Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good show but I hate and I mean hate the rap music being played in the show. shyt fukks up the vibe.

I assume they did that shyt cause its cheaper than to sign some artist to make rap music. Than to pay and get some 60s music cleared by multiple record labels.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Good show but I hate and I mean hate the rap music being played in the show. shyt fukks up the vibe.

I assume they did that shyt cause its cheaper than to sign some artist to make rap music. Than to pay and get some 60s music cleared by multiple record labels.

I wish they just grabbed some r&b singers to sing some 60s sounding songs. Would have been better.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn forest whitaker can still act circles around most...brother playing malcolm is killing it too...mad I slept on this...shame it’s on a no-name network...only reason I was able to watch the first 2 joints was bcuz it was on amazon...anyone use the epix app? there are no links for this @ all past ep 2 so I ‘minus whale’ pay the $5.99 ...just trying to see if the app provides quality viewing @ least cuz I’ve never heard of this network...

its not a no-name network, it just doesnt have the name that HBO/SHO has and now Starz. This show could be like Power was to Starz for Epix. Its a good network and a pretty good value. if you know someone who has it included in their cable/sat package, you can just use the app and their account info and watch on demand. if you do the $5.99 standalone sub you will need to time it because they are only going to drop about 2 eps every two weeks so they can dead that binge watch/cancel shyt. they have some pretty good originals and movies too.

I wish they just grabbed some r&b singers to sing some 60s sounding songs. Would have been better.

I thought about this too....like you can get plenty of good artists to craft that sound...like Rafael Saadiq for instance.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yep...and swizz is damn near on every one of them smh

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
its not a no-name network, it just doesnt have the name that HBO/SHO has and now Starz. This show could be like Power was to Starz for Epix. Its a good network and a pretty good value. if you know someone who has it included in their cable/sat package, you can just use the app and their account info and watch on demand. if you do the $5.99 standalone sub you will need to time it because they are only going to drop about 2 eps every two weeks so they can dead that binge watch/cancel shyt. they have some pretty good originals and movies too.

ehh...what other shows are worth watching on it? thinking I’m just view it via prime video which is a bit more but @ least I know there are several other shows I can watch plus w/ the holidays coming up I’ll be ordering a lot of shyt and can use the free 2-day shipping...if you can recommend some shows other than just this then I might consider the app tho

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i guess Buster will make multiple appearances?

U9fzeBX.jpg

Buster busted them cheeks, cuh... :scust:
in Harlem :dame:
Ya'll are awfully focused on the implications of a scene that was off camera.
What's really on your minds? :isthatafact:

douche

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
will there be think pieces about this?

is this hollywood continuing to emasculate black men?

what does buster represent?

bates2.jpg

Last edited: