God Of War: Ragnarok (Nov. 9th, 2022) (PS4/PS5) (Valhalla DLC out 12/12/2023)

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'll speak yall language, well at least @Gizmo_Duck

It's interesting because the user review score on yo favorite site for this game have been ticking down almost every week since release.

gow 2018 is at a rock solid 9.1 :ohlawd:

gow rag is now down to 7.9 :francis:

Guess we aren't the only one with "issues" with the game especially compared to the 1st one.
m-baku-black-panther.gif

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I gotta go back in and get the platinum. I need some time tho, I gotta brush off my skills. I took a week off and tried to come back and fight the berserker in Alfheim :merchant:

Cut it off and went back to Pokémon :smile:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Damn, sounds like you rushed a bit through the story these last few days considering where you were at last time y you posted. You do side quests? Planning on doing any post game content? What difficulty you play on?

I got laid off last week so I lve just been playing this shyt and chilling :mjlol:

I played on normal. If I want to be frustrated I can just play strive Im too old to be torturing myself with these shyts still :hubie:

Ill probs do post game shyt but not right away

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I got laid off last week so I lve just been playing this shyt and chilling :mjlol:

I played on normal. If I want to be frustrated I can just play strive Im too old to be torturing myself with these shyts still :hubie:

Ill probs do post game shyt but not right away
Damn. That sucks about the lay off, but always cool to have a work break to enjoy a masterpiece.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
These fukk nikkas still paying me for 4 more months Im chilling atm :yeshrug:
Ah, so you got some severance. Nice! I've been there before and had a load of fukk shyt go down at my last job that had me quit on them whilst still getting 2 months worth of pay past my quit date as well. fukk these corporations.

Definitely do the post game stuff out. Lot of worthwhile content there.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A few people saying this is not as good as 2018 and I'm just wondering how? Improvements all across the board and way much more to accomplish in terms of story

Maybe they enjoy the smaller more to the point narrative, but anything else is cap. Go back and play GoW2018 after this, it feels horrible.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
A few people saying this is not as good as 2018 and I'm just wondering how? Improvements all across the board and way much more to accomplish in terms of story
The bulk of them have agendas is how for the most part (Bots, race swap shyt, TGTBT Contraians). Then there's a few folks that are just contextually inept and/or whiners. You can usually see what's what the moment they try to explain their "disdain".

There's very little to complain about the game really. And even among those are nitpicks more than anything.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The bulk of them have agendas is how for the most part (Bots, race swap shyt, TGTBT Contraians). Then there's a few folks that are just contextually inept and/or whiners. You can usually see what's what the moment they try to explain their "disdain".

There's very little to complain about the game really. And even among those are nitpicks more than anything.

Don’t forget people that are new found Fromsoft fans and feel over protective of elden ring being challenged for some metaphorical game of the year title

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Maybe they enjoy the smaller more to the point narrative, but anything else is cap. Go back and play GoW2018 after this, it feels horrible.

Exactly, everything in this game is smoother than 2018 from the combat to the realm travel to the upgrade system and that's just QoL shyt. Story in this hits much harder in more places, and the only beat from 2018 that comes close is getting the blades back.

While still a crazy successful reboot to the franchise it feels surface level compared to Ragnarok

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly, everything in this game is smoother than 2018 from the combat to the realm travel to the upgrade system and that's just QoL shyt. Story in this hits much harder in more places, and the only beat from 2018 that comes close is getting the blades back.

While still a crazy successful reboot to the franchise it feels surface level compared to Ragnarok

I’d say the high points of 2018, were the blades and spreading Faye’s ashes. Those moments hit hard but i feel like there are a dozen scenes in the 2nd game that hit just as hard. Ragnarok is the only game i feel like that has brought me close to tears