God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
doubtful
they still have to reveal the rest of their 2022 lineup
GOW, GTT7, and Horizon 2 is a good first party output but they're all cross gen
anything meant for the 1st half of 2022 probably got pushed to the 2nd half and anything meant for the 2nd half got pushed to 2023

-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Horizon 2
-> Forspoken
-> FFXVI

Those are five huge games to market for the first half of the year; then PSVR2 and third party stuff for the second half of the year. Realistically what else will they have for 2022? What else do they really need?

-> Factions - who knows what this has morphed into?
-> TLOU Remake - will probably come out to coincide with the TV show, which might be 2022.
-> London Studio's game - who knows how far along development this is.
-> Pixelopus game - who knows how far along development this is.
-> Firesprite games - who knows how far along development these are; presumably their VR game will be a PSVR2 release game.
-> Asobi's new game will surely be for PSVR2.
-> Possible Arrowhead game? Who knows?

Bend, Sucker Punch games etc are years away. Point is (a) the first half of the year is packed already, and that is when Sony release the vast majority of their games anyway; PSVR2 is going to get a big push that will dominate Sony's agenda in the second half of 2022.

Daps
-> God of War 2
-> GT7
-> Horizon 2
-> Forspoken
-> FFXVI

Those are five huge games to market for the first half of the year; then PSVR2 and third party stuff for the second half of the year. Realistically what else will they have for 2022? What else do they really need?

-> Factions - who knows what this has morphed into?
-> TLOU Remake - will probably come out to coincide with the TV show, which might be 2022.
-> London Studio's game - who knows how far along development this is.
-> Pixelopus game - who knows how far along development this is.
-> Firesprite games - who knows how far along development these are; presumably their VR game will be a PSVR2 release game.
-> Asobi's new game will surely be for PSVR2.
-> Possible Arrowhead game? Who knows?

Bend, Sucker Punch games etc are years away. Point is (a) the first half of the year is packed already, and that is when Sony release the vast majority of their games anyway; PSVR2 is going to get a big push that will dominate Sony's agenda in the second half of 2022.
Still 0 PS5 only first party exclusives
Forspoken and FF16 are not first party
If GOW2 releases March that's still 9 months for other potential 1st party releases
If they don't release anything else other than PSVR2 that's not surprising but don't be surprised if there is more to be revealed
That's also not all their studios
GG's 2nd team, Media Molecule, San Diego Studio, their other rumored secret studio, etc.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still 0 PS5 only first party exclusives
Forspoken and FF16 are not first party
If GOW2 releases March that's still 9 months for other potential 1st party releases
If they don't release anything else other than PSVR2 that's not surprising but don't be surprised if there is more to be revealed
That's also not all their studios
GG's 2nd team, Media Molecule, San Diego Studio, their other rumored secret studio, etc.

They can ride out 2022 without a big PS5 only game when they have IPs like FFXVI, GoW and Horizon coming.

Best bet for another game is something MP orientated - Factions (cross-gen) or maybe the GG game, but lets be honest, can you see GG releasing two games in one year like that? I mean, maybe if it is a smaller title.

SDS are making MLB, Media Molecule is Dreams. I dunno what 'secret studio' you are talking about but if it is that Japanese bullshyt. :mjlol:

Daps
They can ride out 2022 without a big PS5 only game when they have IPs like FFXVI, GoW and Horizon coming.

Best bet for another game is something MP orientated - Factions or maybe the GG game, but lets be honest, can you see GG releasing two games in one year like that? I mean, maybe if it is a smaller title.

SDS are making MLB, Media Molecule is Dreams. I dunno what 'secret studio' you are talking about but if it is that Japanese bullshyt. :mjlol:
:mjlol:
you're writing all this because you refuse to believe they have more to reveal?:mjlol:
you really are the most pessimistic Sony stan :mjlol:

Daps
Sony haven't much more to show for 2022 yes, outside of PSVR2.
we're going to find out at their December playstation event :troll:
the san diego team is working on a new IP or assisting another studio
and there is a rumored secret team in cali working on an existing IP (probably uncharted that probably got placed on the backburner)
If GT7, Horizon, GOW2 is Jan-March, they will have another event to reveal the rest of 2022 even if it goes up to near the end of summer like the usual or if it's just PSVR2
TLOU Remake/TLOU2 director's cut bundle is obvious that has to come out 2022 :stopitslime:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For once i agree with @Grand Conde

Those ar 6 major games, outside of psvr2 and maybe factions and whatever Firewalk/firesprite are working on you shouldn’t expect anything else until 2023. Look at the competition they got like 2 games announced for next year.

FF16 is a major fukking title, 1st party or not, having that timed is a big deal. It’s also next gen only, who cares if its not from sony themselves? Would you feel that way if sony was getting a timed GTA6?

Forspoken is pretty much a 1st party title, it’s exclusive for at least two years, which is a lifetime for video games. You could make a whole sequel within that time frame if you wanted. It also a PS5 exclusive.

