and only contribute if I've got something to add.

Problem is, most of the time it doesn't take long for shyt to turn into race and gender bashing.

So it goes from: ":russ: @ The Martian being called a comedy" to ":scust: @ this pale faced caclet sucking dikks to get places. Women ain't funny :camby:"

And I'm just sitting here like " :francis: It was all good just a page ago" :lolbron:

I think I need to rep both of you. Debate is great. But debate doesn't need to turn everything into race related or gender related and then just becomes weird and ugly.

Last edited:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It just hit me this morning after I watched the Jaime Foxx clip parody of Steve Harvey. Straight Outta Compton got completely overlooked. Not even one award for a highly rated movie?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It just hit me this morning after I watched the Jaime Foxx clip parody of Steve Harvey. Straight Outta Compton got completely overlooked. Not even one award for a highly rated movie?

It'll get an Oscar nod. Which is more important than an actual golden globe any day for real. Which says a lot about the golden globes.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I understand. But a lot of the reasons why people are popping are often corny and have more to do with the person/their politics than the talent. Amy Schumer has that whole "I'm comfortable in my own skin despite being overweight and unattractive" vibe that is going to work in this current "feminist" Hollywood era. That has more to do with your politics and person than your talent. It's like how Girls has been on for so long despite most people thinking that show is trash.

Side note: Lady Gaga won a Golden Globe? Did I see that right? :snoop:

Man, let it go bruh. It's only going to make you more upset. I saw her special and didn't laugh. Not once during the entire 45 minute stand up special. That's probably the first time I have ever watched a stand up special and didn't laugh at one single joke.

Hopefully she runs her course pretty fast.

Edit: You don't want to become like that dude that hates Rosario Dawson. :pachaha:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Man, let it go bruh. It's only going to make you more upset. I saw her special and didn't laugh. Not once during the entire 45 minute stand up special. That's probably the first time I have ever watched a stand up special and didn't laugh at one single joke.

Hopefully she runs her course pretty fast.

Edit: You don't want to become like that dude that hates Rosario Dawson. :pachaha:
Who is that dude right now BTW? He has a screen name on here right :pachaha:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who is that dude right now BTW? He has a screen name on here right :pachaha:

@Jacksonville Swaguar i do not get it. She's gorgeous and a comic book nerd and a good actress but he's convinced she's sleeping her way to the top. If so she's doing a terrible job of it

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
@Jacksonville Swaguar i do not get it. She's gorgeous and a comic book nerd and a good actress but he's convinced she's sleeping her way to the top. If so she's doing a terrible job of it

:deadmanny: @ the idea of having to sleep with some creepy "Hollyweird" dude to get to wrap bandages around Daredevil and Luke Cage.