Golden Globes 2016

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I don't find her funny at all. The problem with your argument is that a lot of people have fanbases that we shyt on. What if dude just thinks that she is not up to par? A lot of people grind. It's like people mention that Amy grinded as a means of deflecting from her being mediocre. Trent Dilfer worked as hard as Tom Brady. But he's not him. Her push does seem forced, in the sense that there are a lot of things that I don't like that people support that I can see the talent in. She just falls short. But hey :manny:

Amy Schumer falls into the same silver spoon-fed, wealthy New York family category as Lena Dunham and Kate and Rooney Mara. all of their families are extremely wealthy and very well connected and that is the reason for their success. Schumer's grandfather is a powerful United States senator, Dunham's family has the NY media in their back pocket, and the Mara sisters great grandfather's founded both the New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.

must be nice to just wake up one day and say "I want to be famous" and all you have to do is half ass apply yourself and ask your daddy to make a phone call:pachaha:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

Someone fukks with it tho. Chris Rock does enough to direct her comedy special she did at the apollo. All I'm saying is, someone likes it and if it works for them cool. And if Chris respects her and fukks with her, then cool she's already stamped. Does she do anything for me? Nah. I liked the movie, thought she was cool in it and liked what she was going for but it's nothing I'm going to think about on the reg but I'm also not mad at her. She's been doing the standup thing since 06 or 07, and finally broke through a couple years ago. She's got a fanbase
Chris's tastes shouldn't shape your own Or anyone's so I don't know why you mentioned that. Truth be told a lot of the time in Hollywood they have some random person pegged to be "the next big thing" months/years before tgp do. Chris rock directing her comedy special isn't so much a stamp of his approval or a co-sign as it is him wanting to be attached to the flavour of the moment thus keeping his brand contemporary

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was a night of robberies. Thrones probably should have won Best Drama also. I doubt there's anything in that category with better acting than Game of Thrones
I could think of two acting performances from Mr. Robot that were better than any characters from GoT

I really like both shows too FWIW

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Amy Schumer falls into the same silver spoon-fed, wealthy New York family category as Lena Dunham and Kate and Rooney Mara. all of their families are extremely wealthy and very well connected and that is the reason for their success. Schumer's grandfather is a powerful United States senator, Dunham's family has the NY media in their back pocket, and the Mara sisters great grandfather's founded both the New York Giants and Pittsburgh Steelers.

must be nice to just wake up one day and say "I want to be famous" and all you have to do is half ass apply yourself and ask your daddy to make a phone call:pachaha:

Rooney Mara is actually more talented than 90% of the actors in the game

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

None of that would matter if millions of regular people didnt find her funny :manny:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Another reason we can't go overboard on this forget thanks talk.

Creed still has an outside chance at a nom for best film (if they happen to take 10 this year..)

That would be a great accomplishment for Ryan.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
Kinda crazy to see Brie Larson go from the Au Pair on the League and the coat check girl in Community to that drama club girl in 21 Jump Street all the way to Golden Globe Best Actress - Drama winner.

I wonder if she's a one shotter like Marissa Tomei or if Hollywood elevates her like the Jennifer Lawrence run.

Looking at her imdb page she has a couple more indy/smaller films in the can and then a blockbuster King Kong reboot which will probably decide if she gets to stay in the upper tier.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
So lady gaga fukked up her face
lady-gaga-golden-globes-20161.jpg

34fjmle.jpg

lady-gaga-leo-d168e253-6c5a-4f2a-aa0c-e8c7deb0641a.jpg

even leo doesn't want to catch the crazy

reminds me of this
maxresdefault.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Chris's tastes shouldn't shape your own Or anyone's so I don't know why you mentioned that. Truth be told a lot of the time in Hollywood they have some random person pegged to be "the next big thing" months/years before tgp do. Chris rock directing her comedy special isn't so much a stamp of his approval or a co-sign as it is him wanting to be attached to the flavour of the moment thus keeping his brand contemporary

Chris tastes don't shape my own but I respect Chris' opinion. Doesn't mean I like her or I mess with her but I got no issue with her and the fact that he fukks with her is a part of that.