God of War is the follow up and conclusion to one of the best game released last gen, and it’s gonna do big numbers. Same with Horizon, sleep on them if you want because they are cross gen. Plus Gran Turismo. Then you have the smaller games like Stray, Sifu, Little Devil Inside. Etc Like i said, sleep on them if you want but this is a epic line up of games, and the comeption only has like two big games coming out next year, possibly and they’re both end of the year games.

For sony to have 5 major games releasing next year on top of new hardware with its own set of games is bigger than their 2020 year

Daps
For once i agree with @Grand Conde

Those ar 6 major games, outside of psvr2 and maybe factions and whatever Firewalk/firesprite are working on you shouldn’t expect anything else until 2023. Look at the competition they got like 2 games announced for next year.

FF16 is a major fukking title, 1st party or not, having that timed is a big deal. It’s also next gen only, who cares if its from sony themselves? Would you feel that way if sony was getting a timed GTA6?

Forspoken is pretty much a 1st party title, it’s exclusive for at least two years, which is a lifetime for video games. You could make a whole sequel within that time frame if you wanted. It also a PS5 exclusive.

God of War is the follow up and conclusion to one of the best game released last gen, and it’s gonna do big numbers. Same with Horizon, sleep on them if you want because they are cross gen. Plus Gran Turismo. Like i said, sleep on them if you want but this is a epic line up of games, and the comeption only has like two big games coming out next year, possibly and they’re both end of the year games.

For sony to have 5 major games releasing next year on top of new hardware with its own set of games is bigger than their 2020 year
I just need 1 ps5 only first party game like this year (preferably 2)
ff16 and forspoken isn't enough since they're made by square
they will have an event to reveal and address the status of GG's 2nd IP, Bluepoint, etc. IMO

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I just need 1 ps5 only first party game like this year (preferably 2)
ff16 and forspoken isn't enough since they're made by square
they will have an event to reveal and address the status of GG's 2nd IP, Bluepoint, etc. IMO

They may have an event but it wont be for games releasing in 2022

Daps
They may have an event but it wont be for games releasing in 2022
so TLOU Remake/Factions/Multiplayer is 2023 then?:hhh:
nah I still think that releases 2nd half 2022 probably in the summer
they had their event to give shine to their major 1st half games and they will have another for their 2nd half IMO
They clearly had a 2022 lineup until it got fukked up by COVID
Looking at the Ragnarok trailer it looks pretty far along just needs polish which means it could have made 2021 if everything went smoothly
So all 1st half 2022 games get pushed to the 2nd half and all 2nd half 2022 games get pushed to 2023
If all we get is their announced 2023 games :yeshrug:gets me excited for how they will play on the PS5 Pro :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
so TLOU Remake/Factions/Multiplayer is 2023 then?
they had their event to give shine to their major 1st half games and they will have another for their 2nd half IMO
They clearly had a 2022 lineup until it got fukked up by COVID
So all 1st half 2022 games get pushed to the 2nd half and all 2nd half 2022 games get pushed to 2023
If all we get is their announced 2023 games :yeshrug:gets me excited for how they will play on the PS5 Pro :yeshrug:

I wouldn’t expect whatever factions 2 is to be next gen only either, they’ve been working on it since the production of TLOU2

Daps
I wouldn’t expect whatever factions 2 is to be next gen only either, they’ve been working on it since the production of TLOU2
yet you expect it for 2022?
if Sony revealed their entire lineup for 2022 and 2023, what events would they have after?
they strategize what they will show and what will be shown together so nothing is overshadowed too much
if this is their 2022 lineup not bad at least we get ps5 exclusives even if they're not from Sony's first party but it would be disappointing if they don't have at least one first party studio making a 2022 PS5 exclusive showcase game like rift apart
Insomniac saving Sony's ass again ps5 exclusive spiderman 2 in 2023 and wolverine in 2024 most likely after releasing ps5 exclusive rift apart this year

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if Sony revealed their entire lineup for 2022 and 2023, what events would they have after?
they strategize what they will show and what will be shown together so nothing is overshadowed too much
if this is their 2022 lineup not bad at least we get ps5 exclusives even if they're not from Sony's first party but it would be disappointing if they don't have at least one first party studio making a 2022 PS5 exclusive showcase game like rift apart
Insomniac saving Sony's ass again ps5 exclusive spiderman 2 in 2023 and wolverine in 2024 most likely after releasing ps5 exclusive rift apart this year

I’m sure there will be plenty of ps5 games in 2023. So far they have only announced what one studio is working on, i assume we get those games mentioned above, maybe factions, and a showcase for all the 2023 games in fall again. Maybe a couple state of plays before then

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Next year's events will focus on (a) stuff already announced, (b) PSVR2 and (c) stuff coming in 2023. It's not complicated. So no, you are not getting your PS5 exclusive in 2022. :lolbron:

Daps
Next year's events will focus on (a) stuff already announced, (b) PSVR2 and (c) stuff coming in 2023. It's not complicated. So no, you are not getting your PS5 exclusive in 2022. :lolbron:
y'all weird as hell
you take joy in the fact there are no first party game fully taking advantage of the hardware in 2022 :mjlol:
because team Sony :mjlol:
until Sony comes out and finalizes their 2022 lineup, I am going to see wait and see what else they announce
at least there should be ZERO cross gen first party games in 2023