Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I just looked up his picture after reading your post and you are not lying. Damn he really does look white.

he a quadroon

Powelljr2.jpg

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
This show is so dope. It doesn't help that I have a fondness for the early to mid 1960s. The way everyone dressed, the music, etc. I get why Bumpy had Big dikk Buster(PAUSE) violate the breh instead of killing him. He raped a woman and ended up getting his manhood taken from him. Probably will end up killing himself over it. :dame:

The actress playing Bumpy's wife is so damn sexy. :noah: Even the actress playing Bumpy's daughter cleans up nice when she's not drugged up.:mjlit:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
So 25% Black and most likely 75% White. Interesting. I wonder why they didn't go with a light skin actor. The actor playing APC is doing a good job. But it would have put his actions in context especially historically if they casted a lighter skin actor.

ya should have used this guy but giancarlo is a bigger name

spike-lee-roger-guenveur-smith-now-030717.jpg

hpn03.jpg

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
So 25% Black and most likely 75% White. Interesting. I wonder why they didn't go with a light skin actor. The actor playing APC is doing a good job. But it would have put his actions in context especially historically if they casted a lighter skin actor.
ya should have used this guy but giancarlo is a bigger name

spike-lee-roger-guenveur-smith-now-030717.jpg

hpn03.jpg
Giancarlo Esposito is killing it as Adam Clayton Powell. I can get past the complexion like I did with Denzel Washington playing Malcolm X.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This show is so dope. It doesn't help that I have a fondness for the early to mid 1960s. The way everyone dressed, the music, etc. I get why Bumpy had Big dikk Buster(PAUSE) violate the breh instead of killing him. He raped a woman and ended up getting his manhood taken from him. Probably will end up killing himself over it. :dame:

The actress playing Bumpy's wife is so damn sexy. :noah: Even the actress playing Bumpy's daughter cleans up nice when she's not drugged up.:mjlit:

the secretary though :wow:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

whats crazy is
this was his dad
Adam_Clayton_Powell_Sr.jpg

then him
Capture-30.jpg

his son
acp-03.png

his grand son
adam-clayton-powell-iv-2a5420b4-d617-4ea0-9750-5af2cb4961d-resize-750.jpeg