God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
Yall will not convince me god of war ragnarok is a less than beautiful looking game. I have a feeling a lot of peoples opinions are gonna change when its on their actual tv
'I hope you're right, I got an OLED. Im playing the shyt at 4K30. And I hope they spend the next 6 month polishing up/adding graphical features to the PS5 version.

Daps
And still one of the best looking games out so who cares
still disappointed it cross gen but the gameplay looked so epic in the gameplay trailer I rewatched a few times :ohlawd:
looks like the first game but more cinematic but I know they have a few more surprises in terms of gameplay that will improve on the last game
'I hope you're right, I got an OLED. Im playing the shyt at 4K30. And I hope they spend the next 6 month polishing up/adding graphical features to the PS5 version.
I don't think it releases March (I hope so)
I have a feeling it's releasing in May
The game is going to be soo good :ohlawd:
Too bad GOW3 not coming out until late 2025/2026 at the earliest:mjcry:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
still disappointed it cross gen but the gameplay looked so epic in the gameplay trailer I rewatched a few times :ohlawd:
looks like the first game but more cinematic but I know they have a few more surprises in terms of gameplay that will improve on the last game

I don't think it releases March (I hope so)
I have a feeling it's releasing in May
The game is going to be soo good :ohlawd:

March would be exactly 4 year anniversary but i think its fall maybe even holiday. Sony been lumping their big games close together for two years now though so i dont even know anymore

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Tyr better put the beats on these nikkas...they better not job him out :ufdup:

People complaining about "fat thor" cause they think marvel thor is the real thor :mjlol:

Weird they depict thor like this but not having some of the whetstone stuck in his face...thats like getting a supreme pizza but then being like no olives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tyr better put the beats on these nikkas...they better not job him out :ufdup:

People complaining about "fat thor" cause they think marvel thor is the real thor :mjlol:

Weird they depict thor like this but not having some of the whetstone stuck in his face...thats like getting a supreme pizza but then being like no olives

the funniest part about all this is people saying "Real thor" yall know these are all fairytales/folklore characters and can look however the fukk they want, right?

fat thor gonna knock kratos head off

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yall will not convince me god of war ragnarok is a less than beautiful looking game. I have a feeling a lot of peoples opinions are gonna change when its on their actual tv
Nah I dunno, Horizon Forbidden West looked amazing during the stream. Looked even better on a 4K set. I questioned if the game was truly cross gen with how good it looked.

This? I watched the 4K video on Youtube and it still looked hardly different from GOW 2018. I didn't even question if it's next-gen, I thought "Is this the PS4 version?" It will look good nonetheless but this didn't really do much for me :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah I dunno, Horizon Forbidden West looked amazing during the stream. Looked even better on a 4K set. I questioned if the game was truly cross gen with how good it looked.

This? I watched the 4K video on Youtube and it still looked hardly different from GOW 2018. I didn't even question if it's next-gen, I thought "Is this the PS4 version?" It will look good nonetheless but this didn't really do much for me :yeshrug:

opinions will greatly change on release, mark my words.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
untitled-2vekjf.gif

Badmon

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cap City
All Gow Ragnarok details I could find + trailer observations
renderTimingPixel.png

Discussion
Game Details:

• Releases in 2022 for PS4 & PS5

• Will be the last of the Norse GOW games

• Directed by Eric Williams

• Bear McCreary returns to compose the music

• Features all nine of the realms, including the previously unreachable Vanaheim, Svartalfheim, and Asgard. The returning realms will each have new explorable locations. “Exploring the realms will take you everywhere from verdant, otherworldly jungles to intricate subterranean mining networks.”

• No cut camera returns
Confirmed cast:

• Kratos - Christopher Judge

• Atreus - Sunny Suljic

• Mimir - Alastair Duncan

• Freya - Danielle Bisutti

• Tyr - Ben Prendergast

• Thor - Ryan Hurst

• Odin - Richard Schiff

• Angrboda - Laya Hayes

• Brok - Robert Craighead

• Sindri - Adam Harrignton

• Durlin - Usman Ally

• Skjöldr - A. J. Locascio

• Ratatoskr - SungWon Cho (replacing Troy Baker)

• Hrist - Erica Lindbeck

• Berserker Stags - Yong Yea
Enemy Types:

• Draugr

• Light Elves

• Dark Elves

• Dreki

• Stalker

• Berserker Stags

• Asguardians (Possibly Einherjar)
Trailer Observations/Small Details:

• 0:38 Atreus holds an orb which says “Hati”

• 0:39 For the very first section of the game Kratos only wields the Leviathan Axe though by the time we reach the Centre of the Realms (1:12) the blades of Chaos will be equipped.

• 1:06 Mimir also appears to be left in the house for the start of the game

• 1:12 Leviathan Axe and the Blades of Chaos both look to have their upgrades reset and runic attacks removed for the start of the game

• 1:12 Midgard transportation will now require a sleigh with wolves due to the lake being Frozen. SMS’s twitter revealed the names of the wolves are Speki and Svanna

• 1:21 Based on the progression of the Axe upgrades, Svartalfheim appears to be a major location for the first act similar to Alfheim in Gow2018.

• 1:24 Svartalfheim (and probably Alfheim) will still use the boat for travelling

• 1:30 Non-hostile civilian dwarf NPCs

• 1:32 Statue of Odin or Ivaldi?

• 1:44 New Frog like enemies in Svartalfheim

• 1:46 The Blades can now be used to grapple onto marked points

• 1:49 Jumping attacks

• 1:49 Atreus looks to have a flaming bow when he melee attacks an enemy

• 1:49 The new frog enemy type can be seen leaping onto a vantage point in the background

• 1:53 Kratos still carries around the Sack which contained Faye’s ashes

• 2:00 Humanoid (probably Einherjar) enemies wielding Axes and Maces look to be the new cannon fodder enemy type of this game similar to the Draugr and Hel-Walkers in the last game

• Speaking of Hel-Walkers, we don’t see any in this trailer during the Midgard scenes so they may now have been locked in Helheim thanks to the Valkyrie’s being freed

• 2:12 A brute bare-handed version of the Asgardian enemies is transported in front of Kratos.

• 2:19 Stance switch is back

• 2:20 Dreki enemy in Svartalfheim (name confirmed by Playstation Blog)

• 2:24 Stalker enemy in Midgard (name also confirmed by Playstation Blog)

• 2:25 Brief look at Alfheim

• 2:28 Light Elves have a new design and are now enemies

• 2:26 In the background you can see Light Elves and Dark Elves appear to be fighting dynamically through the main combat system. In the previous game NPCs (except Atreus) never fought each other outside of scripted sequences.

• 2:32 and 2:34 Kratos can be seen wielding two different non-circular shields

• 2:34 New Atreus runic summon

• Hrist being played by Erica Lindbeck confirms Valkyries will be back but also will not just be the same ones featured in the last game

• Tyr is 8'5

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See thats the thing, Sony 1st Party is supposed to push the entire industry forward graphically. So when their A+ franchise doesn't do that, and literally looks like a PS4 Pro game.. It is hella disappointing. Those screens like GOW 2018 with an extra 6 months of polish.

God of War 2018, best looking game out when it dropped.
The Last of Us Part II, best looking game ever when it dropped.
Ratchet Rift Apart, best looking game ever when it dropped..
Horizon Forbidden West, looking to do the same thing...

Sony just does that.

You would expect GOD OF WAR to follow suit... But its not even close.

6c5f500017f315061113b5b7cc823407f67bbdee.gifv

All im saying is I expected to be mind blown from a studio like Santa Monica. Game will still be amazing, day 1, But graphically speaking they can do MUCH better than this.
Yup. Forbidden west looks much much better. GOW looks are low key disappointing. The game I’m sure will still be amazing

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
I won't complain too much...but...
Fat Thor?
:ld::ld::ld:

Kills the intimdating factor

z5nes27vxmm71.jpg

He's probably gonna be tall as shyt tho, and yes Norse Thor was a big boy all he did was eat, drink, fight male giants and fukk female giants. Like literally that's his whole personality :deadmanny:

Daps
If the next GOW is set in Egypt and Egypt alone, it better not be filled w/ CACs :mjpls:
Edit: They'll probably have a range of ambiguous races (probably make them all brown) to avoid a RE5 situation now that I think about it :jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If the next GOW is set in Egypt and Egypt alone, it better not be filled w/ CACs :mjpls:
Edit: They'll probably have a range of ambiguous races (probably make them all brown) to avoid a RE5 situation now that I think about it :jbhmm:

It will be like origins, big nose, bushy eyebrow brown people with Caesar’s