God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Pineal Gland

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Been a while you tell me. I definitely remember killing a lot more superhumans in God of war 2
Ares and Zeus are the only gods in the first 2 games

I'm going off memory, but you had:
Hydra
A minotaur
A Cerberus
Kraken
Euryale
Barbarian King (ghost)
Sisters of fate

These were boss fights in the first two, let them fit the gods into the story instead of forcing it in

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ares and Zeus are the only gods in the first 2 games

I'm going off memory, but you had:
Hydra
A minotaur
A Cerberus
Kraken
Euryale
Barbarian King (ghost)
Sisters of fate

These were boss fights in the first two, let them fit the gods into the story instead of forcing it in

Yeah, games have evolved past check list boss battles. Let’s actually get to know the “villains” in the story and their motivations.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
N***as complaining just to be complaining since the OG game released....

It's just a mindless hack & slash
I hate puzzles, just give me H&S
It's too short, we need more content
It's too long, it's monotonous.
It's too easy, I need a challenge
God of War mode is too hard.
There aren't enough boss fights.
There are too many boss fights.
Why are there so many demigods?

I don't like the storyline... Why is every single player PS game like a movie?

SHUT ALL THE WAY THE F**K UP!!!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, games have evolved past check list boss battles. Let’s actually get to know the “villains” in the story and their motivations.
Says who?

You're acting like the decision is by design for dramatic effect when really it's because they don't have time, skill and or resources to create the kind of game that would have a multitude of unique boss experiences with AAA production value.

You don't have to create reasons why.

Boss bosses in this game turned into pallet swap regular enemies. Previous God of war games at least respected the boss title

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
God of War Director Addresses The So Called Lack of Boss Fights
"You realize that there’s a place where ambition overshadows resources and time, and you want to do so much, but you just have to end up choosing the things that will make the greatest impact."

:sas2::sas1:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Good interview

• It was Cory's decision to end the Norse saga after 2 games. One of the most important reasons was that the first game took 5 years to make, the 2nd game a similar time. If a 3rd Norse game also would take about 5 years it would have taken approximately 15 years to cover a single story which is simply too long.
  • After the 2018 game's release they had 2-3 months for everyone at the studio to come up with ideas for the sequel. One focus was the Blades of Chaos since they were only in the 2018 game for half the game which resulted in the grapple, chain-pull and slamming enemies who are mid-air into the ground. The dog sled is a result of a developer who just happened to have gone dog sledding.
  • The team knew the 2018 game was lacking on the enemy variety but at one point you simply have to wrap your game up. Some 2018 enemies will return in this game, and some of them in new ways

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Assassins Creed modern day story should take note of that.

And final fantasy 7 remake. People thought they were gonna put out a new part every year or two and i just know square enix/nomura well enough to know that was never gonna happen. I will be surprised if they finish it by the end of this generation

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Good interview

So, they're tired...

I thought there was enough enemy variety. The thing that got the most hate was the grind to collect amour, weapon upgrades and other extras. You can complete the game (on noob mode) without the extras, but the experience will be much shorter AND you get finessed out of $70 (now).

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Didn't say bosses though
Uh o.

laughing-russell-westbrook.gif

Uh o

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
It needed the reboot. Kratos became a parody of himself in GOWIII. Killing for killing sake. It wasn't even about avenging his family anymore.

Nah the OG story still holds up, the Greek Gods were really on some fukkery compared to the Norse. They would literally send Kratos on all type of dummy missions and be like "well thank you for destroying the Persians and Atlantis and the Gods of Death Kratos, here's a cookie oh and by the way we can't remove the memories of you killing your family even though we said we could :troll: oh and our bad for making you also kill your mother and brother on top of your wife and daughter :troll:"

Zeus was a fukking prick too, he was like yes Kratos I'll help you defeat the Colossus just use my blade :troll: it won't rob you of your powers just cause I'm paranoid of your strength"

Even Gaia and the Titans betrayed him, Everytime he was gonna chill out they set it off on him first :gucci:

He was angry as shyt but he had a reason they literally would not stop fukking with him

Daps
Didn't say bosses though
Uh o.

laughing-russell-westbrook.gif

Uh o
If the main bosses are only Thor and Freya and possibly the boy I will be disappointed
This is also the end of the Norse saga which means this game would have been perfect as a PS5 exclusive
Ragnarok with no restrictions :whoo:
If that meant a 2023 release so be it it got delayed to 2022 anyway
Hopefully this means we get the next game quicker but I see 2026/2027 rather than 2025/2026
They might have to start mixing the different universes starting with GOW3 if they don't want to spend 10+ years in Egypt w/ the Celtic and Japanese God universe left or potential universes beyond that
That would be a breath of fresh air mixing different settings and w/ the PS5 SSD I think that's what they might start thinking about doing
Instant travel in the various universes and in between them like rift apart
Travel to Japan, Egypt, etc.
Imagine Gods from different pantheons teaming up, using old weapons from previous games and new weapons e.g. katana obviously in the Japanese pantheon
Maybe Ragnarok will set the events in motion needed for that
Otherwise it will be PS7+ by the time they are done with GOW and it might be played out by then

Last edited: