Godfather Of Harlem TV Series (Bumpy Johnson Story) - (Forest Whitaker/Epix/Trailer)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Im sure someone has asked already but is one of Bumpys dudes Frank Lucas or is this before his time?
This was before his time - Bumpy had already passed away by the time Frank Lucas took the reign. Supposedly, Bumpy took Frank under him and showed him the ropes.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was before his time - Bumpy had already passed away by the time Frank Lucas took the reign.

No i recall he was a driver and worked for him plus I'm assuming bunmpy is in his 50s on this show that's why I was thinking it was a chance Frank Lucas could be in it...Because I'm assuming he would of needed to at least been around 10-15 years to move up as far as he did to become a confidant

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
No i recall he was a driver and worked for him plus I'm assuming bunmpy is in his 50s on this show that's why I was thinking it was a chance Frank Lucas could be in it...Because I'm assuming he would of needed to at least been around 10-15 years to move up as far as he did to become a confidant
Frank Lucas fabricated and embellished a lot of his involvement with Bumpy according to my dad. I heard that Bumpy actually took on another dude who was his protégé. I don't see Frank Lucas having a big role in this series.

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Frank Lucas fabricated and embellished a lot of his involvement with Bumpy according to my dad. I heard that Bumpy actually took on another dude who was his protégé. I don't see Frank Lucas having a big role in this series.
You Right about Frank

These dudes got a lot of Bumpy stories. Gems.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
nikkas comparing this to Boardwalk Empire?

Boardwalk Empire was boring as fuk

I'm only 2 episodes in and I already know this episode is right up my alley

The Malcolm scenes are the highlight for me

is this the same Vincent the Chin who used to walk around in the robe in the 90s pretending to have dementia or some other mob boss with similar name?

Boardwalk Empire really is the closest comparison to me, since both shows have a "who's who" of real life mobster characters, under their real names.

Yes, that's supposed to be THAT Vincent Gigante, of tabloid newspaper fame.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You Right about Frank

These dudes got a lot of Bumpy stories. Gems.

Thanks. Yup.. exactly. I believe the streets and their stories, before I believe what films and tv personalities say. I have family roots in Harlem going back to that era since the 20s. My grandfather had a story for everything - he used to cut hair for the singers, dancers, band members who played at The Cotton Club. Alot of people said throughout the years, Frank lied about a lot of his life for dramatic purposes. But I never heard any negative stories about Bumpy Johnson- the overall consensus is that he was a thorough dude who looked out.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wonder if we will see Stephanie st Clair
Doubt it - she retired and handed her businesses over to Bumpy. Bumpy was her enforcer for a period of time but after the conflict with Dutch, she wanted to get out the game. She played the background for a little while before getting out of it completely due to problems that she was having with the police. If they do show her, it would probably be as his advisor.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a person getting shot in the face almost every other episode :dwillhuh::mjtf:

:russ:

I loved the series the first time I watched it...2nd time I watched the series which was recently I didn’t enjoy it as much after the first season...still a very solid series tho...it used to be in my top 3 but dropped to top 5

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shoot, sounds like a plan lol
:myman:

I’m just gonna download the episodes on a weekly basis...my source has all the eps...for some reason there was a delay between the first 2 eps and the 3rd ep that had me thinking I was behind in the series but I think the initial 2 episodes just dropped earlier than the listed air date so there was a one week delay

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Fam. I just started this episode. They trying to make it look like Mamee was trying to let Doug Jones hit, then Ali came through trying to beat too. Plus you know Powell wanna beat. I'm surprised Bumpy didn't bury all of them. :mjlol:

Those light skin and pale skin jawns were the apple in the garden back in the day. :picard:

The italian girl brought her cookies. :lolbron:

There's a big ass mural saying Christianity ain't shyt and then they get the Pastor from Amen to play the Honorable Elijah Muhammad? :mjlol:

Damn his wife fine. :ohlawd: And she is such a GOOD wife. :whew:

Damn did that really happen? The Feds really had the mosque bugged up like that? And the mob snatched him up too?

That thing about the music making black people "happy" to distract them from the abuse. Damn good point. Sound like some c00n today. But no one here in 2019 is getting they asswhupped by the police every week.

I think that woman tried to poison Malcolm's drink. He dodged one.

Oh damn. :gladbron: I was right. :ooh:

Last edited: