God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis:I disagree...the father element was a nice touch but to be honest, Atreus wasn't handled as good as I would have liked.
I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but I'll say this; they didn't build him up enough to take him where they want to take him.
There were a few quotables throughout the 2 games between Kratos and Atreus, but it wasn't the father son dynamic that resonated with me.
What stuck with me was the overall journey of Kratos. A man who sacrificed himself for his family. A man who was used and betrayed. He led a life of endless pain. Every step forward led him down a darker path. He ultimately found peace in this new norse world only to have it stripped from him again. Story of Kratos is what is legendary to me. Atreus is an important part of it, but to say his relationship is why people love it isn't true; at least not in my view.
To build further on my point...do not read if you haven't beaten the game....
Atreus leaving at the end had no effect on me emotionally. His portions of the game in terms of gameplay and even in terms of story were only weak parts of the game. They never built him up enough to make him his own capable character. I don't think anyone is interested at all in playing a stand alone Atreus game and since they didn't kill Kratos like I thought they would, they still have the flexibility to continue the story with Kratos and Freya now if they wanted. I personally would like to see a final God Of War where Kratos officially is retired, either by dying, or by relinquishing his powers and going away to die of old age...kind of like Solid Snake at the end of MGS 4.

the ending we got is honestly a fine way to end the story, IF they wanted. We pretty much have an optimistic idea of where Kratos will end up and the path he’ll follow. Theres nothing more you really need to see the character go through, he did a complete 180. I don’t think anyone wants to play as Kratos as just like a benevolent hero like figure. The idea of him striving to be that is just a satisfying conclusion to me

Its time for SMS to flex their creative muscles with some new stuff like Naughty Dog did after Uncharted 3

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
the ending we got is honestly a fine way to end the story, IF they wanted. We pretty much have an optimistic idea of where Kratos will end up and the path he’ll follow. Theres nothing more you really need to see the character go through, he did a complete 180. I don’t think anyone wants to play as Kratos as just like a benevolent hero like figure. The idea of him striving to be that is just a satisfying conclusion to me

Its time for SMS to flex their creative muscles with some new stuff like Naughty Dog did after Uncharted 3
that’s fine as far as opinions go. I just don’t care to play a game as Atreus given that’s the door they left open the most. They didn’t make him a likeable enough character IMO. He still very well cemented in Kratos’ shadow. Gameplay wise, his portions felt like a chore in comparison to Kratos’. Again, I’m moreso disagree with the notion that the father son dynamic is what drew people in; to me, that should solely be attributed to the amazing character development of Kratos overall, not just his relationship with Atreus these past 2 games because IMO, the father son dynamic didn’t resonate with me beyond a few dope quotes Kratos had. Atreus felt like a typical side kick. I didn’t feel like he developed into a man that could take up the mantle. The story arc of Kratos is far more compelling than Atreus’

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s fine as far as opinions go. I just don’t care to play a game as Atreus given that’s the door they left open the most. They didn’t make him a likeable enough character IMO. He still very well cemented in Kratos’ shadow. Gameplay wise, his portions felt like a chore in comparison to Kratos’. Again, I’m moreso disagree with the notion that the father son dynamic is what drew people in; to me, that should solely be attributed to the amazing character development of Kratos overall, not just his relationship with Atreus these past 2 games because IMO, the father son dynamic didn’t resonate with me beyond a few dope quotes Kratos had. Atreus felt like a typical side kick. I didn’t feel like he developed into a man that could take up the mantle. The story arc of Kratos is far more compelling than Atreus’

i mean, i agree. I’m on record saying that Atreus can’t carry his own game, personality or gameplay wise. He just doesn’t have the star power. Its like playing a game as Jaden Smith.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
And we're done
pXomj38.jpg

thanks for another great one Sony :wow: