God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
New game plus….

i’m gonna be looking at Tyr the entire time like :stopitslime:

It's probably unlikely, but I hope that in addition to the extra armor and accessories they're probably adding, they end up adding a couple of other hints that shyt isn't what it seems with Tyr. I was suspecting something was up with him, but it's always fun being able to go back and see things you know the characters can't.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Also, i would've liked if they'd redesign the sword hilts to where you could equip 2 or 3. Maybe make them other sword components or something.

There's a dozen of them hilts but if we're keeping it a buck, the only one you need in this life of sin is realm shift. Esp for end game fights. Some of the other ones are interesting but 5 seconds of free offense + seguing into a rune attack that will stun lock your opponent.. that's tough to beat.

If we could use 2 or 3 hilts the same way we can use 2 runic attacks for each of the other weapons, that would encourage ppl to experiment more with the other abilities.
The throwing bifrost move is really good and unlke the realm shift the cool down is a lot lower

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
9.5 / 10
Game is a strong reminder of what PlayStation does like no other.
The story felt rushed at time which is a shame given how long the game is. They had plenty of opportunities to flesh out the plot and make certain things more meaningful.
Overall I love the game.
I aside from some missteps with the story, I really can’t complain.
As a person that’s been gaming since the NES and has played every single God of War game; as I played the last chapter of the game I felt sentimental thinking of how far gaming has come and also how far this series has come.
Yeah, all of this. Was feeling the same way by that point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Whats everyones favorite moment/scene from the game?

I think it has to be the horn blowing moment summoning ragnarok. That scene with all the realm doors opening up and the horn disappearing with the music :banderas:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I think it has to be the horn blowing moment summoning ragnarok. That scene with all the realm doors opening up and the horn disappearing with the music :banderas:
Him running to the flying boat with freyr on his back while fighting off monsters

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

Valk fight to Freya reveal was great.

Everything dealing with Sutur was cool
Even though the Ragnarok event itself was pretty rushed imo I agree the Horn scene was probably the most "epic" scene of the game. That music was :wow:
The music throughout the game was :wow:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

Between the Garm fight or the Twin Valk fight at the Spark. Loved the scale

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Also, i would've liked if they'd redesign the sword hilts to where you could equip 2 or 3. Maybe make them other sword components or something.

There's a dozen of them hilts but if we're keeping it a buck, the only one you need in this life of sin is realm shift. Esp for end game fights. Some of the other ones are interesting but 5 seconds of free offense + seguing into a rune attack that will stun lock your opponent.. that's tough to beat.

If we could use 2 or 3 hilts the same way we can use 2 runic attacks for each of the other weapons, that would encourage ppl to experiment more with the other abilities.
My favorite hilt is definitely the one you get when you beat all the berserkers.
The Hundra Mimi Bifrost cannon is hilarious
, but before that the Bifrost hilt was my go-to hilt. It was my edge in boss fights especially once it was fully upgraded stack it with the runic attacks of your weapons and your shredding enemies.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The throwing bifrost move is really good and unlke the realm shift the cool down is a lot lower
My favorite hilt is definitely the one you get when you beat all the berserkers.
The Hundra Mimi Bifrost cannon is hilarious
, but before that the Bifrost hilt was my go-to hilt. It was my edge in boss fights especially once it was fully upgraded stack it with the runic attacks of your weapons and your shredding enemies.

Yea before the Heimdall fight, bifrost chakras were my go-to but once I equipped/fully upgraded Freya with her bifrost sword slashes,… Freya’s runic + realm shift hilt + runic attack stun lock = living my best life lol.

Granted after beating Berserk King and Gna, I’ve been thinkin of retiring realm shift and the bifrost slashes for the new shyt lol

Sadly I’ve just about run out of ppl to fight.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Lengthy video but worth the watch. There's a bunch of recorded dialogue that didn't make it to the final game. I can understand why they cut this content, but at the same time, it exposes how sloppy the story got in some instances. Ragnarok, the event/being that the game centered around, was ultimately pointless and anti-climactic. Surtr's fire going into the blades of chaos as a replacement for Sinmara's heart felt silly when I saw it first and now with this missing content I can understand more-so why it felt so out of place and poorly written in comparison to the events prior to it. Absolutely love the game and will definitely run through it again for new game plus and very likely go for the platinum but, the story does have a few sloppily written elements that hurt the overall narrative. The main story missions were long enough, but some of the flaws in the story could have easily been fleshed out in side quests or at least, fill gaps with some dialogue as you travel.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Lengthy video but worth the watch. There's a bunch of recorded dialogue that didn't make it to the final game. I can understand why they cut this content, but at the same time, it exposes how sloppy the story got in some instances. Ragnarok, the event/being that the game centered around, was ultimately pointless and anti-climactic. Surtr's fire going into the blades of chaos as a replacement for Sinmara's heart felt silly when I saw it first and now with this missing content I can understand more-so why it felt so out of place and poorly written in comparison to the events prior to it. Absolutely love the game and will definitely run through it again for new game plus and very likely go for the platinum but, the story does have a few sloppily written elements that hurt the overall narrative. The main story missions were long enough, but some of the flaws in the story could have easily been fleshed out in side quests or at least, fill gaps with some dialogue as you travel.

This was both intriguing yet disappointing to learn.

When i spoke earlier of nitpicks i had for the game, that plot point was a part of it, but also:
generally speaking, the big emotional appeal for the game was how they were going to handle the prophecy of Kratos dying.

The whole game I really thought we were going to get some heartbreaking emotional death to the only important character (no offense Brock), and then perhaps Artreus Loki earns his name sake by tricking Odin and using a macguffin to reverse/alter fate.

Yet after much ado with Arteus's entire motivation with helping Odin, the whole mask/dimensional rift thing (macguffin), and old-man Kratos having this air of inevitability throughout... they basically hand-waived it all. Arteus breaks the mask... and then cue boss fight.

I mean, it was adequate... but why even call him Loki if he ain't gonna do any mischief?

More specific to what you shared, the whole Surtur plotline seemed a bit rushed and half-baked when i played through it but now i see that it literally was missing half of the story lol. At least in the deleted content they intended Loki to actually lie to bring about the other major prophecy.