God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Just finished the main story. Took my sweet time with it... 95 hours and did all the available Muspelheim trials, Berserker challenges, etc before finishing the story.

Game was basically another masterpiece. It's in that 9.5-10/10 category depending on your nitpicks. I have a couple but it didn't take away from it being GotY-worthy.

One nitpick:
Character-wise, I will say that i (still) don't care for Artreus. And no, i don't have kids but that's not really the cause... as Lee/Clementine (GOAT) and Joel/Ellie gave me them parental feels with how those relationships unfolded.

Part of it is Freya is simply a more interesting character and companion... she has a better backstory, a better move set, and plays off Kratos and Mimir way better. The voice actress + writers did a great job giving Freya a complex range of emotions but with an overall bad bytch energy.

She's the character with the movesets (Valykrie, witchcraft, archer) and personality that could carry a stand alone GoW game or DLC, if it were to come down to that.

In comparison, i just didn't find Artreus motivation to be that interesting. Nor was it fun to play as him, once the newness of it passed. Tho part of it can be attributed to another nitpick in that there wasn't as much to customize for him (or Freya) particularly in the armor and abilities. I get it, bc Kratos is the main guy -as he should be- but it was disappointing that there was no difference in what armor you gave Arteus or Freya, and the limitations of upgrading their weapons.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The Amulet really can be tailored around your play style or for the fight you're taking on. For the Berserker King, I built out a high stun loadout. I parry and dodge constantly, so this set is what I had on Kratos for that fight... he's lucky the hit boxes just magically don't register hits when you're going too hard at times, cause if that wasn't the case, I would have went crazy on em. His stun meter was racing up the entire time.

:whew:

185605dc57740-58d44635-E72-F71796-DC-5-D8-A01-CFF9-B9-EDF4-message-428123904169039-1672359000660.jpg

nikka, what kinda armor you got to have 570 skremf?????

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
WamTXbL.jpg

Zh1GzTF.jpg

VPiTscT.jpg

bFbqzQe.jpg

n8FbDmo.jpg

c68PoOV.jpg

ilz0xtJ.jpg

YwDicwx.jpg

How this game wasnโ€™t a runner up at least for DF best graphics of 2022 will alway be bizarre to me, its on the same level as Plague Tale Requiem which is current gen only, and this is way better designed.

Its also animated better

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nikka, what kinda armor you got to have 570 skremf?????
:demonic:
The Dragon set is OD for Strength. But you can filter each attribute in your inventory and see what gear has the most Strength. I basically maxed out Strength for the GNA and Berserker King fight.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I missed this armor set. I had the item needed too, but see this is an example of how easy it is to miss things in the game. This seems like a cheat code tho, so that's probably why it's fairly hidden

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
:demonic:
The Dragon set is OD for Strength. But you can filter each attribute in your inventory and see what gear has the most Strength. I basically maxed out Strength for the GNA and Berserker King fight.

Get the last amulet fixed, it's a huge help with enchantments. Close all the hel tears and you'll get that.