God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
Not looking for spoilers, but I do have a question/thought.

Just for reference, I think I'm about 15 hours in...just got to Asgard with Loki. What I'm wondering is, why does it feel like washing enemies with Loki, but when I'm playing as Kratos, they're harder to kill? Is this Kratos getting weaker/Loki gaining strength? Or maybe Loki is fighting weaker enemies? Or maybe I'm just not fighting like I should with Kratos. Anyway, game is dope other than the long drawn out trip to Ironwood

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Just for reference, I think I'm about 15 hours in...just got to Asgard with Loki. What I'm wondering is, why does it feel like washing enemies with Loki, but when I'm playing as Kratos, they're harder to kill? Is this Kratos getting weaker/Loki gaining strength? Or maybe Loki is fighting weaker enemies? Or maybe I'm just not fighting like I should with Kratos. Anyway, game is dope other than the long drawn out trip to Ironwood
Loki is definitely fighting weaker enemies and his move set is more limited than Kratos. The difficulty scaling in this game is incredibly well done. You are going to run into a few optional bosses that are intended for you to come back to at a higher level. For the most part, the game throws just enough challenge at you to keep you going and never feel too easy

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Finished a few days ago

I give this a 9/10
First one I gave like a 9.4

I honestly think this should have been a trilogy

I feel like this game should have been used to gather all the forces necessary for Ragnarok , and then the final game be all out war. Ragnarok is a big deal, I felt I didn’t really get the feeling that it was here, it happened way too fast in my opinion. But I did like the overall story and writing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

They probably just don’t want to bog you down too much with Loki’s limited move-set. His sections are more for the exposition and to break up the gameplay pacing a bit.

Interesting note: Loki is the first non-kratos playable character Santa Monica has ever made

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I don't have a storyline explanation, but the mechanics explanation comes down to damage mitigation. While playing as Kratos each enemy's level dictates how resistant they are to damage from Kratos. Atreus doesn't have that same leveling system, so they basically have it all turn off for his combat encounters.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
They probably just don’t want to bog you down too much with Loki’s limited move-set. His sections are more for the exposition and to break up the gameplay pacing a bit.

Interesting note: Loki is the first non-kratos playable character Santa Monica has ever made
Why do I feel like you "played" as his daughter in one of the first 3 games or one of the PSP games? Probably completely wrong about this but I thought you walked around as someone else at some point.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Man the Alfheim berserkers was whooping my ass for an hour plus...said fukk it lemme go to Vanaheim:hubie:

Seen the berserker gravestone there, figured it couldn't be as bad as the Alfheim 3....that shyt pissed me off even more cause I could easily beat him at level 5, it's all the other shyt happening that overwhelmed me...so I'mma wait til I'm level 7 before doing any of these other berserkers fights

Last edited: