God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

You like this way better? Reskins and reimaginings with less boss battles and more generic monsters?

I don’t like reskins of trolls, no. But I do like how this is a more personal, character focused game and isn’t just how many different big things can kratos violently kill. There’s just all around better writing behind this.

If it wasn’t for the journey with baldur, Freya, and a lesser extent modi and magni the thor match up wouldnt be so anticipated. Kratos isn’t trying to go to war with all of the Norse gods, he’s trying to be a better father than he was before. Thats a great premise for a reboot.

I have my issues with the reboot but they aren’t with the narrative. They needed a way to modernize the character and story and it paid off.

I hope they can find a way to do something similar with twisted metal

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I don’t like reskins of trolls, no. But I do like how this is a more personal, character focused game and isn’t just how many different big things can kratos violently kill. There’s just all around better writing behind this.

If it wasn’t for the journey with baldur, Freya, and a lesser extent modi and magni the thor match up wouldnt be so anticipated. Kratos isn’t trying to go to war with all of the Norse gods, he’s trying to be a better father than he was before. Thats a great premise for a reboot.

I have my issues with the reboot but they aren’t with the narrative. They needed a way to modernize the character and story and it paid off.

I hope they can find a way to do something similar with twisted metal
O God.
We don't need to p*ssy up every franchise.

It's not God of Fatherhood.

The boy is destined to be a traitor and a clown. New p*ssy Kratos needs something to fight for and hopefully it's finally delivered in this game .

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
O God.
We don't need to p*ssy up every franchise.

It's not God of Fatherhood.

The boy is destined to be a traitor and a clown. New p*ssy Kratos needs something to fight for and hopefully it's finally delivered in this game .

Yeah, Santa Monica really took a bad turn with this reboot, it needs to stop being one of the highest rated games ever:francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, Santa Monica really took a bad turn with this reboot, it needs to stop being one of the highest rated games ever:francis:
Woulda been rated higher if it stuck to the script. Same story can be done, with more god like bosses

And obviously minus pallette swaps which was the biggest issue with the game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whats funny is people swore this game was Metroid prime 4 status because up until a few days ago they only showed the logo. Non-stop cries of “SONY LIED TO US” when after seeing how much gameplay they showed it def could have been a fall or holiday 2021 game without covid.

This looked like a launch trailer

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Nah running through a gang of gods cheapens them
How is a god different from the rest of the fodder?
Looks like Freya will be hounding them throughout the journey
Thor will fukk him up.
Don't about Odin.
And remember Kratos was able to murk the Greek Gods because opening Pandora's box weakened them.
Judging from the trailer, Ragnorak has bunch of new enemy types too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah running through a gang of gods cheapens them
How is a god different from the rest of the fodder?
Looks like Freya will be hounding them throughout the journey
Thor will fukk him up.
Don't about Odin.
And remember Kratos was able to murk the Greek Gods because opening Pandora's box weakened them.
Judging from the trailer, Ragnorak has bunch of new enemy types too.

Yeah, i was originally disappointed that baldur was the big bad guy throughout the game but i like the fact that its a smaller scope more personal story that is centered around different families.

Kratos and his family
Thor and his family
Freya and her family

It’s more like a mob show with them all killing one another but not wanting to go to war

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
The game and narrative has evolved past raged filled revenge quest. You pretty much want them to jsut repeat the first trilogy of kratos checking names off a list

It needed the reboot. Kratos became a parody of himself in GOWIII. Killing for killing sake. It wasn't even about avenging his family anymore.

Pineal Gland

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PG County
We killed baldur and a bunch of monsters.

Norse mythology, while largely unpopular and unknown outside of the obvious has enough gods and goddesses for kratos to run through.

Instead we fight demonic beasts, a dragon, reskinned elves, reskinned ogres. It's corny. God of Disney.
How many greek gods did he fight in the first 2 GOW games? And how many monsters?:comeon: