God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
EsdUOcG.jpg

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
It does look better upon second thought. It's just that GoW PS4 looked so good that unless GOWR was a huge leap, it wouldn't look THAT different but side by side the differences are noticeable. It's not a big jump such as Horizon but that's okay. I know it will loo ridiculous in person on my TV.

It may be the environments too. With Ragnarok approaching, everything is frozen over
The lush environments of the first look more vibrant at first glance

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It may be the environments too. With Ragnarok approaching, everything is frozen over
The lush environments of the first look more vibrant at first glance

like i said, people are gonna feel really dumb trying to call this DLC next year and its longer than the first game according to the director

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i also wanna say i think its funny that people (you know who) are criticizing this game for being a lateral sequel but this is exactlt what I thought Square Enix should be doing with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. We should be watching a trailer and gearing up for an episode 2 release by the end of next year. I wouldn't even care if it looked mostly like episode 1, that game looks extremely good on ps5.

eventually you're gonna have a 3 part trilogy or even 4 parts of a game that wildly varies in graphics and gameplay because they are taking so long between iterations

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i also wanna say i think its funny that people (you know who) are criticizing this game for being a lateral sequel but this is exactlt what I thought Square Enix should be doing with Final Fantasy 7 Remake. We should be watching a trailer and gearing up for an episode 2 release by the end of next year. I wouldn't even care if it looked mostly like episode 1, that game looks extremely good on ps5.

eventually you're gonna have a 3 part trilogy or even 4 parts of a game that wildly varies in graphics and gameplay because they are taking so long between iterations

yeah be prepared for people complaining that there’s not a big enough graphical upgrade from an already beautiful game on Remake part 2

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:ld:

Cautiously optimistic but truthfully gow didn't catch it's stride with me as fan until Corey started directing it. gow 1 and 3 were cool for there own reasons. But 2 and 4 really are what did it for me.... Especially 4 :banderas:

I'ma try and keep an open mind with this one but there are already things that kinda worry me personally.
The fact that they took the game from destroying gods and mythological figures to turning the game into a monster hunter is what bothers me. There are plenty of figures they can use their imagination and imagine into bad ass. At least for the boss fights damn.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The fact that they took the game from destroying gods and mythological figures to turning the game into a monster hunter is what bothers me. There are plenty of figures they can use their imagination and imagine into bad ass. At least for the boss fights damn.

Wut :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We killed baldur and a bunch of monsters.

Norse mythology, while largely unpopular and unknown outside of the obvious has enough gods and goddesses for kratos to run through.

Instead we fight demonic beasts, a dragon, reskinned elves, reskinned ogres. It's corny. God of Disney.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Norse mythology, while largely unpopular and unknown outside of the obvious has enough gods and goddesses for kratos to run through.

Instead we fight demonic beasts, a dragon, reskinned elves, reskinned ogres. It's corny. God of Disney.

The game and narrative has evolved past raged filled revenge quest. You pretty much want them to jsut repeat the first trilogy of kratos checking names off a list

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

I'm not gonna lie you do have a point there, the first game was lacking, and if this is the last Norse game they either dropped the ball on people to fight or they're gonna cram the game full of bosses like og God of War 2 (which I kinda doubt). Freya has a brother in the myths named Frey who is the Lord of All Elves, hasn't even been mentioned as a contender yet :mindblown:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The game and narrative has evolved past raged filled revenge quest. You pretty much want them to jsut repeat the first trilogy of kratos checking names off a list
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

You like this way better? Reskins and reimaginings with less boss battles and more generic monsters?