Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
So 25% Black and most likely 75% White. Interesting. I wonder why they didn't go with a light skin actor. The actor playing APC is doing a good job. But it would have put his actions in context especially historically if they casted a lighter skin actor.

Giancarlo Esposito is a fine actor, and is top-notch in pretty much every role he plays.

Powell passed for white while attending college.

Anyone who has listened to the lectures of Harlem's legendary historian Dr. John Henrik Clarke over the years, comes to this series with the understanding that Adam and Malcolm were actually quite fond of one another. Dr. Clarke was close to both Malcolm and Powell.

1ef38dd29589c1f8880266dbcadc90f9.jpg

It was Dr. King who Powell had some hard feelings about.

Powell was as tall as Malcolm, just as commanding, and his near-whiteness was a key part of his influence with "Negroes" and as well as whites at the time.

11rangel2-master675.jpg

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im sure someone has asked already but is one of Bumpys dudes Frank Lucas or is this before his time?

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
nikkas comparing this to Boardwalk Empire?

Boardwalk Empire was boring as fuk

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already know this episode is right up my alley

The Malcolm scenes are the highlight for me

is this the same Vincent the Chin who used to walk around in the robe in the 90s pretending to have dementia or some other mob boss with similar name?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
nikkas comparing this to Boardwalk Empire?

Boardwalk Empire was boring as fuk

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already know this episode is right up my alley

The Malcolm scenes are the highlight for me

is this the same Vincent the Chin who used to walk around in the robe in the 90s pretending to have dementia or some other mob boss with similar name?
:picard:No it was not :what::gucci:. Did you watch the entire series or skip over any parts. That's one of my top 5 series - what was boring about it:comeon:??